Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know this comment might be blasphemous to most of the Hondonians and some of the known universe, but I'm just not enjoying Civil War as much I think I should! Yeah, Spidey comin' out (really doesn't need a spoiler) and the return of ______ are cool, but I'm sorry everyone! It just ain't doin' it for me!

Reed and Tony are way into this. I like the fact that they have no problem taking out there friends. I also like the fact that SHIELD is deploying supervillians to help them hunt down the anti-group. On top of that I've yet to see the pro-group do anything usefull other then hunt other hero's.

Joe Casada was on the Colbert Report last night. Earlier in that show, he was doing his segmant, Better Know A District, and he was profiling the representative from Washington DC, and he said "Tonight I'll be interviewing the DC representive. I hope that guy from Marvel isn't pissed about that." I was cracking up.

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

The zeal that the Pro-register group has is what makes this the most believable... once a course has been set, once a policy has been decided upon then everyone goes hell-bent on it nowadays, to the ugly extreme.

Kinda what i was thinking....i need to see Stark & Reed's plan to judge their zeal, too.

Return of who?

Damn spoiler

I dont get it, man - if youre really gonna ruin the writer/artist's work on delivery and cliffhangers, why actually read the books at all? cmon now.

I know this comment might be blasphemous to most of the Hondonians and some of the known universe, but I'm just not enjoying Civil War as much I think I should! Yeah, Spidey comin' out (really doesn't need a spoiler) and the return of ______ are cool, but I'm sorry everyone! It just ain't doin' it for me!

Really? what were you lookin for that youre not gettin?

Me, im still really into it...the parts of minor characters retiring or coming together are weak, yeah, but you knew theyd use this as a springboard. My only real complaint's gonna be if/when its all undone in the end, somehow.

The core book is at the top of my list; frontine is good so far, and the side stories even have me reading things like Cable/Deadpool, Thunderbolts, and other books i normally woudlnt bother. Threads they have me watching for are:

- :) 's hunt of Nitro

- :) is looking to possibly jump ship, and his recent fight with Captain America was a pretty good one, went on for a few pages & gave me a real fight, not total cop out shit like i usually get, i dug that. You gotta admit, Amazing Spidey is a more exciting titile right now than its been in years.

-FF's been a solid read too (GET IT? BWHAHAHA)

- there's still charcters im waitin to see who's side they end up on. The division amongst the X-Men, and potentially FF and such are interesting...fuckin' Bishop.

etc. House of M was only good in the core books, and the aftermath was weak at best. I dont even remember Decimation, and i skipped Ahniallation, so i stand by this event as being the big one for me - its only a weak ending or aftermath that could dilute it, i think.

He's a staple Marvel character. I'm not sayin he doesnt look/talk gay, but that's his status.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

its still all at Z-Cult, but its week to week in the DCP packs, i havent seen a Civil War update torrent yet, and might not till the whole event's done.

lemme know what books in particular youre lookin for (the core one, frontline, spidey etc) and i can dig those up, though.

Yeah, pretty much.

Thing is, im not archiving; im reading and deleting, only keeping last month's issues to catch up if i need to. I think i have the core Civil War titles (all 3 issues) kept, that's it.

So, if you guys dont wanna check each week - new books come out weds, so look for scans by thrus - over at Z-Cult with my login, you can go to Pirate Bay and lookup "DCP" and get whatever is marked this week's date, if youre good iwth bittorrent (preferrably azereus) you can just go in, pick out the books you want, give em an hour or two to finish up, and bam, new books.

If not, like i said, lemme know and ill try to find whatever titles from the arc youre lookin for, its still recent enough where theyre being seeded/can be found.

Sure, there's actual news over at Newsarama about this event (lotta thor-love), but fuck that, here's more parody!

Civil War Parody

Speedball: Okay, we've fought the Sphinx and Galactus at various points in our career. The guy whom couldn't beat ANYBODY except by being toxic by his meer presence shouldn't be a problem.

Namorita: But what if he blows up an entire city?

Speedball: DAMNIT WOMAN, don't you think if he could do that he would have already done it and killed all of Marvel's heroes?

*KABLOOM*

Speedball: Well don't I have egg on my face.

Tony Stark: OH MY GOD! THINK OF THE CHILDREN! THIS IS THE WORST DISASTER OF ALL TIME!

Captain America: Except for when Kang conquered all of the planet and burned the skies from orbit.

Tony Stark: Except for that.

Captain America: Remember Genosha? 13 million dead.

Tony Stark: They were mutants, doesn't count.

Captain America: Remember when Ultron killed Yugoslavia's stand in?

Tony Stark: I'm missing your point.

Captain America: Hey, how about the cities in Russia Magneto destroyed.

Tony Stark: This is AMERICA man!

Captain America:There's been like a dozen small towns destroyed in comics in just this decade alone.

Tony Stark: It's near New York.

Captain America: Speaking of New York. Magneto rampage...5000 dead. Hulk, killed an entire city now. Thor also took over the planet.

Tony Stark: This was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Captain America: That was one honking strong camel.

Tony Stark: Okay, basically, we need to become accountable to the government.

Captain America: The one we're investigating for working with HYDRA?

Tony Stark: Let's put a pin in that right now.

Captain America: Dokay.

Tony Stark: I'm sure they won't abuse this power.

X-factor: Like make us work with Sabertooth and Mystique.

Professor X: Or build monster robots to hunt us down like animals.

Tony Stark: I believe in this nation.

Red Skull: You know, I had your job before you did. I kept it longer.

Tony Stark: Listen poindexter, I will BEAT your asses if you don't work with registration.

Director Hill: Hey! Captain, will you work with us?

Captain America: I don't like it but I...

Director Hill: Oh yes and please make it a point to hunt down your fellow superheroes instead of supervillains if they don't do this.

Captain America: I don't think that's a good...

Director Hill: OR I WILL KILL YOU.

Captain America: Ah Screw this.

Director Hill: Weird, I was using my nice voice.

Tony Stark: Peter, don't worry about giving away your secret identity.

Spiderman: Because you'll stand with me to fight off Supervillains and help defend me against legal costs right?

Tony Stark: Oh hell no. I'm too busy looking posh.

Mr. Fantastic: You know what I love? McCarthyism.

Director Hill: Oh by the way, Mr. F can we use you to build a super prison for superheroes?

Spiderman: Why aren't people paying for something like this for...I dunno.....Apocalypse?

Director Hill: Because apparently we hate our heroes more than we hate terrorists.

Speedball: I DID NOTHING WRONG! ATTICA! ATTICA!

Lawyer: Umm...you realize you're involved in 600 cases of manslaughter.

Speedball: But that's not possible.

Lawyer: I mean, seriously dude, you're guilty as hell. You attacked a supervillain who EXPLODES in the middle of a residential district. We're offering you a way out.

Speedball: I will be exonerated.

Lawyer: Dumbass.

Captain America: Yes, we're going to go underground and fight the MAN!

Falcon: Word up homey.

Batman: Okay, jackass, you don't get to steal my Dark Knight Returns stickhe.

Captain America: Yes, Americans need to know that authority should rest within the hands of an elite few guided solely by their consciences with no one to answer to but each other. I am that man!

Red Skull: You know, Captain, you're suddenly starting to make sense to me.

Captain America: And we have Nick Fury's help for this!

Nick Fury: It's the least I can do. You know, I already have everyone's secret identity on file. The whole registration thing makes no sense.

Captain America: Funny that.

Civil Wardrobe

CWardrobe01.jpg

civilwardrobemortgoldenboyby4.jpg

civilwarpg8pg.jpg

ImwithIronMan.jpg

civilwarwithironman.jpg

manthing.jpg

CW-Punisher.jpg

image.php?u=22394&dateline=1151554521.gif

CivilWar.gif

withnail8gw.jpg

20p35nn.jpg

westcott3.jpg

For SB & RA:

serenitybrown.jpg

CWbenagain.jpg

CW_billted.jpg

for panch:

civilwarbannerNFLSuperPro.jpg

civilmistake9qd.png

emmaphoenixsig.jpg

w36880841.bmp

civilwarjoeygf8.jpg

nEWSIG.jpg

cwwarren.jpg

0004absh.gif

HOMER1.JPG

gt.jpg

imwithwu9vc.jpg

TOOL_sig.jpg

11imt750ba.png

gambitwar.jpg

civilwar31hx.jpg

S3.gif

cwus5qk.jpg

Shivawar.jpg

civilwarbanners73ja2.jpg

htypottersig8ib.gif

maryjane.jpg

and my favorites of the batch:

loganpaper.jpg

photoshop1hf.jpg

It's a sad day.

In information released to comic book retailers Tuesday, Marvel has announced that issue #4 and 5 of their hugely successful Civil War series are being delayed.

Civil War #4 [and all its variant cover editions], originally scheduled to be released tomorrow, is now scheduled for September 20th. Issue #5 and all its variants, originally scheduled for next month, is now scheduled for November 15th.

And because of the nature of the storyline, the delays in the main series will affect the related and tie-in titles, like Civil War: Front Line.

In the announcement, Marvel wrote:

“Over the next few weeks, the Civil War proper title and a few of the tie in books that are closely related to the story in the main book will be shipping later than originally planned. In an attempt to accommodate the creative team of Millar and McNiven and keep the artistic integrity and high standards of the event, we will be shifting the following titles:

CIVIL WAR 4 (JUN061952; $2.99) moves to 9/20

CIVIL WAR 4 TURNER VARIANT (JUN061953; $2.99) moves to 9/20

CIVIL WAR 4 TURNER SKETCH VARIANT (APR068201; $2.00) moves to 9/20

FANTASTIC FOUR 540 (JUN061961; $2.99) moves to 9/20

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 6 (JUN061955; $2.99) moves to 9/27

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 535 (JUN061938; $2.99) moves to 9/27

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 7 (JUL061956; $2.99) moves to 10/11

CIVIL WAR 5 (JUL061952; $2.99) moves to 11/15

CIVIL WAR 5 TURNER VARIANT (JUL061953; $2.99) moves to 11/15

CIVIL WAR 5 TURNER SKETCH VARIANT (JUL061954; $2.00) moves to 11/15

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 8 (JUL061957; $2.99) moves to 11/22

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL 1 (JUL061988; $2.99) moves to 11/22

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL 1 (Black and White) (JUL061989; $2.99) moves to 11/22

FANTASTIC FOUR 541 (JUL061965; $2.99) moves to 11/22

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 536 (JUL061941; $2.99) moves to 11/22

CIVIL WAR 6 (AUG062033; $2.99) moves to 12/20

CIVIL WAR 6 TURNER VARIANT (AUG062034; $2.99) moves to 12/20

CIVIL WAR 6 TURNER SKETCH VARIANT (AUG062035; $2.00) moves to 12/20

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 9 (AUG062036; $2.99) moves to 12/20

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL 2 (AUG062066; $2.99) moves to 12/28

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 10 (AUG062037; $2.99) moves to 1/4/07

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 537 (AUG062018; $2.99) moves to 1/4/07

FANTASTIC FOUR 542 (AUG062045; $2.99) moves to 1/4/07

CIVIL WAR 7 moves to 1/17, Not yet solicited

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 538 Not yet solicited

FANTASTIC FOUR 543 moves to 1/24/07, Not yet solicited

NEW ADDITIONS TO THE CIVIL WAR CHECKLIST!

BLACK PANTHER 23 CW December 2006

CIVIL WAR: WAR CRIMES December 2006 ONE SHOT

BLACK PANTHER 24 CW January 2007

BLACK PANTHER 25 CW February 2007

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 11 February 2007

Also, starting in November some Marvel will be branded as “Casualties of War” -- similar to how they branded titles as “Spider-Man Unmasked” and “Road to Civil War”. Those titles are:

MOON KNIGHT 7

In December

CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER SPECIAL

IRON MAN/CAPTAIN AMERICA SPECIAL

MOON KNIGHT 8

In January 2007

BLADE 5

MOON KNIGHT 9

“The need for these shifts came about as the September [for November shipping product] Marvel Previews #37 was going to press and we were not able to make adjustments,” reads Marvel’s explanation to retailers. “The December Marvel Previews will reflect the changes and additions. At this point we do not anticipate further changes to the schedule. We apologize for the inconvenience but feel that this is in the best interest of the quality of the event and for retailers to continue to realize the immense sales for these books. We are announcing these shifts early enough in the hopes that retailers can adjust their buying patterns for the next few months. Also, we hope the addition of a few more key Civil War titles will make up for any lost sales that result from these moves.”

Look for more information regarding these changes as it becomes available.

Update 08.16.06 8:25am - When contacted for comment by Newsarama, writer Mark Millar said: "All I can say is that I'm as surprised by all this as you are. In fact, I only found out about it when I got up this morning and read my email. But you know what? This is a very cool thing for Marvel do to because it would have been so much easier to just go for a cheap fill-in artist instead of pushing back the books. Steve had virtually no lead-time on Civil War and a title with a million characters has proven much tougher than he expected. He and I both assumed a fill-in would be on the cards at some point, but Marvel credit Steve with a huge amount of our book's success and, as a creator, I'm genuinely stunned they spread the project out by another seven weeks to make it work for him. Marvel really took a bullet here. This pushes a lot of cash into the next financial quarter for them and they've really put product over profit here. I absolutely never expected them to work their entire publishing schedule around an art delay, but it's cool that they did and I totally take my hat off to them. Sure, it's horrible when a book we want is a little late, but I can live with a few weeks if it means getting Steve McNiven every issue. Apologies to readers and thanks to many people who were worried this meant I'd got sick again (I'm doing absolutely fine, thanks). This has been the biggest book of the millennium so far and it's clear people are passionate about waiting. But, honestly, it'll be worth it for seven issues of pure McNiven

I don't give a fuck about the artist reason for the delay. If he can't do it find somebody who can get this book out on time.

Don't say that! You realise if you type/say that three times into any Marvel property John Byrne appears from a puff of smoke to grant your wish in exchange for your sense of wonder & love of continuity?

Fucking sucks but I guess Marvel's gonna wring a few dollars outta this yet. Think about it, well, those of us that BUY comics, we're gonna need to fill the gap with something, and it's probably gonna be the CW tie-ins we didn't bother with before. Smart manoevuer(sp).

I'm talking about the ones that're already out. I'll bet their not doing as well as say, the core book, Amazing Spidey, maybe Front Line. At the moment I'm only buying Core & Frontline, but now that I've a month to wait, I might's well shell out for a few tie-ins that've been out for a bit but I haven't previously been bothered with. It's Joey Q saying 'No dessert until you pick up the Cable/Deadpool, Thunderbolts, and Power Pack CW tie-ins'.

Ya dig?