Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spidey once handled Juggy, just so you all know.

AmazingSpider-Man229.jpg

I think it took Parker guts to do what he finally did, but he is kinda a sellout up there, badmouthing cap and shit.

Thunderbolts helped shed some light on Tony's master genuis idea, i think...its piecing together. Mark my words: most defining Iron Man moments since he was a drunk, right here.

I've been reading some of this tie in books and all I have to say is damn.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Yeah, that cover is pretty telling of what we all saw comin.

Jax - there's not much out past # 2 yet, far as i know...i think bishop said Civil War: Frontline # 2 mighta been out, i just got the current issue of :boink: which is his story of him hunting down Nitro, its good so far...that torrent i posted is pretty up to date otherwise.

Bull-fuckin' shit. In regards to your spoiler there? I spot at least two parties with prior knowledge, one other that could be hired by one've the richer parties, and whoever's holding that gat's prolly just a hired gun too. That scene could've taken place two years ago.

Tis nicely illustrated though.

But seriously, are you people starting to see my point about Parker & his ID? THIS is what people see as worst-case, but it's could've already happened, and aside from that, it happened just about to the letter in Knights Spiderman #12. Did Zatanna mind-wipe you kids or somethin'?

Wait, i remember the run, but i dont remember his name gettin out there, mebbe just his face or somethin? anyway, that was an elseworlds story or smething, just like, uh, Trouble

A random thug gettin your identity can go bad, like, say, DD in Born Again. But id say its a differnet thing entirely to unmask yourself on national TV...everyone knows where you and your family are, and its not like they dont go outside once in a while.

Think of the money alone Peter's caused Kingpin or Osborn to lose, these guys've killed for far less.

Anyway, it was a bold move, and i respect the book for doin it, but its hard not to see Peter as a tool for it. Good call on the knowing parties, anyway...how the fuck is Venom alive, again?

New Scorpion remember?

A better cover would've been someone horribly bad-arsed hold a gun to Aunt May's head tied to a chair or somethin'. Unmasked Spidey facing insurmountable odds is done to death, even by Millar standards.

Did you read the first 12 issues of Knights Spiderman?

I did, i forgot those details, youre right - i just left off thinking Scorpion shook the Venom suit, i could be wrong tho. I forget much of it, except for shit like Pete falling out the hostpial window from the vulture and badass shit like that....remind me how Scrop got his original suit off again?

i agree with you in theory, but you gotta admit, its a good cover and it has all the power players (im lookin at 2 in the upcoming spidey flick, and 1 from the DD one), and whereas you & i both know the cover's not often what's in the issue (see: "Ultimate Spider-Man # 24: spidey on a flagpole, aka the one with Aunt May at the therapist the whole issue", or you know, that dicktease Cap Annual # 8 or so - you damn well know the cover - but its not what happens at all...)

In any event? i cant name you a time I read Parker trying to survive a/the Goblin (so tired of this guy), Venom, and fucking Bullseye, who's really stepped it up in recent years as far as lethalness - he's still got the adamantium, and only DD gets to punk him.

So, at worst, if that's the actual fight, i reckon its a good one, and makes spidey think about what happens when fucks like Bullseye come to your house whne they know youre not there....welcome to Murdock's world, Spidey.

I say the supervillians are less of a concern. I've been saying what Cowboy has to my friends for a while now. I think his concern should be more some punk that he took in a year ago is now getting out of jail, and sees aunt may out getting some tea and decides he wants revenge.

I'm still hoping this series turns around soon, as I'm still fairly 'meh' about it. However I do have to say:

Spoiler for Amazing Spidey:

I'm with Bishop on this one. Main concern with Spidey is his loved ones. MJ can pack heat, & she's fought off Venom with a camera flash before( :) ) but Aunt May's one good 'OOGA-BOOGA' from the grave, which I could see as a pheasable long-term repercussion of this. Good way to renounce the 'Parker coming out of the closet' arc & teach the little bastard a lesson for taking candy(or technologicaly experimental suits, whatever the case may be) from moustachio'd sugar daddies.

I'm with Bishop on this one. Main concern with Spidey is his loved ones. MJ can pack heat, & she's fought off Venom with a camera flash before( :) ) but Aunt May's one good 'OOGA-BOOGA' from the grave, which I could see as a pheasable long-term repercussion of this. Good way to renounce the 'Parker coming out of the closet' arc & teach the little bastard a lesson for taking candy(or technologicaly experimental suits, whatever the case may be) from moustachio'd sugar daddies.

So she'll die. She'll only come back again. She died in #400 already. Rule #1 of comics: Things always go back to the way they were. He will go back to his old costume, his identity will somehow become secret again and all the heroes will be allowed to surface again.

This is my prediction(not that I pretend to be an authority, I figure it'll be cool to say I toldja so If I'm right): This whole arc will end with meta-registration being approved & there's fuck-all a few undergrounders are gonna be able to do about it. With Winter Soldier squared away, this'll help sell more Cap titles & god knows what else(to enforce my post first, research later policy I'll go Wiki this later, but I guarantee you the heroes against rego are floundering or burgoening titles that Joey wants to move more of). Yes, Aunt May will die as a result because if Wolvy isn't at the epicentre, Spidey is, so he'll be the one to stand most affected(espech with S3 coming next summer). Whether she comes back is at creator's discretion, but I reckon we all agree it'll be in poor taste.

Registration'll last a year or so, in the meantime Marvel'll resolve House of M(I saw in New Avengers they were dealing with the 'Mutant energy' situation. Anyone got a resolution on that?) & draw this out to be the next big event where a huge underground resistance will suddenly come to the fore, reason will conquer all, and S.H.I.E.L.D & the U.S Gov't will throw this silly registration bill out the window 'cause Cap promises he'll keep fledgling heroes & vigilantes alike outta the press off the streets.

On the other hand, Skeeter, I hear you say, won't the death of Spiderman's Aunt May, the supposed epicentre of this event make the pro-registration arguement realise the greater toll on innocent life by revealing vulnerable targets for those oh-so pompous heroes? And to you I say SHUT THE FUCK UP! No, I dunno. I'm so horribly used to arguing with myself I could sit here tossing pros & cons at myself all day long. Disregarding this paragraph, that's my prediction for Marvel Civil War.

MC2.

But it's something they may pick up downa track. God knows it was used once by osbourne when they reintroduced Aunt May, the whole 'I have your May' thing, sure they alluded to more'n just an old bitch, even remember one panel theyt were saying she needed a daiper change.

I'm still hoping this series turns around soon, as I'm still fairly 'meh' about it.

Youre meh about everything, you picky whore!

By the way, even when tied into a really cool overall story arch, She-Hulk is still boring as fuck to read.

Eh, i havnet read volume 2 (current one) yet but vol. 1 was funny, its supposed to be a comedy book but taht one issue ddint look very funny.

Rule #1 of comics: Things always go back to the way they were. He will go back to his old costume, his identity will somehow become secret again and all the heroes will be allowed to surface again.

Man, you gotta read some Vertigo shit one day.

and rule # 1 is only "they go back the way they were when the writer/fans wants that". there's been status quo changes that stuck, and a few folks have managed to stay dead...but not many.

I guess Spidey could somehow go back to a secret ID but i dont immediately see how, and its a bit of a cop-out at this point.

Aunt May is the easy pick for death, but Quesada's been goin on about how he thinks the MJ marriage holds Peter back as a charcter, so...you never know.

This is my prediction(not that I pretend to be an authority, I figure it'll be cool to say I toldja so If I'm right): This whole arc will end with meta-registration being approved & there's fuck-all a few undergrounders are gonna be able to do about it. With Winter Soldier squared away, this'll help sell more Cap titles & god knows what else(to enforce my post first, research later policy I'll go Wiki this later, but I guarantee you the heroes against rego are floundering or burgoening titles that Joey wants to move more of).

Yeah... i mean, again, Stark's finally gettin some more character, and Cap's cooler than ever as a resistance leader, plus residual bad blood with Avengers oughta make for some good readin down the road.

I also predict a return/mish-mash of the old and new Avangers, by the end of this arc: i.e., some Vision, mebbe some Hakweye, definley some Thor, with Spider-Woman, mebbe Luke Cage, Ronin, whoever else Bendis cant fit elsewhere.

And youre right, Q wants to springboard at least 3 new titles ive heard of - he said a few people hang up the cape cause of all this, but im expecting mroe folks to come back and try somethin new...lookit what Bendis is doin with Carol Danvers these days.

Yes, Aunt May will die as a result because if Wolvy isn't at the epicentre, Spidey is, so he'll be the one to stand most affected(espech with S3 coming next summer). Whether she comes back is at creator's discretion, but I reckon we all agree it'll be in poor taste.

Mebbe. Remember, she stayed dead till about when JMS came on and said he wanted a supporting cast (tho she was back by the time he came on, its just my theory), and Spidey's got enough status quo changes with, uh, his new "powers", whatever post-The other direction they had in mind, his "outing" and such. I agree that he's flagship shit since this isnt :) 's show, but again, im gonna take the off bet that MJ is also fair grounds to bump off.

I saw in New Avengers they were dealing with the 'Mutant energy' situation. Anyone got a resolution on that?)

posted a review in Comic Journal thread...eh.

and you could be right about the registartion's end, its too earlyf or me to make a call on that.

Back when Aunt May was still dead, before, Peter and MJ had a daughter they named May that was "taken," what ever happened to her?

yeah, MC2. I think they asked Joe Q (marvel head editor) bout this recently, he bascially called it a dead plot line, especially given his angle of wanting Peter single and unattacthed, being interesting again.

Youre meh about everything, you picky whore!

Excuse me for having standards. I'll try to refrain in the future. I'll be sure to gush over the supremely medicore in the future. :)

Daredevil was good, Walking Dead was good, Gotham Central was good, Ultimates was good. This is nowhere NEAR those ones.

ah man, this isnt medicority...you wait, its gonna be great by its end. House of M turned into house of meh by the end, granted, but this one will deliver! or...im done with events for a while.

and comparing to those 4 series is..almost unfair, certainly from a big event with multiple writers & artists. but i see your point.

Im gonna try to read frontline 2 tonight.

Skeet's was talking about the series focusing on Spidey since SM3 is coming out in May 07, but hat does MArvel really care about building up? Why, the character that's starring in their first Marvel Studios film, Iron Man. They are using Civil War, an event hat uses all of Marvel's character, and hopefully brings in all of MArvel's fans, to row more interest and fandom around Iron Man, how'd been disproportionatily central to the story relative to his popularity. Marvel has seen many of it's character coem to the big screen int he past few years, and know that Iron will be made by their studio, meaning they stand to make more (or lose more) their hoping Iron Man makes the Spider-Man/X-Men money, not Daredevil/Hulk/Fantastic Four money, and god forbid Elektra money. Speaking of which, is Ghost Rider even registering any life at all on the summer hype meter?

...alright, so, as of the sidestory in Frontline # 2 ("The Program"), there's more goin on here than just the civil war feud and reigstration act; Tony & Reed have some project (i forget the #) that's supposed to be some genius holding cell for non-registered kid and villians alike, i think, but there's clearly more to it than that - last month's FF has Reed hiding the details from Sue.

But this issue....