Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, well this is gonna be a big event, with some history, but if its anything like House of M, youll be able to read just the core title itself and get the story, and enjoy it.

for arch:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Edited by Iambaytor

Well first up, who even writes Toxin? Secondly everyone knows the Venom symbiote isn't going to stay on Mac Gargan, and that whole mess is noone's fault but Mark Millar's. Sure, Carnage is dead, but what a way to go!! Anyways, symbiotes are taffy, so while Cletus is gone, the symbiote will surely pop up again.

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Edited by Iambaytor

Wasnt Toxin by Milligan? I remember symbiotes bein cooler as a kid...finally read Ellis' twisted "Carnage: Mindbomb" and the other one-shot, was kinda let down. He's too 1-dimensional these days.

Cant speak for Brock, but were all assuming Carnage is dead...anyone else see when Sentry ripped him in space? Cant recall who pointed this out, but...go back and look at the panel, and tell me where Cletus is. Its a trick he's pulled before, mind you.

PS bendis' raping is the best thing that's happened to Marvel in like forever, if even just for Daredevil.

Edited by Iambaytor

Shit that sounds like cool beans! Which What if? was it? Don't forget the Silver Surfer Carnage that somehow was beaten by Spiderman. Nor the fact that Symbiotes retain memories & attitudes(Venom, anyone?) so I've no concerns Carnage will be back with a greater bloodlust than before.

Edited by Iambaytor

wait...bendis didnt kill Thor, as i recall, didnt Oeming? And Hawkeye's clearly waitin for his comeback, a la House of M's ending...and i dont even buy Carnage's death since i dindt see Cassidy. Youre 0 for 3 there man, you gotta at least pick Ant Man or somethin. Fuck, even Vision's back.

Edited by Iambaytor

i forget, panch should field that one...i remember asking the exact same thing. I think Millar said something briefly bout it in MK spidey, but i forget what it was, come to think of it. That was a big part of his charcter, as i recall.

i wish more folks stayed dead. if theyre gonna come back, it should be up to Whedon or Brubaker or someone to handle it.

Oh, and Pete is Tony's ho till Civil War ends or at least somewhere into that, Tony really helped his ass out at the end of "The Other" and got him to pinky-swear that theyre BFF.

but on the event itself:

MCW002a_dc.jpg

MARVEL DEBUTS CIVIL WAR TRAILER ONLINE

Taking its Civil War trailer (which debuted at the New York Comic-Con) online, Marvel has posted the trailer on its website.

The trailer (reportedly the first of many to come from the publisher) features artwork from the first issue of Civil War

The first bricks on the Road to Civil War have been laid. While the air in the Marvel U grows tense, you can get a spine-tingling feel for what to expect out of this momentous and groundbreaking Civil War on marvel.com. In this trailer, see the division of heroes, the teams that are broken, the sides that are taken, and the fateful battle that will wreak havoc on the Marvel Universe.

Loaded with the talent of the likes of Mark Millar and Steve McNiven's the eruption of Civil War is sure to grab you by the scruff of your neck and not let go. So check out the trailer, and prepare yourself for the tremendous earth-shattering events that are bound to change the Marvel U forever.

The trailer can be found here.

Edited by Iambaytor

Edited by Iambaytor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I cant wait to download this and check it out...Civil War video prequel

Civil War #1 is less than one week away. You will need to decide: whose side are you on? Are you ready? The opening shot is being fired! Marvel wants to make sure you have all of the facts and have been exposed to all of the events leading up to this monumental event. Check out this video prequel that catches everyone up on the events of the last two years. Events that have haunted the heroes. Events that have turned the tide of public opinion. Events that have rocked the Marvel Universe to its core, leaving it vulnerable… to war!