Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

... The fuck?! Good christ i wanna know how that's gonna be reversed.

I hope they don't reverse this one, it's about time actions in Marvel comics had consequences. There's still another couple of spiderman titles (definatley in the Ultimates range) where Spidey remains unmasked. The continuity bullshit and the complete unwillingness to create stories with a beginning middle and end is why I don't read the vast majority of mainstream superhero comics.

Who drew that image, it looks like vintage Steve Dillon, back in the 2000AD/ earlier Preacher days when he actually made an effort.

In other news, someone called cncoyle on the Newsarama boards seems to have copied the contents of my brain and pasted it into his post, thus saving me the trouble of typing it.

It's always befuddled me (yes, befuddled) how the people of the Marvel Universe hate mutants for being born with powers, yet love "freak accident"ally-powered individuals like the Fantastic Four or even magical/godlike beings like Thor or Hercules.

For me at least, the X-Men work best in their own separate universe, where they aren't overshadowed by the FF or Captain America.

Which is actually all my brain contains right now.

Tis an odd one innit? Something I've pondered for a while, best conclusion I've been able to come by is this: The average Joe'll resent a mutie 'cause their 'luck' is a bithright. You've gotta have that X-gene making it a very genetically exclusive club, whereas everyone else gives us hope. We too can be bitten by a radioactive Spider, or be bombarded with Cosmic radiation or selected as a guinee pig for any number of Gov't experiments. What I don't buy into is Alien or Robot love. By my rationale, and by common sense, the public should still resent figures like the Vision or Cap't Marvel(he walks a slippery slope anyway) but thewy don't seem to.

Tis an odd one innit? Something I've pondered for a while, best conclusion I've been able to come by is this: The average Joe'll resent a mutie 'cause their 'luck' is a bithright. You've gotta have that X-gene making it a very genetically exclusive club, whereas everyone else gives us hope.

That's one theory, another is that the creators of those characters Stan Lee was making things up as he went along and was more concerned about crossover dollars and cash flow than continuity.

Well with contempory efforts to clean up continuity & make things more realistic, that's neither here nor there is it? Good for the creators if their fans wanna do their work for 'em. He didn't take a lot've it on board but it still worked in theory for George Lucas.

Anyone read Thunderbolts?

Okay, stupid question, nobody reads Thunderbolts.

Anyone read Thunderbolts 'cause it had a big stinkin' "CIVIL WAR" banner across the bottom of the cover.

If not....

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This is better than Secret War, and it doesn't take 6 years to complete.

Good point. Arch, others - you fucking let 2T spoil it, you fucks! dammit, i put tags for nothin'.

And thats Civil War # 2, just came out. You people caught up? I found a torrent with the issues of Amazing Spidey lead-in, plus Front Line # 1 (Stark's sidestory, kinda) and # 2, right here people, get it while its hot & seeded:

Civil War: the story thus far (torrent - 13 files, 191 MB)

includes:

AMAZING SPIDERMAN 529

NEW AVENGERS ILLUMINATI 1

AMAZING SPIDERMAN 530

FANTASTIC FOUR 536

AMAZING SPIDERMAN 531

FANTASTIC FOUR 537

CIVIL WAR 1 (with all 3 covers)

AMAZING SPIDERMAN 532

CIVIL WAR FRONTLINE 1

SHE-HULK 8

WOLVERINE 42

THUNDERBOLTS 103

CIVIL WAR 2

Also some various extras, checklist, 2nd and 3rd printings covers, etc etc etc

That's eveyrthing, in order, too! Even the side-shit's been awesome. Ive read it all but Thunderbolts, which on 2T's say, im gonna read tonight. Anyway, enjoy!

really? crap....ok, here's the deal then.

go here, then, and when it prompts you to login, use:

Username: Irish Cowboy

pass: hondosbar

im trusting you guys to use it just for this tho, i dont wanna abuse the place or their forums for other shit...if youre gonna frequent there, just sign up and post like 5-10 times on their forum and youll have all the access you need.

Anyway, that page i linked, halfway down is the torrent i mentioend above - just get on that and youre good to go, lotta great books right there. Arch & any others intersted, lemme know if it works, ill figure it out if not.

No worries...this page is for bootlegging comics (where to go, which is mainly Z cult), this page is about bittorenting.

Mainly, you just gotta google Azurues (i think you can get it here), its not the only bittorent client/program but its the one i use and its pretty good. Shadow's easier, for the time being, if you like....if you still cant figure em out (mainly just configure it, then let it run, nothing really works till it downloads 100% anyway), next time youre over ill show you the steps, its not complicated tho.

Fuck, the people that matter know who Spiderman is anyway, so he can shut his faggoty mouth, learn to keep his mask on & wait for Brett Ratner to lure Sam Raimi away for a new Rocketman movie or something so he can turk another great Marvel property. The other thing with Spiderman, since he's always been the arch-typical posterchild for clinging to one's secret identity is with better money & government coverage, sure everyone knows about Spiderman's Aunt May now, but she's 1)Better protected and 2) It takes any real threat away from any villian with Spidey's ID. I'll bet my Ozzy Osbourne Jack-inna-Box the only reason Norman Osbourne or whoever goes after Spidey's Fam is cause it's something only he can do on account of his privelidged insight. Take that power away, and for the most part you really do have to be truely evil(or albeit desperate, which a lot've his gallery is) to go after someone's frail Aunt for giving you a beat-down. Mosta Spidey's villians are just gaudily-dressed meatballs wanting to be king of the fudge-hill. Parker really will be better off in the long run if he just surrenders his identity to the government.

That's all fine and dandy and yes Norman Osbourne (reformed for this indefinate time period), Venom (Eddie might be dead, we dont know), and a few others all of which are pretty much MIA for the time being know his secret identity. But if it becomes public he's Peter Parker, then he's gonna have fuckers like Big Wheel, Sineater, and the Spot fucking around with Aunt May and Mary Jane. And even if the government gives him protection (I doubt it since he's regarded as a villian in New York City) what happens when someone like Morlun or the Juggernaut comes along (he'll be back someday goddamn it!) and the government is pretty unable to stop them. This is all not to mention that Parker would lose his job the second that Jonah finds out, and he WILL find out.

Yeah but if all my years of reading comics has taught me anything it's that villains are always villains and allegiences dont last. Juggernaut doesnt have as much of cyttorak's power when he's good, in other words, eventually he's gonna hunger to be the unstoppable force again and go back. Because heroic Juggernaut sucks, he's just a really big guy.

I'ma Wiki this shit & get back to yeh's on that'un. B, as Arch pointed out Spidey's Tony Stark's personal poo-scooper now, meaning he's on(at least what I regard for the meantime) the winning side- meaning a government paycheck(he can tell Jonah where to file those freelance cheques) and probably the CIA at his disposal or somesuch for protection of his loved ones.

Herre's a pickle though: The Gov't is asking all metas to unmask & work for uncle Sam & there's no doubt gonna be plenty of other kids in Parker's position- Young wannabees & even villians that'll be seen as turncoats. How's the government gonna provide that much protection? Downa track they're obviously gonna have to say 'y'know what? Protection is no longer our business.' I'm not supposing it'd be beneath the Marvel Gov to fuck it's employees like that. I guess there's room for cross-polination. Get say, Mach-1 to watch Spidey's family, Spidey to watch IM's whatevers, IM to watch Luke Cage's family, Luke Cage to-- etc, etc. Thing there is how many heroes are gonna be left to actually work?

Second to that, a big concern is the greater appeal to become a meta. Instant career, government benefits, not to mention more power than the average bear. Tell me kids & adults alike won't near kill-themselves trynna get powers(which has never really come up surprisingly). If Millar's a good writer(& I know he is) these are the anti-registration arguements he'll use. If they're all in CW #2, the egg's on my face as I'll seem like a hack, but I've gone off nothing but #1 & my own need to play my own devil's advocate mosta the time.

Okay, so having read from the gospel of Wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut_%28comics%29

Juggernaut's apparently back at full power. Without an explaination tho, I wouldn't get my hopes up Baytor. 'Sides, Juggernaut & Spidey've crossed pathes twice, & both times Juggernaut really didn't give a toss about Spidey, just wanted to get on with his criminal activities & get home for Dawson's Creek.