Hondo's Bar

Blizzard Has Lost it's Collective Mind

archangel

Dear Blizzard,

In anticipation to the expansion to World of Warcraft, you've been letting out bits and pieces to sate the public's apetite, and so far, we've been very pleased.

Until this weekend, where we found this

...have you completely lost your senses? Did your staff all simultaneously suffer severe head trauma? This is the most rediculous thing I've ever seen. Not only does it go against the very nature of the two races, but it completely detracts from one of the unique qualities of the two factions. What 12 year old did you hire to make this boneheaded decision! You might as well allow Night Elves to become Mages and Warlocks, because it makes as much sense as what you've just decided.

You guys should all get the clap.

Hugs and Kisses,

Joel

How?

The entire concept of the Blood Elves is that they forsook The Light and started sapping away demonic energies to replace the Sunwell, while the Dranei turned to The Light after they ran away (this is, of course, after you ignore the fact that the writers of this have been watching WAY too much Stargate SG1).

The only thing that could possibly pass is the Dranei shaman...but even then, by their own changing of Warcraft Lore, they are worshipers of The Light now...and yet they become Shamans? And the Evil, Demon sucking, power hungry Blood Elves become....Paragons of Good?

WTF? HOW does this make any sense?

Well shortly after finishing Diablo 2 and Starcraft expansions they started on WarCraft 3, that took what, 7 years? Then once WarCraft 3 was on shelves it was all about the Frozen Throne, then on to World of Warcraft with a brief period of on again off again about StarCraft ghost and the re-release of Lost Vikings, Rock N Roll Racing, and Blackthorne, so I ask you when the fuck will we see Diablo 3 or more importantly StarCraft 2, not fucking StarCraft Ghost, not fucking StarCraft Adventure, not a patch, StarCraft fucking 2!

WoW isn't going anywhere it is their current license to print money, I mean what is it 6,000,000 subscribers worldwide at around $15 a month, cha fucking ching.

Still I'm with all of you in that I would like something OTHER than Warcraft. Starcraft and Diablo for favor.

Still most of their work is currently going into the upcoming expansion, so it will be a few years at least until we get something else. It's a shame I wasn't able to get into WoW more, but I dunno, I just get bored with MMOs after a few months, especially once I realize that there are OTHER games out there.

Archived