Hondo's Bar

Mike's Real Pro Wrestling Invite!

APANCHALYPSE FOREVER

this is seriously awesome that he found/pulled this off. tell him he's got my/our full support round here, we'll show love anyway we can.

Im just really glad he's doing this now instead of easing into coaching alone, when there's time for that later....i hope he makes a shit-ton offa this somehow and gets himself set up.

Cool, but Pro Wrestling is the "fake" kind (it may come with a script but that doesn't make any less difficult or dangerous). The "real" type of wrestling is just that: wrestling. It needs no extra words to differentiate it.

Congratulations to him, sorry about the mini-rant.

Fuck, did I just post in the sports forum? :)

Im just really glad he's doing this now instead of easing into coaching alone, when there's time for that later....i hope he makes a shit-ton offa this somehow and gets himself set up.

Well, he was in training for the Olympics( after much pressure from Mr. Rio) - which I think is a great opportunity nonetheless...I mean look at Kara - we all admire her participation and she's very proud of herself as well, I'm sure. I think he should still continue the Olympics path, but this opportunity is pretty awesome too. Hopefully he can acomplish both without the two coinciding. Good Luck Mike!!!!

Cool, but Pro Wrestling is the "fake" kind (it may come with a script but that doesn't make any less difficult or dangerous). The "real" type of wrestling is just that: wrestling. It needs no extra words to differentiate it.

Fuck, did I just post in the sports forum? :2T:

It does need an extra word. I've wrestled in summer camp and middle school before, but I never made a living doing it. Hence, it's a professional league, people who wrestle as a career are professional (pro) wrestlers. Since the fake variety use the name pro wrestling, it is necesary to make a distinction, but there's a difference between wrestling and wrestling professionally.

Is wrestlign like Cycling or NASCAR in that wrestlers get sponsers for their jerseys? Hondo's Bar presents...Mikey Donut! But from a distance, we'd just be paying to advertise for Harley Davidson. :???:

You're right "Pro" Wrestling IS the fake kind, but you're missing a word... REAL! The league is called the REAL Pro Wrestling league! It's designed like the NFL, NBA, and MLB! They're trying to take olympic wrestling to another level by creating teams that represent american cities! Like the Miami Dolphins in the NFL or whatever!

It's designed like the NFL, NBA, and MLB! They're trying to take olympic wrestling to another level by creating teams that represent american cities! Like the Miami Dolphins in the NFL or whatever!

See, I don't see the point of creating teams for a sport that doesn't involve any teamwork. It couldn't be like other team sports where people need to work well as a team to win. This would literlaly be a group of individual athletes. Doesn't it make more sense to structure it like tennis or golf, with individuals competing?

There is teamwork! 14 wrestlers make up each team in their coresponding weight classes! The two teams face-off and with each individual win the team gets overall points (different points are awarded depending on how you win the match: i.e. pin, by points, whatever)! The team with the most points at the end of it all is the winnah (duh)!

That's not a team, that's a group. In football, a reciever isn't worth jack shit without a good quaterback, who can't do his job without good blockers. There's a team dynamic. This would just be point score grouped together. Until you have 28 wrestlers on the mat at the same time, and anyone from one team can start wrestling anyone from the otehr team, it's not a team sport.

Sounds pretty awesome Panch! Shit, I see all these pics of Mike all over the early gatherings & I never realised he was your brother!

Yup, he's my LITTLE brother (he's taller than me) and I'm proud as hell of him! He posted maybe once on here as Super Donut (he's not into this stuff... he's not the brightest crayon in the box)! Hence being good at wrestling!

haha...true.

man, i hope Donut shows up again one day to see Panch call him a meathead. he'll sass him good with something clever like "...your mom!"

Im just glad Superman debunked Master of Disguise or whatever as his favorite flick.

• 2 weeks later...
haha...true.

man, i hope Donut shows up again one day to see Panch call him a meathead. he'll sass him good with something clever like "...your mom!"

Im just glad Superman debunked Master of Disguise or whatever as his favorite flick.

Is that the original or the remake?

• 2 months later...

Archived