Hondo's Bar

RRRRRRAMMSTEIN!

MetalHeart

I thought there was already a thread for Rammstein, but to my horrorealization, THERE WASN'T!

So here it is.

(majority of the info taken from Herzeleid.com. Rammstein.com, and rammstein_pimp on LJ)

78.jpg

Who is Rammstein?

Rammsteinis.jpg

The Story:

Rammstein was started by Richard Z. Kruspe-Bernstein. In 1989 he escaped from East Germany over the border between Austria and Hungary. He eventually ended up in West Berlin and started a band in 1993 (Orgasm Death Gimmicks). At that time he was very influenced by American music. After the wall came down, he moved back home to Schwerin where Till Lindemann worked as a basket weaver and played drums in the band First Arsch.

At this time, Richard lived with Oliver Riedel (of the band The Inchtabokatables) and Christoph Doom Schneider (of Die Firma). Richard realized that the music he had previously made was not right for him. He envisioned something with machines and hard guitars together. The three started working together on a new project.

Richard soon found it hard to write music and lyrics at the same time. He got Till to join them as he had often heard him singing while working. A contest for new bands was announced and the prize was studio time. The four of them recorded the first Rammstein demo and won. Paul Landers knew them all and wanted to know what they were doing. After listening, he agreed to join. At this point, all they needed for the machine-sound was a keyboarder. They tried to get Christian "Flake" Lorenz to join, as he had played with Paul before in the band Feeling B. Flake was not entirely thrilled with the idea at first and didn't want to join for a long time. But, he eventually agreed.

About the time the band was formed, they all had relationship problems which provided the foundation for their debut album Herzeleid (Heartache) in 1995. Since then, they have reached gold and platinum status for their music and have become Germany's number one music export.

The Name:

Three Italian air force jets collided on August 28, 1988 at an air show at the US airbase in Ramstein, Germany. About 40 spectators died in the first minutes and several hundred were injured. In the next two months, the death toll rose to 69. In short, it was a disaster.

The name was all over the media at the time and just got stuck in their heads. They changed it from Ramstein (with one M) to Rammstein (with two). It is not a real German word, but literally means "Ram-stone". They chose it to provoke and because the meaning seemed to fit their music. Their first song, "Rammstein" was about this tragedy.

Rammstein is about to release something I want very badly. No, not their Sea Men!

VOELKERBALL!!!!!!!!!!

open_voelkerball.gif

[click the picture to go to the Voelkerball site. To view the preview, enter the password 'weltweit' (worldwide).]

extra thanks to the LJ community rammstein_pimp for keeping me informed on all the awesome Rammstein-ness!

Standard Edition: 1 DVD 140 min Live Concert + 1 CD 75 min audio concert footage

Special Edition: 1 DVD 140 min Live Concert + 1 DVD documentaries 90 min + 1 CD 75 min audio concert footage

Limited Edition: 190 page tour photo book, including all contents of Special Edition + an additional live audio CD!

CLICK HERE for international release dates (excl. USA & Japan)

I'm prolly going to order this online the SECOND it comes out! (And the SECOND I get monies for it). Man. I have too much shit I want building up haha.

So. I know there are quite a few Rammstein Fans on here! Show your love!

It's definitely time to start my yearly raid on the imports it seems. I haven't done enough in that field this year...looks like I'll have to save some cash for the great RRRRRRRRAMMSTEIN DVD when it comes out.

Who else is going for the "Limited Edition"?

Limited Edition: 190 page tour photo book, including all contents of Special Edition + an additional live audio CD!

More info and tracklist on the Limited Edition:

Review-

With fan expectation approaching boiling point, Rammstein finally unveil "Volkerball" ( in five different formats ! ) to the delight of their fans everywhere...Keeping with Rammstein's enduring policy of only delivering the best, this Deluxe release includes live CD's, live DVD's, Documentary footage ( presented in both CD and DVD packaging ) and in the case of the limited 'Picture Book' Edition a stunning 190 page glossy book ( measuring 27cm x 31cm's ) packed with wonderful live highlights, behind the scene photographs and much, much more...

Please Note : This is the Limited Edition 2CD + 2DVD + Book, 'Picture Book' Version of the new Rammstein Release "Volkerball". This version comes presented in special packaging.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Format

2CD+2DVD+Book

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tracklisting

Disc 1 ( CD1 ) :-

01. Intro

02. Reise, Reise

03. Links 2, 3, 4

04. Keine Lust

05. Feuer Frei

06. Asche Zu Asche

07. Morgenstern

08. Mein Teil

09. Stein Um Stein

10. Los

Disc 2 ( CD2 ) :-

01. Du Riechst So Gut

02. Benzin

03. Du Hast

04. Sehnsucht

05. Amerika

06. Rammstein

07. Sonne

08. Ich Will

09. Ohne Dich

10. Stripped

11. Engel

Disc 3 ( DVD 1 ) :-

01. Reise, Reise

02. Links 2, 3, 4

03. Keine Lust

04. Feuer Frei

05. Asche Zu Asche

06. Morgenstern

07. Mein Teil

08. Stein Um Stein

09. Los

10. Du Riechst So Gut

11. Benzin

12. Du Hast

13. Sehnsucht

14. Amerika

15. Rammstein

16. Sonne

17. Ich Will

18. Ohne Dich

19. Stripped

Disc 4 ( DVD 2 ) :-

01. Anakonda Im Netz ( Rammstien Documentary )

02. Making Of The Album "Reise, Reise"

Rammstein are most definitely the ultimate in German - no European - metal.

Its a lotta fun blaring their music on the bus on my mp3 player. People hear the german lyrics and i get strange looks. God people can be so ignorant....

what makes you say they're giving you strange looks, you're making assumption about other peoples assumptions.

Taken from LJ:

R+'s plans for 2007/2008

Thanks to a poster on Herzie:

"In the new METAL HAMMER magazine (http://www.metal-hammer.de/Inhalt.html) there is an interview with Emanuel Filiak about Völkerball and Rammsteins plans for the next year.

He said that they want to do the South-America-tour (which was delayed some time ago) in 2007 and that they are invited to some festivals in europe next year.

The band will meet in january to plan all this in detail and also talk about a complete new europa-tour.

Filiak said they will start recording the new studio album in 2007 and will release it in 2008."

(You might remember that the South American dates were the ones cancelled when Flake got the mumps last year (the Asian gigs were cancelled because of Till's knee injury).)

For the life of me I can't remember where, but I think I read/heard from at least two different sources that a World Tour was in the works for 2007? USA included?? I hope it wasn't my mind tricking me again!! I HOPE THEY COME TO AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. If they don't I guess I'll just have to go to them! YAR!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
So, It's a distant dream now that I get the Limited Edition Voelkerball. :( The first batch sold out all in presales, and when they released it a second time I didn't have the money to get it... farts!

So over six months later, guess what...

They released Voelkerball in the US!! and on Amazon I have already purchased and received today the LIMITED EDITION for a grand total including s&h of.......... drumroll please.

$30.00.

Fuck. Yeah. Man.

So awesome!!! I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

A lot of people on the LJ Rammstein community had pre-ordered the German Limited Edition, and purchased German DVD players just to watch the discs. I feel bad for them right now, but then I'm gloating in my awesome "OMFG I TOTALLY HAVE THIS SHIT!!" Because I never believed I would ever get this. Ever. <3 eeee!!PS you should totally get on Amazon and get it!! Hurry! <3

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Alright, the highly anticipated new album is being released in October, and their first single is.....

PUSSY.

Got this in my email today:

1st SINGLE "PUSSY"

"So take me now, oh don’t you see I can’t get laid in Germany..."

After four years of studio-abstinence, the first single of the new album is coming out September 18th! PUSSY! Carried by a gigantic wave of testosterone, Rammstein unsheathes its sword and presents what makes man an animal. So start your engines. With pedal to the metal on the Autobahn of German clichés, where homage is paid to the hand-to-hand battle between the sexes with words like Bratwurst, Blitzkrieg, and Mercedes-Benz... to destinations abroad, past Heidi with her burgers and away from the German Fräuleinwunder. There, pleasure lurks like a yawning abyss...

The single is appearing as a 2-track Digipack with the song "Rammlied" as B-side.

And look forward to a new video from Jonas Åkerlund, celebrating its premiere September 16th, 10 pm at

www.visit-x.net/rammstein!

The new album appears in October, but more about that soon.

The email also contained this SUPER SAUCY picture. NSFW, but totally safe for your heart-on

1252144946.jpg

Archived