Hondo's Bar

National Foods

Senshik

You irish peoples are forgetting one of our most traditional dishes: Coddle aka Irish Stew!

Its basically potatoes, skinless white sausages, onions, carrots, bits of bacon and the optional stock cube for flavour all boiled like hell for about an hour. There are so many variations of this. For instance you put all the ingredients in potato and leek soup - my personal favourite.

it harks back to a time when food was scarce theyd just throw any leftovers they could find into a pot and boil the shit out of it.

• 1 month later...

This is a popular hispanic dessert made with Peruvian SPICES! It has a deliciously hot (not like Tabasco!!) taste also good as an aphrodisiac--In Peru (as well as Mexico and Guatemala) our spices tend to be hot and the chemicals in your body will react accordingly! depending on which spice you use in you dishes, you may ignite some sort of passion--good or bad!

Pretty exciting, huh??

CHEESE FLAN WITH AJI (spicy/hot) AND CHEESE SAUCE

Ingredients :

3 ½ cups (2 - 14 oz cans) undiluted evaporated milk

1 cup grated parmesan cheese

6 eggs, slightly beaten

1 cup heavy cream

Salt

White Pepper

Sauce: 3 ½ oz (100 g) melting cheese

2 tablespoons tomato paste

2 tablespoons sundried red chili paste

1 teaspoon nutmeg

Preparation:

Combine evaporated milk with parmesan cheese, eggs, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into an oiled tube pan and bake in preheated oven to 300ºF (150ºC) over hot boiling water until flan sets. Remove from oven, cool for 10 minutes and invert mold onto a serving dish.

Sauce:

Prepare sauce over hot water. Place cheese, tomato paste, chili paste and nutmeg on top of a double boiler and stir until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined. Correct seasoning. Serve sauce over flan and in a separate sauceboat.

6 servings

• 5 months later...

so yesterday I made Sheperd's Pie for dinner. Mash potatoes atop of ground beef w/ veggies.

I think I like my hispanic food better. Rice, beans, grilled meat, fried cheese, plantains, and salad.

what a meal! :2T:

I'm just teasing Nick cuz he's mad I crapped all over the dish, even if I made it. I told him maybe I would like it better if he made it or someone else... but he said what I made is pretty standard... so yeah... and for the record, it wasn't that bad, it was alright. :2T:

alright, you Irish Folks - give me traditional dishes so I can try them out!

• 1 month later...

2259001095_new-england-clam-chowder-a-recipe.jpg

Well, in the North East you get pretty standard stuff, but it is rather delicious. New England clam chowder: best when it's thick, and when it's made with bacon. Also adding a little tobasco and oyster creackers doesn't hurt a bit either.

But my favorite type of food is basically anything Asian.

ShanghaiCafe_soupdumplings_1.jpg

Tiny buns (or Shanghai soup dumplings) = BESt. THING. EVER

They are pork dumplings that are steamed, and while they are steamed, the various ingredients inside create a broth which you must sluck out of the dumpling before eating it and it is DELICIOUS!

pho_viet_beef_meatball_pho.jpg

Also, I'm pretty obsessed with Pho. It's a Vietnamese beef and noodle soup. It's served with chili peppers, limes, cilantro, basil and bean sprouts that you can add to it. It's the best sick/hangover/comfort food ever. Not to heavy, but restorative and filling. I'll post more as I think of it.

Archived