Hondo's Bar

Bonnaroo 2007

La Lindsay

Man, sorry Coachella, RATM is cool and all but Bonnaroo is gonna have the police. and david cross. i think my head's gonna explode. Bonnaroo it is.

The bonnaroo lineup:

The Police • Tool • Widespread Panic • The White Stripes • Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals • Wilco • The Flaming Lips • MANU CHAO Radio Bemba Sound System • The String Cheese Incident • Franz Ferdinand • Bob Weir & Ratdog • Damien Rice • Ween • Gov't Mule • Ziggy Marley • The Decemberists • Kings of Leon • Michael Franti & Spearhead • Wolfmother • Regina Spektor • The Black Keys • Galactic • DJ Shadow • Gillian Welch • Spoon • Keller Williams (WMD'S) • Sasha & John Digweed • STS9 • Old Crow Medicine Show • The Hold Steady • Lily Allen • North Mississippi Allstars • Fountains Of Wayne • Hot Tuna • Feist • Hot Chip • John Butler Trio • Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys • Aesop Rock • The Richard Thompson Band • Dierks Bentley • James Blood Ulmer • Xavier Rudd • Gogol Bordello • Junior Brown • Tortoise • T-Bone Burnett • Mavis Staples • Clutch • Cold War Kids • Dr. Dog • Paolo Nutini • Brazilian Girls • RX Bandits • The Nightwatchman • The Slip • Girl Talk • Railroad Earth • Martha Wainwright • Rodrigo y Gabriela • Annuals • Tea Leaf Green • Sam Roberts Band • Elvis Perkins in Dearland • Charlie Louvin • Sonya Kitchell • Mute Math • Apollo Sunshine • Uncle Earl • The National • The Little Ones • Black Angels • Ryan Shaw • Lewis Black & Friends • Dave Attell • David Cross •

the last i checked, tobias isn't going to be at coachella. and i'm not gonna pretend that i'm a fan of rage when i'm not. i think it's awesome that they're politically involved, but i'm not a lyrics person so they could be singing about pudding and monkeys and it'd be all the same to me. i was more interested in bjork and rhcp. and to see if rage would break up again during the actual concert. i don't know what it is but i have a hard time listening to lyrics. i'm more heavily oriented toward the music. it's also why i have a hard time listening to bob dylan. i think the only time i have an easy time listening to lyrics is when i've heard the song a million times or if titties are being sucked and people are having their pain fucked away.

also, nick, ivan showed me aesop rock and you might like them...they're pretty good.

• 3 months later...
The bonnaroo lineup:

The Police • Tool • Widespread Panic • The White Stripes • Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals • Wilco • The Flaming Lips • MANU CHAO Radio Bemba Sound System • The String Cheese Incident • Franz Ferdinand • Bob Weir & Ratdog • Damien Rice • Ween • Gov't Mule • Ziggy Marley • The Decemberists • Kings of Leon • Michael Franti & Spearhead • Wolfmother • Regina Spektor • The Black Keys • Galactic • DJ Shadow • Gillian Welch • Spoon • Keller Williams (WMD'S) • Sasha & John Digweed • STS9 • Old Crow Medicine Show • The Hold Steady • Lily Allen • North Mississippi Allstars • Fountains Of Wayne • Hot Tuna • Feist • Hot Chip • John Butler Trio • Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys • Aesop Rock • The Richard Thompson Band • Dierks Bentley • James Blood Ulmer • Xavier Rudd • Gogol Bordello • Junior Brown • Tortoise • T-Bone Burnett • Mavis Staples • Clutch • Cold War Kids • Dr. Dog • Paolo Nutini • Brazilian Girls • RX Bandits • The Nightwatchman • The Slip • Girl Talk • Railroad Earth • Martha Wainwright • Rodrigo y Gabriela • Annuals • Tea Leaf Green • Sam Roberts Band • Elvis Perkins in Dearland • Charlie Louvin • Sonya Kitchell • Mute Math • Apollo Sunshine • Uncle Earl • The National • The Little Ones • Black Angels • Ryan Shaw • Lewis Black & Friends • Dave Attell • David Cross •

For those that did not know, The Nightwatchman is Tom Morello. Here's his video for "Road I Must Travel"

Some good names in there!

I'm seeing The Police in Dublin in October.

Though anyone who likes trance / dance music would really enjoy Sasha & Digweed! Saw them last year at a Dance Festival (HiFi Ireland 2006 in Belvedere House) and they were awesome, much better than that over rated dutch fucker Tiesto!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back into town late last night. Good times. More than a few bands/acts that I wanted to see, but I was usually working or dead tired. Would've been on before now, but the internet cafe tent opened and closed during my shift.

Archived