Hondo's Bar

World War Hulk

The NZA

The prequel came out a few weeks back, the first issue of the run from Hulk's core book was side-story with She-Hulk wailing on Doc Samson...he's coming back with his warbound buddies and he's stronger than he's ever been. This is gonna cross over into every major book this summer...thoughts?

A taste of things to come?

Stark

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Mighty Avengers has more powerhouses than usual, between Sentry, Ares, Mrs Marvel and Wonder Man, if they can get it together.

...but Thor making it back soon would really, really help too. Plus, Cable got his power back this month, dont know if that'll tie in but he's a big player. Now, if only these teams can come together in time...which isnt about to happen....

bitch bitch bitch!

This one looks like a lotta fun, how're you so pre-emptively hateful here?! Morbius is getting his own mini that has nothing to do with this! And yes, good sir, Civil War ended, tho the entire marvel U is still under registration. Even the fallout books are more or less tied up.

Just started the Planet Hulk storyline Nick posted (damn it, the second file's corrupt or something.

Oh well, its just the part where Hulk fucking owns the Thing and the human Torch

). Looking forard to the rest of it. Has the real Nick Fury always been that much of a dick?

Wait, when did he fight Torch & Thing? He's been off planet for like a year...

and Fury, he does what he figures he gotta. Its funny that he made the call (after the Illuminati) and its them that're gonna get stomped on, of course it doesnt hurt that Fury's underground these days.

PS that image would be funnier with Reed, tho i think i saw him do that (in his mind) in the prequel issue...

Wait, when did he fight Torch & Thing? He's been off planet for like a year...

and Fury, he does what he figures he gotta. Its funny that he made the call (after the Illuminati) and its them that're gonna get stomped on, of course it doesnt hurt that Fury's underground these days.

PS that image would be funnier with Reed, tho i think i saw him do that (in his mind) in the prequel issue...

It was before he was exiled. He was at ground zero of a gamma bomb and went crazy for a bit. Human Torch and the Thing were sent to subdue him.

As for Fury, it was the bot of him that sent hulk into space. Other than the betrayal, he was being a real dick, talking shit.

see, i just remembered that fight when you mentioned it...i think that was like a year back or so. Youre gonna have to give me the specifics on Fury's dickery tho, tho he was already underground by then.

see, i just remembered that fight when you mentioned it...i think that was like a year back or so. Youre gonna have to give me the specifics on Fury's dickery tho, tho he was already underground by then.

Well, it was one of those androids they have of him, but they're supposed to act at least a little like the person they're impersonating, aren't they?

He was increadibly patrinizing and insulting towards the Hulk.

ex: No, no, if we needed someone smart, we wouldn't've called your primitive ass, would we?

(obviously not an actual quote)

yeah, i remembe that now....remember tho, Fury's been somewhat villified since Secret War so it was prolly just easy writing. honestly, i love Fury, but his writing is all over the place and only consistent these days (for me) when Ennis writes him.

Anyway, i guess im not thinking Hulk's gonna come gunning for him anytime soon since he's been fantasizing about slaying the Illuminati in particular, and again only Winter Soldier knows where to even find Fury (if that) and he's too smart to get into it with Hulk's people...i could be wrong here, i just dont see him as a potential target.

...then again, you look at the covers for any Marvel book this summer and it looks like Hulk is beating the crap out of anyone this side of Slapstick.

bitch bitch bitch!

This one looks like a lotta fun, how're you so pre-emptively hateful here?! Morbius is getting his own mini that has nothing to do with this! And yes, good sir, Civil War ended, tho the entire marvel U is still under registration. Even the fallout books are more or less tied up.

I actually wasn't bitching this time. I'm not some bag of hatred who doesn't know how to like anythng (A.K.A. Skeeter) In fact I much prefer this more lighthearted crossover to Civil War. I'm just merely pointing out that we haven't really had an solo stories in canon that are dealing with anything but Civil War.

Onto the next matter. A new Morbius series? Repent ye, for the end of days approaches! (Seriously does Marvel just forget how much he sucks ass every 5 years?)

yeah, we're gettig a few solo stories outta characters who've got 12 monthly titles ( :birf2: , :2T: ) but youre right, mebbe things'll slow down again but not till after this arc and whatever fallout they plan, cause seriously, the solicitations show it on like every book this summer.

and just because i love you too much to make these things up...

honestly, though, what do you expect? You had three major events happen without any real reconciliation (the mutant problem, the Hulk's Exile, and Civil War) all of which kinda fed into each other. You can't expect anything else until this is all settled, and Lord KNOWS what's gonna happen when Hulk gets back.

We don't even know if Stark will be alive, given how many people want his ass dead :coughBUCKYcough:

ah, so you're reading cap, i see!

Stark's not stupid, he'll make it but youre right that he's got a lot of people after him soon enough. Like i said in the Avengers thread, i think Bendis & co want to tie all the events up and have it lead to a re-united Avengers one day, but they got a lot left to say between now & then, and im looking forward to it.

There was a point in the 90's when people got tired of the massive, bank-breaking crossovers. Batman went from Contagion to Dead Man's Land and such, and the company promised a year or so (as i recall) of self-contained stories.

Although Baytor's right that we dont get as many of those (there coudl always be side books; like, Spidey used to have a 99 cent book outside of the Clone Saga that was great), but Joe Q and friends turned Marvel around from bankruptcy by selling books, and these big events do that. So long as they actually have ramifications & tie in (which Civil War did), ill be happy to have the constant milking.

And yeah, i think most people are on board for WWH. You gotta admit, a Hulk who could beat the Silver Surfer without getting crazy mad is a pretty interesting villian.

True, its just that Surfer's a cosmic entity, even weakened he should be able to manage....what im saying is that since he wasnt the strongest thing on this planet for a while, Hulk's coming back way more powerful tahn he left. Im wondering if we'll finally see the extent of Thor, Sentry etc's powers.

there's a preview going around online, shows....

Hulk taking a whisper from Black Bolt, the last time he did that it leveled a large city. it barely even stopped him.

True, its just that Surfer's a cosmic entity, even weakened he should be able to manage....what im saying is that since he wasnt the strongest thing on this planet for a while, Hulk's coming back way more powerful tahn he left. Im wondering if we'll finally see the extent of Thor, Sentry etc's powers.

there's a preview going around online, shows....

Hulk taking a whisper from Black Bolt, the last time he did that it leveled a large city. it barely even stopped him.

Why? Is Thor back now?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived