Hondo's Bar

The Color Code Personality Test

Aartemys

When I went for my interview at The University of Phoenix, they gave us this test as a part of it. Seems that they have this formula that to make an excellent sales team, you need a certain percentage in each of your group. My boss on the other hand decided to hire 12 Reds, 1 Blue, 1 White & 1 Yellow...the result? Last I checked no one still worked there...oh well. On to the test & explanations:

The Color Code

I am a RED

REDS are motivated by POWER. They seek productivity and need to look good to others. Simply stated, REDS want their own way. They like to be in the driver's seat and willingly pay the price to be in a leadership role. REDS value whatever gets them ahead in life, whether it be in their careers, school endeavors, or personal life. What REDS value, they get done. They are often workaholics. They will, however, resist doing anything that doesn't interest them.

REDS like to be right. They value approval from others for their intelligence and practical approach to life, and want to be respected for it. REDS are confident, proactive, and visionary; but can also be arrogant, selfish, and insensitive. When others interact with you, as a RED you respond to them best if they are precise, factual, direct, AND show no fear!

Understand that no two REDS are exactly alike. Although you share the same core motivation as many others, your personality is still unique to you alone.

Congratulations. You are WHITE.

WHITES are motivated by PEACE. They seek independence and require kindness. They resist confrontation at all costs. To them, feeling good is more important than being good. They are typically quiet by nature, process things very deeply and objectively with great clarity. Of all the colors, WHITES are the best listeners. They respect people who are direct but recoil from perceived hostility or verbal battle.

WHITES need their "alone time" and refuse to be controlled by others. WHITES want to do things their own way and in their own time. They ask little of others and resent others demanding much of them. WHITES are much stronger than people think, but are not often seen for their strength because they don't easily reveal their feelings. WHITES are even-tempered, diplomatic, and the voice of reason; but can also be indecisive, unexpressive, and silently stubborn. When others interact with you, as a WHITE you respond to them best if they are kind, accepting and supporting of your individuality, and if they look for non-verbal clues to understand your feelings.

I find this somewhat like me, surprisingly

WHITES are motivated by PEACE. They seek independence and require kindness. They resist confrontation at all costs. To them, feeling good is more important than being good. They are typically quiet by nature, process things very deeply and objectively with great clarity. Of all the colors, WHITES are the best listeners. They respect people who are direct but recoil from perceived hostility or verbal battle.

WHITES need their "alone time" and refuse to be controlled by others. WHITES want to do things their own way and in their own time. They ask little of others and resent others demanding much of them. WHITES are much stronger than people think, but are not often seen for their strength because they don't easily reveal their feelings. WHITES are even-tempered, diplomatic, and the voice of reason; but can also be indecisive, unexpressive, and silently stubborn. When others interact with you, as a WHITE you respond to them best if they are kind, accepting and supporting of your individuality, and if they look for non-verbal clues to understand your feelings.

i'm a white too, and it describes me pretty well i gotta say.

Do you have to register to take the test?

I'm worried that if they get my details they'll have a permanent record of my outcome saved in their databases, which in turn are sold prospective employers, making it impossible for me to every lie on one of those tests again.

Also, I've seen similar tests to these before, ones that didn't involve any colour scheme, is this one a rip off?

I finished this test and the results didn't pop up. Nonetheless, I can tell you now this test is the biggest piece of hogwash I've ever seen in the ways of personality tests. Here are just a few reasons.

1) You are often your own worse critical assessor. Other than maybe your mother, no one is going to have a more biased perspective. In the social sciences, self-assessment by itself is usually regarded as a very poor indicator.

2) Memories of childhood pertaining to attitudes and perspective and always viewed through a lens of one's current state of mind. Describing one's own attitudes and motivation during childhood as an adult is bound to be warped.

3) The choices here were bogus. More than half the time, there was a major issue with the multiple choice options. Neither none applied (the sun is a. purple, or b. made of bread?), more than one applied in a non-contradicting way (do you like a. hamburgers, or b. a cool breeze?), or each multiple choice answer contained a list of items where each choice was a mixed bag of things that applied and things that didn't (a. the sun is purple and you like hamburgers, or b. the sun is made of bread and you like a cool breeze).

4) And finally, fuck this "personality is fixed from early childhood" bullshit. These motherfuckers and eat my cock.

Do you have to register to take the test?

I'm worried that if they get my details they'll have a permanent record of my outcome saved in their databases, which in turn are sold prospective employers, making it impossible for me to every lie on one of those tests again.

Also, I've seen similar tests to these before, ones that didn't involve any colour scheme, is this one a rip off?

I gave them my email: Lies @lyingliers.com first name: Alias, last name: Undercover.

4) And finally, fuck this "personality is fixed from early childhood" bullshit.

I'll certainly agree to that.

Didn't get a result, but there's no fucking way I'm going through all of that shit again, I anwered mostly the out of place loner/ maladjusted antisocialite/ goth kid answers, what would that make me? Black I'm guessing. Black black inky black, all is black, black as the night sky when the last stars have been snuffed out, blacker than a welsh school house drowned in an avalanche of coal dust, black black black.

Archived