Hondo's Bar

Thor

Lycaon

• 2 months later...

To say the least.

if i wasnt on board the book before (ive enjoyed thor's book from simonson and jurgens in the past, and copiel's art isnt bad), i sure the hell am now. that was just what id been hoping for from every stark encounter since the war.

• 3 months later...

Thor03CoverA.jpg

Straczynski is a fuckin' genius! Really he is! He's made me care about a character that I would of never before. Marvel needs to give this guy anything he wants to keep him around till he drops dead. Then hire his corpse to write after he's gone. Spidey One More Day aside. this guy is gold!

Thor03CoverA.jpg

Straczynski is a fuckin' genius! Really he is! He's made me care about a character that I would of never before. Marvel needs to give this guy anything he wants to keep him around till he drops dead. Then hire his corpse to write after he's gone. Spidey One More Day aside. this guy is gold!

Hey he also did The Other though. I read the Wiki overview of it and it just seemed fucking ludicrous. The Vitruvian Spiderman's a helluvan image though.

oh christ, please dont get him started on the other... :misty:

Couple issues behind on this, but i like how Thor handled Stark, though possibly not as much as Ly does.

Its the most fun the book's had since uh, Jurgens wrote "Dark Gods" years back? and i read some of Simonson's "Ragnarök" arc as a kid, still gotta finish it one day...i recall being surprised then by horse-faced Beta Ray Bill coming off as cool as he did at times.

Off-topic and all apologies, but I highly recommend you check out Oeming's Stormbreaker. Beta Ray Bill Vs Galactus can be cooler than you think.

PS-- it was largely due to Stormbreaker that Thor in the Beta Ray skin was a staple of my Ultimate Alliance roster.

• 3 months later...
oh christ, please dont get him started on the other... :gross:

Couple issues behind on this, but i like how Thor handled Stark, though possibly not as much as Ly does.

Its the most fun the book's had since uh, Jurgens wrote "Dark Gods" years back? and i read some of Simonson's "Ragnarök" arc as a kid, still gotta finish it one day...i recall being surprised then by horse-faced Beta Ray Bill coming off as cool as he did at times.

You caught up yet? This is good.

yeah, just got caught up today after panch swore this week's issue was like the book of the week - this is definitely more fun than Thor's been since , well, even Jurgens' "Dark Gods" run. the characterization is great; thor's way more approachable when not stuck talking old english, and the stuff with Odin helped shape things too. They even did the chest-thumping 300-ish moment and it worked for me, which is something the book's failed at many times in the past.

Definitely a great book these days, and benefits (so far) from being seemingly disconnected from much of the Marvel U.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

154y52o.jpg

ok, so the giant-sized finale was great, and JMS is gonna be missed for sure, but...so far? Marvel looks to've pulled another seamless transition from one creative team to the next. The art's not as good, but by no means bad - and writing-wise...well, just look at next month's cover.

I can't wait.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series, but I feel like JMS hasn't really been up to par here. It's been an enjoyable read, but by the same token in 15 or so issues not a whole lot happened. I mean big things happened to the Asgardians but other than Loki being a slippery fucker as usual it felt like a companion piece to another book. And the Finale built up to 2 seperate cliffhangers. I just feel like this could've been more.

when you think about JMS running - charming as it was - it was a fairly quiet story, just Asgard on earth and Thor reviving the norse gods, mostly.

The Loki getting him to kill his grandad and banished from the kingdom/Dark Reign stuff since then (moving to Latvia, helping Doom etc) has all kinda been setup for The Siege, if you read The Cabal one shot anyway. so i see what you're saying but across the board, its all been fairly quiet anyway, more facetime with Bill than i expected but i ended up liking him.

yeah, i get ya - i was kinda hoping he'd stay around this book or Strange for a while, its obvious its where he's wanted to be for at least a few years now. kinda wonder where he's off to next.

then again, we might be saving ourselves from some awkward moments by year 3 when Thor's revealed to be actually descended from some totem spider-god and its revealed that Loki impregnated Sif with degenerating thor-clone twins in the future.

Archived