Hondo's Bar

The Chronicles of Wormwood

Hey All!

I'm a relative newcomer to the forum, but I already know there's a HUGE base of Ennis fans here, many from the old Preacher boards. Just wondering how many of you have seen an outrageous little gem from Avatar press called The Chronicles of Wormwood. Its Ennis writing about the Heaven and Hell, and I HIGHLY recommend it to any Ennis fan.

Gotta check this one out! Man, Ennis is a crazy genius when it comes to religious subject matter *coughPREACHERcough*! Is this in trade form yet, Jon, or am I just gonna have to borrow the issues from you?

I think it's a 6 issue mini, and issue 5 came out last week. Hopefully, it ends in a way that's open for a sequel cause it's great. I hope a trade is coming soon.

for some reason, i keep thinking of Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse. Same line?

Thanks for pointing it out tho, i wasnt aware Ennis was on anything non Punisher/Boys related these days.

Ennis just finished his second ghost rider mini too! The art for both was phenomenal, by a guy named Clayton Crane. I think they are going to release the two minis, road to damnation/trail of tears in a hardcover soon.

oh wow, i totally slept on trail of tears thinknig it wasnt that team again, cause i really enjoyed road to damnation...Crane's art didnt strike me as much in Toxin (cause the writing was eh) but im convinced he shoudl draw supernatural shit after that first mini...one more to check out now, thanks!

also, i just went & got this book, Chronicles of Wormwood, had fuckall to do with the gentleman corpse thing iw as thinking of, but idve not known about it otherwise - considering Ennis' last work with Avatar was 303, i got high hopes for this one.

oh wow, i totally slept on trail of tears thinknig it wasnt that team again, cause i really enjoyed road to damnation...Crane's art didnt strike me as much in Toxin (cause the writing was eh) but im convinced he shoudl draw supernatural shit after that first mini...one more to check out now, thanks!

also, i just went & got this book, Chronicles of Wormwood, had fuckall to do with the gentleman corpse thing iw as thinking of, but idve not known about it otherwise - considering Ennis' last work with Avatar was 303, i got high hopes for this one.

I felt the exact same way about the Toxin mini, that was the first place I saw Crane's art, but I didn't really apprieciate it cause of the Meh writing.

So you picked up the first issue of CoW? Muahahah, so it begins.

I felt the exact same way about the Toxin mini, that was the first place I saw Crane's art, but I didn't really apprieciate it cause of the Meh writing.

So you picked up the first issue of CoW? Muahahah, so it begins.

i thought i got more than the first, what's it up to now?

also, panch:

Shutyoass228rn.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so im a little more than halfway through this series (finishing it up tonight) and i just wanted to give :sad: to john/C U COWBOY here for the recommendation, id notve even seen this book if he didnt put it out there, and now i want the trade, its awesome!

I gotta say, between this, 303 and Black Summer, Avatar went from being the slasher/big tits label to "come here if you want to do a story that would have no fucking chance of happening at a mainstream label". So far, ive seen Bush assasinated twice and a pope get blown just as much, and the storeis arent even about shock value. Cant wait to see Ellis' new series just started up, "Crecy" i think...anyway, thanks again man!

• 3 weeks later...

You know why DA8 wears that Cobra Commander mask?

To hide the face that he's a fucknose.

----------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I hopped on this at issue 3. Some of the stuff is a bit retread, but hell, Garth Ennis's retread is better than most people's original stuff, so I'm still enjoying the hell out of it.

Archived