Hondo's Bar

BK vs. McDonalds

Mulan

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We skipped right past Taco Bell, Pollo, Wendys etc...alright, a one on one.

I of course say McDonalds.  Better fries, and now their shakes are gettin good too. Burgers arent bad, but i do prefer BK's.  Still...that bucket of fries makes it worth the while, especially when fresh & doused in salt...mmmm.  

*Goes to call Mulan's cell & ask bout dinner*

Ofcourse anyone that knows me would for know that I would pick McDonalds!!! I mean Their fries kick major ass, the burger's are good, the shakes are awesome, and I just can't get enough of it. ;)

I have been a fan of McDonald's since the day I was born!!

I mean I was in kindergarden and they asked  the  class  to draw their most favorite things in te world. Of course all the little kids drew things like unicorns, rainbows, maybe even their parents. On the other hand I drew McDonald's french fries!!! Ans my mother still has the picture to prove it!! :D  :D  :D mmmm.. French Fries!!!

Sure, everyone go with the herd...

Just cuz you've been indoctrinated into it since kindergarten dont make it good. I guess Bill Hicks was right. Marketing and advertising people are total scum. They've made McDonalds desirable. Ronald McDonald is the Pied Piper's sucessor. Generations of american kids have been too caught up in the gimmicks that McDonald's uses to realized that the food is artificial tasting crud.

Secret sauce!!? :D It's Thousand Island dressing, dammit. If you want secret sauce I can whip you up a bit. I just need a Playboy and an empty bathroom. (gimme a couple minutes)

Burger King has fries made of potato and burgers made with beef (that taste like beef). McDonalds has fries made of soy and burgers made from tufu (that taste like cardboard)

I just pray Burger King brings back their spicy triple cheeseburge cuz that thing was incredible.

Obviously, in fuckin-Guyana things must be different.  If you've gone to any BK in Miami in the last year you know that the microwaved cow toes they use in the burgers are about as bad as the ones in McD's.  Now... compare their only redeming quality... the chicken sandwiches... you know that the McD's one still resembles chicken, while the BK ones look like an enlarged Chicken Nugget on bread.

Ok jumbie, I don't know If you've really looked in the burger's at BK, or even at the ingredients in any fast food restaurant but they contain the same shit!!! And BK is not fresh food. I knowthis Because I have a cousin that used to work there and I friend I work with now that used to work there. Trust.. all them are the same. Even Wendy's ( eventhough its not part of this poll) :sneaky:

No one's pretending fast food is gourmet food. It all stinks in comparison to real food.

But McDonalds stinks the worse. The only thing keeping them afloat is that they've conned kids into thinking they're cool. Those kids grow up to be adults who think they're cool, unless they actually develop a sense of taste. McDonalds knows this so they market to kids. That's why they always have their promotions linked to little kids movies.

Since I never grew up with either McDonalds or BK, I never had to work my way through leftover childhood mind patterns.

Obviously, in fuckin-Guyana things must be different.  

Wow, Chief, I haven't spoken to you in years and I find you still haven't come up with a new line. And BK isn;t about chicken, it's about beef.

Wendy's has the best fast food chicken sandwich. I've actually crossed through the middle of traffic to get one.

See, now youre just talkin crazy.

For me, it aint got shit to do with marketing.  I went to BK for years while TD was in Miami 'cause he loved it, and you tagged along a lot, which was cool, cause youd eat anythin, which might not say much for your taste in this dept.

But i always knew BK fries tasted like cardboard, whereas McDonalds fries taste fuckin great, sometimes i go there just for that - not the happy meal toy, not to visit the goddamn hamburgler, etc.  I recall you went with me to McDonalds once, down by Cutler Ridge mall, where ya told me that joke bout Jamiaca, Haiti & Guyana - the one with the watch? Twas funny.

Point is: Better fries, burger aint bad.  No, no one said it beats restaraunt, but it kicks the shit outta the price, huh? Im with ya on the burgers at BK, but i cant be honestly hearin you say their fries are any good. :ill: :D

Man, thats a lotta freakin conversation over fast food.

First thing I'd wanna say is they both suck ass, only fast food I ever touch is Wendy's, Arby's or the chicken ones.  But um, as far as the ones that taste like garbage go, I used to go with BK cause of the 99 cent menu with Jalapeno poppers and Motzarella sticks, but they decided to get rid of those, so now the only edible things at either one are the chicken nuggets, and I'd say I like teh Mcdonalds ones more, so they get my vote.  And their sweet and sour sauce is the only thing in there that moves past "edible" and actually rises up to being "good" in my opinion.

I go for Wendy's cause its right here.  KFC is Artistic & Satcha's new home sometimes.  Im kinda a big fan of Arby's m'self but since Mulan once saw some fat chick employee of theirs prepare our food without gloves on she never wants to go back there... :plain:

Nick's got a good point a/b the cardboard fries.  Remember when those fries used to rock?  When BK changed their recipe for the first time in like 20 yrs & started making these really crunchy ones and everyone thought they were way better than McD's... then, people started realizing that these fries were made in O-Lean, some new fangled type of veggie oil that immediately lubricates your entire intestines in a matter of 15 minutes and causes you to dump everything you just finished eating.

Now, not even the taste of the fries can save them, they've lost all form of relation to normal french fries.

Here's another fact... McD's has a breakfast menu that's about a million times better than BK's.  Don't know if many of you guys are up early enough to witness this.

Hmm....ok that's actually one more thing i personally give to BK.

No, im not often up early enough for breakfast from these places.  Id get pissed but i dont wanna be like Micheal Douglas in "Falling Down".  Not yet, anyway...:shoot: :D

So...uh, thing is, the bacon, egg & cheese crossonwhich at BK is fuckin great, tho their tater tots are just as dry as McDonalds. Now, if i try to get that same meal at McDonalds, they give it to me on harder, dryer bread & worse yet, with Candadian bacon or somethin.  I didnt ask for this exotic pig to die, and i personally dont like him as much; the taste isnt nearly as good for me, and ya cant pretend it was an american pig like "Babe" or somethin so its no fun either.

Uh..in conclusion, if anyone's up early enough, please buy me a BK a Bacon Egg & Cheese crossowhich & ill be your freind. Thank you.

PS I know none of you whores'll do it. FINE! :D

Gotta go with MickeyD.  I'd be betraying the picture of myself when I was three years old wearing a mcDonald's jersey (that's as nig as I am0 that hanging in the office of the management office my mom works at.  of course, that office is the base for the company that owns about 25 Mcdonald's stores, but hey, I never said I wasn't biased!  Whoppers are pretty good, but BK seems to fall short on most everything else.  Did you know that the McDonald's stores in Maine serve LOBSTER fritters on their regular menu?  And that they have had test markets for McPizza, tacos, crab cakes...?  ...pretty much anything you can think of, they've thought of it and tested it somewhere.  It's a cool company.  Besides that, they always try to keep a nice, clean image, and I respect that.

Oh yeah, that and...mmmm....McDonald's fries...

Is it bad if you mainline them?

Yes I love McDonald's and everything, it's been with me through out my childhood, but when it comes to thebreakfast menu.... I would have to say BK. :D  The meat in the morning is fresher, the coffee actually tastes like coffee, the french toast sticks (which I believe is my favorite part of thei breakfast menu) don't taste like something you cooked three nights ago and left the out in the sun, and the croissons are pretty fresh compared to McDonalds buscuits.

Overall, if you want breakfast at any of these two locations, BK has the better beafast. Otherwise, McDonalds has the better fries, you can actually choose between desserts;like the McFlurry's, sundays, apple pie, or apple fritter, and the burgers are pretty good too.  :D

As for the propaganda... I'm not sure, but either way I still think McDonalds is better ;)

BK all the way.  McDonalds fries are soggy pieces of limp potato... long live MrPotatoHead fries !!  I'm all for the new crunchy fries.  great taste.  McDonalds burgers are so sauced up that they make my insides run faster than 10 oreos would.  Sure BK doesnt hold a candle to FuddRuckers but it is clearly above McDonalds.  The time of the clown has passed away.  

ps. for 2 dollars, nothing beats 2 double stacks at wendy's (less with FIU discount) or 2 for $2 over at miami subs.

What crap. Theyre only soggy if you wait to damn long to eat em or if they give ya the old batch, which they prolly do since they know ya hate em anyway (+, its Yahven so he's prolly tryin to haggle the price).

Madness! BK fries = cardboard, and everyone knows it. Hot, salted McDonald's fries are the peak of fast food dining.  Ask me nicely & ill share some with ya next time, then youll be a believer.

i gotta go with BK

when i do feel like ingesting large amouts of trans fatty acids, i believe they have the better deal. for one, as someone mentioned before, they have a better breakfast menu, and since my first class of the day last semster was 7:45 AM, i was usually up early enough. their cinimini's rock, plus you get a crown, does Mc Donald's offer a crown? no. so as a kid i dug them more

i don't know if you guys have IN N Out out there on the east coast, but In N Out is a 50's type hamburger joint that offers food very cheap, their burgers are killer, but their fries suck, if you guys have those out there, lemme know, i'm like the only one out here who thinks their fries are disgusting

and oh yeah, bk's fries are better than mc donalds, please, mc donald's fries are oily and disgusting

and KFC, okay the last time my friends and i went there, my friend found a fingernail in her cornbread, needless to say, i never want to go there again,

what do you guys think is the best diner? a friend of mine and myself got into an argument about this the other day, she digs denny's, everytime i go to denny's i swear there's always some hick there, plus their food and milkshakes suck, i think IHOP is better, and they're open 24 hours a day too like ihop, and their food is wayy better than denny's, lyon's is better too (dont' know if you guys get those on the east coast) and foster freeze kicks ass.. DENNY'S SUCKS

...Ill excuse you 'cause youre on the opposite coast, food might be different.  Over here tho, BK fries are crunchy chunks of dung.

Eh...we have Johnny Rockets but theyre pricey, Starlight Diner is ok but service sucks.  The IHOP by FIU burns everythin, so sadly Dennys is really all we got, especially for the hour of day were all usually out & about.

True, Denny's ain't too great, but you learn to love it.  All the IHOPs around here just blow, so when it's like 4 in the morning, there's nowhere else to go.  And Nick, Starlight diner ain't open till really late... is it?  That place is incredible, if they're open late they'd replace Dennys real friggin quick...