Hondo's Bar

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

The NZA

• 7 months later...

so, a good 4-5 hours into the game...

holy shit, this one's fun. I dont feel like i'm grinding, and im inclined to try all the optional side-missions, so props (again) to Square for pushing past this. Shame the leveling up system's as random as it is, but it actually works.

Graphically, the CG in this game feels like something a handheld shouldnt be able to do; which is to say its fucking impressive. I'm talking "did they leave that scene out of Advent Children?!" impressive, here. I made a save file just to watch this long one with Sephiroth & friends training, and im showing it off like i did 10 years back with FF VII, its crazy.

The best part for me is that the story actually got me back into it: ive been of the "FF VII was overrated" camp that hasnt honestly played the title in nearly a decade, and when this is done, i just might. Seeing the roots of ShinRa's SOLIDER group - Seophiroth's friends & somewhat mentor, the origin of Jenova being used, learning who Zack really was - its more compelling than i'd figured an FF spinoff would be - given Dirge, etc - and certainly more meaty than Advent Children. I'm surprised to find myself really excited to see what happens next with Angeal, Genesis & such.

As for (future?) throwbacks: so far,

i ran into Yuffie, a few've the Turks (who're coming off cooler here) and saw the Hardy Daytona in ShinRa's museum.

Anyway, again, this thing has me wanting to watch Last Order again, and give FF VII a second try when I'm done. For PSP owners & FF fans, I can't recommend this one enough.

that elaborate CG of Sephiroth & co training (in flashback) during the invasion at ShinRa? right there.

i know i should be way farther, but i had to finish Snatcher and a few others first. what about you man, and hows it been for you so far? Has it gotten better or worse?

Well it has been on the back burner after playing it through 9hrs, looks like I have to do a bit of the grind and level up to make it any further. Should put some work in this weekend though :love:

It is def a win game though, story, graphics and hell even the gameplay is super.

Edited by Dr`Steve

holy shit, this one's fun. I dont feel like i'm grinding, and im inclined to try all the optional side-missions, so props (again) to Square for pushing past this. Shame the leveling up system's as random as it is, but it actually works.

Graphically, the CG in this game feels like something a handheld shouldnt be able to do; which is to say its fucking impressive. I'm talking "did they leave that scene out of Advent Children?!" impressive, here. I made a save file just to watch this long one with Sephiroth & friends training, and im showing it off like i did 10 years back with FF VII, its crazy.

The best part for me is that the story actually got me back into it: ive been of the "FF VII was overrated" camp that hasnt honestly played the title in nearly a decade, and when this is done, i just might. Seeing the roots of ShinRa's SOLIDER group - Seophiroth's friends & somewhat mentor, the origin of Jenova being used, learning who Zack really was - its more compelling than i'd figured an FF spinoff would be - given Dirge, etc - and certainly more meaty than Advent Children. I'm surprised to find myself really excited to see what happens next with Angeal, Genesis & such.

i ran into Yuffie, a few've the Turks (who're coming off cooler here) and saw the Hardy Daytona in ShinRa's museum.

Anyway, again, this thing has me wanting to watch Last Order again, and give FF VII a second try when I'm done. For PSP owners & FF fans, I can't recommend this one enough.

OK. First off, my eyes hurt. I started playing this thing late afternoon Wednesday and I'm freaking hooked on the sides for some reason. So far, I'm 30% done with them, but I'm like, still at the beginning of the game with 20 hrs (Just got off with Aerith/s...w/e). So anyway, because I've been doing the side missions, my Zack is pretty buffed up (DUDE, MATERIA FUSION FTW!!! HP Up+...thats all I'll say)

About that fight sequence, I've had that on my PS3 for months...sadly, I still watch it. But yeah, so far, so good.

Edited by Losifer

shit. im like 7% done with missions, but had to get back to plot. I'm at lvl 15, and some of the later "very hard" missions can own me, usually with status bullshit. I gotta get on my grind, and talk to youse about materia fusion, sir.

Well it's good to know that at least some of the games they're desperately squeezing out of the raw chapped teat of Final Fantasy VII aren't absolute shit. I was wondering when they'd actually fuck around and get it right. Though I'm much more excited about the sequel to Final Fantasy IV which is coming out... eventually :love: Gives me hope that I may one day see Final Fantasy VI-2.

Well it's good to know that at least some of the games they're desperately squeezing out of the raw chapped teat of Final Fantasy VII aren't absolute shit. I was wondering when they'd actually fuck around and get it right. Though I'm much more excited about the sequel to Final Fantasy IV which is coming out... eventually :ohface: Gives me hope that I may one day see Final Fantasy VI-2.

...come again?

20080414.jpg

there isnt one, and ive no idea what baytor's talking about with his FF IV sequel, either - only thing i know if is the 3-D rendering of FF IV that the DS got in japan, and we're expecting in the summer. We might yet see FF VI redone in 3D one day as well (they look great, have voices too!) but ive seen less than nothing on proper sequels.

ok, 25% done with the side-missions now, and absolutely loving this game; plots really coming into VII nicely, shit's making a fair amount more sense to me as it goes. Again, gonna finish this at some point and try FF VII again to see if there's any lucas-sized consistency errors.

oh, finally meet Aerith, which was really cool! but that's not a big spoiler there; she's on some versions of the cover.

So...anyone beat this yet? I kinda wanna know what others think. I don't wanna spoil anything but I'm sure those who are playing know the outcome. And even though I've seen the ending dozens of time, actually playing the game to get to the end was really something.

This was probably the saddest ending to any Final Fantasy. The execution of Zack's final minutes was very well done ( the audio and visuals [ and i don't mean the CG] were very powerful). To some things up, it was quite the tear-jerker.

Edited by Losifer

• 14 years later...