Hondo's Bar

Introducing...Art & Literature!

The NZA

holy crap, weve got 38 forums now!? :eh:

Yeah, so, the other night i was making new threads for Culture and realized, itd become too big an umbrella for all those varying topics...made more sense to me to have a corner for art, poetry, books and the like, so here it is!

youll notice, i tried to put our board sociologists onto Culture (which will still be home for sociological/anthropological topics as well as people, comedians and all kindsa things) while those more into the art portion of culture now reign over books, prose, body art, photos, theater and all will have their new home...hopefully, everyone's seeing the same distinction here i am.

That said, im not married to the name; we're just seeing each other. so if youve got a better one, throw it out here! And yes, The Lourve has been thrown around already; its more cliche than just saying Alexander's Library at this point.

Oh! and while were at it, please dear god compel stillbored to help me out here were taking submissions for a logo there. I know, its orangey like this here Suggestion Box, but trust me, most skins are variations of blue and i just wanted it to stand out with the others down there, so uh, try to check the current, bland logo and see if you can make something work within those parameters, and get your art immortalized onto Hondo's! At least, until im forced to upgrade us to a new version, hopefully a long, long time for now.

Enjoy! mebbe thisll excite you more than the Economics subforum did. stoopid Joel. "Oh yeah, George is all into this!"

boy, this went over like a lead balloon. make a corner of fight club, hondonians trip over their dicks trying to run it; make a lit forum, eh.

LL - ok, the finer things is tempting, at that. your second one....well, im going to nod and remind myself that ive always thought of a "i didnt get that joke" thread in crap shack.

Oh! and while were at it, please dear god compel stillbored to help me out here were taking submissions for a logo there.

Ha! I see what you did there...

I've been away from Hondo's the past couple days working and painting...I'll see what I can whip up.

I think this logo is actually perfect for art and lit:

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=1585.jpg

And yeah, every forum should be an obscure reference. Like, the powder room could be 'Concerned Ladies of America West: East Coast Chapter' and a Car forum could be 'The Land Where Large Fuzzy Dice Still Hang Proudly Like Testicles From Rear View Mirrors'.

you can always call the arts forum "The Finer Things Club" (clearly i ripped off the american version of the office but i think it's appropriate). and call culture/sociology "The City of Comte-on" (har har!).

Or "Straight Outta Comte." Or in Philosophy, how about "Appetite for Deduction."

you know, like auguste comte (pronounced compt), (one of) the father(s) of sociology, plus the city of compton...The City of Comte-on. i thought it was clever, goddamn it.

im not cutting you any slack anymore when you miss secret invasion/civil war/other marvel event jokes, missy. or should i say, miss esoterica.

Jax: why would i change a subtle wu reference to an NWA one?

Archived