Florida Supercon

The NZA

fsc.gif

Site

THE HYATT REGENCY

BONAVENTURE

250 Racquet Club Road

Weston, Florida 33326

Weston's about 45 minutes away, according to mapquest. What sucks is i just heard about this (oddly on the radio, rock station was running ads?), cause tickets were cheaper earlier but now theyre $20 (panch, check 93 Rock's page, theyre saying it might be free with military ID?). anyway, they got some interesting artists going, and Dante from Clerks along with others...sounds like it could be fun, even if my ass is broke (here's to $1 bins & half-off trade tables!)

Thing is, its this week, Friday-Sunday. Sen might be down; im gonna hit up Panch, Space, Bishop, Newt & others, but any locals who're down on short notice, post or call to lemme know.

dont feel bad, i dont even know that i got the $20 to go, much less get anything. im eyeing the hellboy companion book and any cheap, cheap trades on my short list but again, it'll prolly be to shop around & bullshit more than anything. Could be fun, though.

you're both there in spirit

dont feel bad, i dont even know that i got the $20 to go, much less get anything.

IN YOUR FUCK-ING FACE FUCK-WADD!....i...i'm sorry, i don't know what came over me.

it's just i've been having these hot flushes and feel really hormonal, at what age does menopause usually kick in in men?

I heard about this (also on the radio) and figured it must not have an impressive guest list, because otherwise one of ones mugs you would have mentioned it. I'm down for this weekend. I can drive 4 people comfortably (5 total if it's 3 skinny folk in the back) and I'll take the hit on gas since I get good mileage. I can take my DVDs of Clerks, Clerks 2 and Clerks Animated to get autographed.

*looks at wallet*

Fuck

I told myself I was going to go to this for my birthday in November but fuck it I'm in.

Damn you Custer. I'm trying to save money and......Wait! Is this how it feels when I show you shit?

To everybody else go here then here.

oh, shit, you did. i prolly forgot about that cause it went so far off topic: first, l'obo bitching about comics & anime (what was that about?) and then WLN bashing anime as well. buncha haters. who writes off an entire medium before even checking it out, really?

anyway, yeah. so we're all broke but this should be cheaper than megacon overall. i still gotta call panch, john, george etc. Jax, glad you're offering to drive man.

oh, shit, you did. i prolly forgot about that cause it went so far off topic: first, l'obo bitching about comics & anime (what was that about?) and then WLN bashing anime as well. buncha haters. who writes off an entire medium before even checking it out, really?

anyway, yeah. so we're all broke but this should be cheaper than megacon overall. i still gotta call panch, john, george etc. Jax, glad you're offering to drive man.

Fixed.

Somehow, I think he got the impression that I was in the list of people that you needed to call, and as part of a separate sentence from that, you were thanking him for offering to drive without mentioning his name. He's basically saying your punctuation is shit and he doesn't even assume you might have used it right anymore.

I'm assuming you're thinking Saturday rather than Friday, heh?

On a side note, Newtype thread was from early 2007.

ok, so panch had work, and I just barely missed Space Cowboy (sorry again man), but me, bishop, newt & Jax had a great time. Got to see The Godamned Batman as well, he's a good guy, was saying we need to do more Rock Band.

The discounts...weren't much; there were $3 manga tables that didnt have much left, and the stuff youd see that you'd want was marked "$1 OFF!!!" like that was supposed to be funny, heh. I did, however, land a copy of NBA Jam for SNES for $2, and Track & Field II (NES) for $3. Kertins got a Koopa Troopa, and yeah, i owe jax $20.

Jem's concert was truly, truly, truly outrageous, newt & bish got more stuff (newt got a Fury bust!), bishop had a man-crush on the artist from Buffy, and ive got forthcoming pictures with both Deadpool and Pac-Man. Oh, and newtype owns fucking everything. Good times.

haha, oh i hate you saying that cause i wish you couldve too. Newt was scouring for deals, Bishop was all but griefing the narutards and Jax, well, you couldnt tear him away from Jem's show. So yeah, as ever, idve loved to have your company! Sen sadly had homework.

Also, it was funny to have my picture taken for the Hondo's shirt, cause someone thought the name Irish Ninja was that awesome, and insisted i hold the Koopa Troopa for the shot. heh.

No group pictures, but here's what he got.

Nick hangin' with Mr Koopa...and Deathpoll

IMG_0109.jpg

Nick hangin' with Mr Koopa...and Pac-Man

IMG_0110.jpg

Captain Ameribot

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

I took a picture of this figure because of how much she did NOT resemble the character she was supposed to, enough to make me think it was a generic doll thrown in a box. For fun, try too guess as you scroll down.

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Who is it, you ask? Fucking Willow from Buffy.

IMG_0103.jpg

Also, the Hellboy hat was cool, but it needed the horns down farther on the forehead, cause otherwise it's not obvious it's Hellboy.

IMG_0102.jpg

And for Bishopcruz, because nobody else cares.

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

aw man, im blurry in the pac-man one and its still awesome. also, i think you meant Deadpool.

you shoulda bought that hellboy hat anyway, its class. Glad we got Bish & the buffy artist, sad we missed newt's time on stage dueting with Jem.

Archived