Hondo's Bar

Ladies Football?!

Benz

Thanks to the miracle of Facebook, I came to find out that one of my High School Classmates is playing football (along with modeling and real estate in LA.)

I thought, cool good for her, good exercise and what not, probably a local club thing. Turns out she's in an actual league even though it's not as big as the NFL. Yet. She plays for the LA Temptations, she's new this season so she's not on the site yet, but she's getting ready to play Denver in the "Lingere Football League", full on tackle football.

I tried to look at the website on my phone, but it's flash only so maybe later today I'll look at it on a computer.

Here's the website:

www.lflus.com

I wonder if Miami and New England have teams, though I'd probably root for her team.

Womens' Softball is pretty norm. My high school had a team, as did FIU. Cool that they beat the mens team though.

Cool that NH has a local Womens' Football team. Just sucks that Boston/NH/New England doesn't have a team on this league.

Sometimes it's just too ez...

Pictures of "ladies football" you say . . .

Miami%20Dolphins%20Rookie%20Mini%20Camp%20NfJ11vXWqnMl.jpg

ONly kidding! I'm just fuckin' w/ ya Pancho!

I'd like to hear you say that to Jake Long's face! HAHA!

Introducing the Miami Caliente! My new favorite football team!

lingerie_football_girls_10.jpg

2225225.47.jpg

They have female football team. with the proper equipment. This team is called the Miami Fury, they play in a small park in Miami.

This Lingerie Football League is a fad. It does seem to take it self to seriously, although the athletes are claiming they want respectability. The only way they would get that is if they would wear a proper uniform, and have there placement on the team be soley based on athletics. They are side show along side professional sports.

This is a photo from the Caliente's first game vs. Chicago.

In all of my over 20 years in football, I have never seen the G-string tackle.

200x150cd.jpg

As regards actual ladies football, the head of FIFA said that their shorts should be tighter a while back.

Even the head of the governing body of football both male and female, can't take the sport seriously...

Joy of joys.

Tighter does make sense, but not shorter. You need to wear tight fitting clothing in football, for saftey. no one wants to run around in sweatpants on a hot day anyways, and certian fabrics are made to help athletes perform better and take the punishment of the sport itself better.

If the fad ladies really wanted to play, they'd uhhh...man up...and wear a proper uniform.

I can see what you guys are saying about "wearing a proper uniform". I gotta play devil's advocate here though. Which is more marketable? Which will draw the bigger audience? Which will draw more advertizing? You can watch the Miami Calientes on MY33 (check local listings for game times). You can't, however, watch the Miami Fury. Sex sells. Respect unfortunately, doesn't.

Also what happened to the WNBA? It seems like it was great at the beginning, now I rarely hear about it.

The WNBA is still alive and kicking, I haven't watched it in quite some time, but it does have a pretty hardcore fanbase.

You're right, sex does sell, but sex isn't the sport. It does irratate me to a point to see the fad ladies get more attention than the actual teams who play by the rules and then on top of this they whine that no one takes them seriously? pffft.

The more evil side of me thinks we should just throw them up against a real womans football team and see how they feel about it then.

muhahaha.

The WNBA is still alive and kicking, I haven't watched it in quite some time, but it does have a pretty hardcore fanbase.

You're right, sex does sell, but sex isn't the sport. It does irratate me to a point to see the fad ladies get more attention than the actual teams who play by the rules and then on top of this they whine that no one takes them seriously? pffft.

The more evil side of me thinks we should just throw them up against a real womans football team and see how they feel about it then.

muhahaha.

Fuck, put 'em up against a women's roller derby team. They will be destroyed. That shit's the closest thing to Rollerball we're ever likely to get.

Tighter does make sense, but not shorter. You need to wear tight fitting clothing in football, for saftey. no one wants to run around in sweatpants on a hot day anyways, and certian fabrics are made to help athletes perform better and take the punishment of the sport itself better.

If the fad ladies really wanted to play, they'd uhhh...man up...and wear a proper uniform.

Erm, by football i mean football. Not hand egg. Tight shorts when playing that is ridiculous.

• 8 months later...

Archived