Hondo's Bar

Guitar Hero - Van Halen

Aartemys

When I heard about this I thought it was a joke. But I suppose if Aerosmith gets one then Van Halen surely deserves one. Still, this'd better have a lot of Hagar in it because the singer will hate all David Lee Roth songs, the lyrics bar will say "*Scream unintelligibly into the mic and say 'YEEEEEAH' every now and then.*"

Here's some more bands I'd like to see get games:

Guitar Hero: Wings - Wherin' you try to get the same score you got on Beatles Rock Band and fail horribly every time. The final song will be an extended rendetion of "Ebony and Ivory" and you lose points for every note you hit so you have to do good enough in the rest of the game so that you can still get a positive score by the time the song ends.

Iron Butterfly Rock Band - The entire game will be about trying to make it all the way through "Inna Gadda-Da-Vida" one time.

The Monkees Rock Band - You hold the instruments but somebody else plays for you.

Ase of Base Rock Band - Not so bad for the singer but the drummer gets tired of playing the exact same thing for 15 songs.

Well, that was a less venemous reply than I expected. Hey, I love Van Halen, they're good to listen to, but they will not be a fun Guitar Hero game unless they focus mainly on Van Hagar (because say what you want about Sammy Hagar, he actually sang) for an example of how the singer's part will, check out the lyrics to Runnin' With the Devil:

Yeah, Yeah!

Ah, yeah!

I live my life like there's no tomorrow

and all I've got, I had to steal

Least I don't need to beg or borrow

Yes I'm livin' at a pace that kills

Oooh, yeah

(Ahh!) Runnin' with the devil (Ahh-hah! Yeah!)

(Woo-hoo-oo!) Runnin' with the devil

I'm gonna tell ya all about it

I found the simple life ain't so simple

When I jumped out, on that road

I got no love, no love you'd call real

Ain't got nobody, waitin' at home

(Ah, yeah-ah!)

Runnin' with the devil

(God damn it lady. You know I ain't lyin' to ya)

(I'm only gonna tell you one time-ya!)

Runnin' with the devil

(Yes I am! Yeah!)

(Guitar Solo)

Woo!

Woo!

You know I, I found the simple life

Weren't so simple, no

When I jumped out, on that road

Got no love, no love you'd call real

Got nobody, waitin' at home

(Ah, yeah!)

Runnin' with the devil

(Hold on. Hold on, I'm runnin'! Ah, yeah!)

Runnin' with the devil

(Uh! Uh! Come on, one more time)

(Guitar Solo)

(Ha-yeah!)

Runnin' with the devil

(Oh, yeah! Ya-yeah!)

Runnin' with the devil

(Woo! Woo!)

Runnin' with the devil

(Ah-ha, yeah! Ah-ha, yeah! Ah-hah, yeah!)

Runnin' with the devil (Woo!)

Given how annoying it was having to bark like a dog or mimic whatever sound was made whenever Ringo dropped a piece of paper or Paul farted too close to the microphone in Beatles Rockband, it's going to be a disaster trying to imitate David Lee Roth's ADHD approach to singing.

When I heard about this I thought it was a joke. But I suppose if Aerosmith gets one then Van Halen surely deserves one. Still, this'd better have a lot of Hagar in it because the singer will hate all David Lee Roth songs, the lyrics bar will say "*Scream unintelligibly into the mic and say 'YEEEEEAH' every now and then.*"

Here's some more bands I'd like to see get games:

Guitar Hero: Wings - Wherin' you try to get the same score you got on Beatles Rock Band and fail horribly every time. The final song will be an extended rendetion of "Ebony and Ivory" and you lose points for every note you hit so you have to do good enough in the rest of the game so that you can still get a positive score by the time the song ends.

Iron Butterfly Rock Band - The entire game will be about trying to make it all the way through "Inna Gadda-Da-Vida" one time.

The Monkees Rock Band - You hold the instruments but somebody else plays for you.

Ase of Base Rock Band - Not so bad for the singer but the drummer gets tired of playing the exact same thing for 15 songs.

best.post.EVER.

sings...'all that she wants is another babay...she's gone tuhmorrow....'

:blink:

the other sad thing is the good songs that are on the GH series end up as DLC on the Rockband2 game (for me and the majority of people who use the online RB2 or GH forums). they hit something good with The Beatles, everyone sings along anyways, and honestly, besides making the drums more like drums, it's the only thing that can possibly improve from any of these band based games.

DJ hero hit another aspect of the game, but honestly, it's cool for a few songs you like and then even that gets tedious. The band based games are great for parties, I'll give them that, but any party that only involves one band (areosmith, ac/dc, the beatles) is certain to be a snorefest of sorts. It's milking a dying cow, and it's getting old fast.

Archived