Hondo's Bar

Halo: Reach

C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Errrrr....

Story has never been Halo's strong suit, 2 and 3 had abysmal narratives, so who cares?

Taken from bungie.net

WRITING LEAD

Are you a kick-ass writer? Have your stories occupied players' imaginations for days, weeks -- years on end? Can you inspire artists to create whole worlds and races of creatures with a few, quality keystrokes? Do you strive for emotional imperviousness to constructive editorial, and have a burning desire to build a team of writers made of similar stuff? Then read on...

Responsibilities

Histories and legends, combat dialog, weapon descriptions &c. Your words will help define Bungie's next game universe

Work for and collaborate with a Design Director responsible for all aspects of storytelling

Mentor and manage a team of internal and external writers

Requirements

Exceptional creative writing skills, especially in service of vivid, complex, memorable characters

Minimum 5 years game industry experience or two, shipped AAA games; branching or non-linear narrative experience a plus

Solid track record of team leadership

Excellent design and artistic sensibilities; straight-up mission or character design experience a plus

High level of comfort in a collaborative writing process; solitary scribes need not apply

Zero desire to parlay your game writing experience into a film, TV show, novel &c.

There's a reason for that last comment in the writing section. Bungie has gone on record as saying "We don't write the story first, we build the engine and make kick-ass levels then tell our writers to write based on what we give them." There's really only so much one person can do when you're confined to the level design the programmers give you. The story may suck (although I did enjoy ODST) but at least they admit it.

@Baytor: This is the last HALO game Bungie is making, at least for some time. They pretty much sold the franchise to Microsoft so if the Master Chief story is to continue it won't be in their hands.

• 6 months later...

Uhm, no. Is there some prior knowledge I require to adequately answer your question?

Anybody with a slim 4gb system are unable to do co-op.

The error “One or more players do not have an Xbox 360 Hard Drive. An Xbox 360 Hard Drive is required to play co-op on Xbox LIVE or system link” occurs when I try to play. Why?

A1: One or more players do not have an Xbox 360 hard drive attached to their Xbox 360 console. Some multiplayer aspects of Halo: Reach require an Xbox 360 hard drive.

Wait, someone is surprised that you can't play a game without memory? What kind of grandma would buy an arcade unit anyway? Is this a fanboy talking point or something?

So, I got the Reach console bundle, not because I'm into Halo, I'm just a sucker for special edition consoles. I was like "Oh yeah, it came with the game". Played it for a few minutes, it does seem polished, I'm just not really in the mood to shoot shit right now.

The console itself I'm very happy with. Quick as a bunny and quieter than my PS3, stays nice and cool.

Bought this for Logan, ended up playing a bit myself. I actually like the make your own map concept, and that's pretty much what i've been playing with. Now obviously the video doesn't show how easy it is to make the maps, but it's still pretty cool that you can make the maps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_znuu03718

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_zLCWATBHs

I played about a third of this with Dr Steve and discovered that even the campaign is more enjoyable in a communal setting. Sadly, as he's predominantly PC playing with a 360 control was nearly crippling for the guy, so I need another campaign buddy to play with, because Halo 3 & ODST both sit gathering dust as testimony to my refusal to enjoy this solo.

Got into a party match with some of my friends, we made an awesome map, slip into teams, and played the shit out of it. Campaign mode is kind of 'eehhh' (i've decided to let Logan play campaign on my xbox because so far i don't care for it) but co op is pretty cool. I never really got into the halo games but I'm loving the multiplayer/ co op stuff. I can see me picking this game up again, when I finally get sick of playing battlefield, or before special ops gets released.

NZA- Course he's on Steam. I'll pass the request on but make no promises. You know how he does...

Stitched up another co-op mission last night over @ a friend's last night. Despite it's infuriating lack of autosave and drop in/out co-op, I like that it really is basic enough to be able to just jump in & out like that with no need to get caught up in things like motive & story.

• 2 weeks later...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXasCjUTNpE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXasCjUTNpE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXasCjUTNpE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 9 months later...

Archived