Hondo's Bar

THE BIG SHAMROCK!

Benz

shaq_big_shamrock500414.jpg

It's official!!! Shaq's coming to Beantown! Holy Shit I'm psyched!

Celtics Sign Shaquille O'Neal

BOSTON, MA - The Boston Celtics announced today that they have signed free agent center Shaquille O'Neal. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

"It is not every day that you can add a player of Shaquille's caliber to your team," said Danny Ainge, Celtics President of Basketball Operations. "His past experience speaks for itself and we believe that he is a great fit for our roster."

O'Neal, a 7'1" center, posted averages of 12.0 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.2 blocks and shot 56.6% from the field last season in 53 games for the Cleveland Cavaliers. The former Louisiana State Tiger is a three-time NBA Finals MVP (2000, 2001, 2002) and former NBA MVP (2000). He has been named to 15 All Star games and also has been named All-Star Game MVP three times. His 15 All-Star appearances are the second most all-time behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's 17. He is a member of four NBA Championship teams (3, Los Angeles Lakers, 2000, 2001, 2002; 1, Miami Heat, 2006). One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA history (he was youngest member of this team, at the age of 24, when it was named in 1996), O'Neal also is one of just three players in NBA history to be named league MVP, All-Star Game MVP and Finals MVP in the same season (1999-2000).

"I am honored to be joining the Celtics," said O'Neal. "I have played against Paul, Ray, Kevin, Rajon, and Jermaine for many years and it will be great to be able to call them my teammates. I cannot wait to get to Boston to get started in pursuit of another championship."

The first overall pick in the 1992 NBA Draft by Orlando, O'Neal has posted career averages of 24.1 points, 11.0 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game. He also has appeared in 214 career playoff games with averages of 24.5 points, 11.7 rebounds and 2.1 blocks. O'Neal is the fifth leading scorer in NBA history (28,255 points) and is 14th in NBA history in total rebounds (12,921).

kazaam-shaq-shaquille-oneal-suns.jpg

My wish has officially been granted! The 2010-2011 NBA season is going to be nothing less than interesting. It's going to be between the two powerhouses in the East. Fuck the Lakers. Bye Kobe. Cry yourself a good one to sleep.

I've been thinking of a suitable nickname for Shaq now that he's in Boston. ESPN had a few, but they were stupid. I formally throwing 'Green Mile' into the mix. What you got better then 'The Big Shamrock' (which I still like), Ben?

+1 for St. Shaqtrick

I'm a Shaq fan since his LSU days. I saw him play the Hornets when he was w/ the Suns a few seasons back. He was on fire that night. So this is pretty cool news as only a few days ago ESPN was speculating he might even go to Europe for his final year(s). Oh, the humanity--to even think of such shame. Damn, it would be so sweet if Shaq could deal Kobe & L.A. a loss for the championship wearing a Celtics jersey. Let’s just hope it spins that way. Hope, hope, hope…

I've been thinking of a suitable nickname for Shaq now that he's in Boston. ESPN had a few, but they were stupid. I formally throwing 'Green Mile' into the mix. What you got better then 'The Big Shamrock' (which I still like), Ben?

I like the Big Shamrock, St. Shaqtrick's win as hell. The Green Monster is a good one and ties in nicely with Boston (Fenway/Red Sox). I don't think I can top any of those 3. I'm partial to St. Shaqtrick. Green Mile's a good one too, BTW.

why're people supposed to hate Kobe/the lakers again? i never read the memos.

Lakers and Celtics are the longest and biggest rivalry in the NBA. But even for those who aren't Celtics fans, Kobe's the biggest douchebag in basketball. He's got this punk-ass attitude...

Shaq wrote a song about him: (Soon to be chanted at the Gahden during Lakers games:)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

...that really factors in here? your boy Pac (and your 2nd favorite, Mystikal!) got the same accusations.

and yeah, Shaq's freestyle was funny like 2 years ago when it dropped. i guess im not expecting a real answer why he's "a douchebag" other than "he's a great player who's not on my favorite team (x)", carry on.

...that really factors in here? your boy Pac (and your 2nd favorite, Mystikal!) got the same accusations.

and yeah, Shaq's freestyle was funny like 2 years ago when it dropped. i guess im not expecting a real answer why he's "a douchebag" other than "he's a great player who's not on my favorite team (x)", carry on.

Kobe is known throughout the NBA to be a poser. He's not liked by his peers. And not because he's on the Lakers (that's the reason the fans hate him). Other players think that he's a wannabe 'hood'. That he acts black to be cool. When you watch him play you can see it. ASC even mentions it earlier. Is that not the definition of douche?

Kobe is known throughout the NBA to be a poser. He's not liked by his peers. And not because he's on the Lakers (that's the reason the fans hate him). Other players think that he's a wannabe 'hood'. That he acts black to be cool. When you watch him play you can see it. ASC even mentions it earlier. Is that not the definition of douche?

Amen to that. It's not because "x is not on my team therefore he's a douche." Pau Gasol's on the Lakers. I hate the Lakers, but Gasol seems like a pretty alright guy. Tall as fuck for a Spaniard and a great player (He should have been Finals MVP imo)

2057b75.png

THIS... Makes me want to break his finger off, stab him in the eye with it, kick him in the balls with a steel-toed boot, then rip his lungs out and beat him senseless with them. YOU DO NOT FUCK WITH MY BOY RONDO!

cooler_than_you_t_shirt-p235281892096390906c2mc_400.jpg

:sarcasm:

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/hZNkgfTXXAI%2Em4v" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="294" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/hZNkgfTYWAI%2Em4v" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="294" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Archived