Hondo's Bar

Variety Pack Celebrities

Meself and KoS were discussing this over a few pints last night :D and we were just seeing what films are there out there with "Big Stars" in them, and were actually good! Minimum of THREE

So here's a few:

Ocean's Eleven: Andy Garcia, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts

Platoon: Tom Berenger, Charlie Sheen, Willem Dafoe, Forest Whitaker

Godfather (Trilogy): Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Robert Duval, James Caan

Thats all i can think of for now!! Need sleep :D

Heh, you started it up SoF? I was gonna try and get together a poll but this'll probably be better. The idea was to decide the best ensemble cast.

Three is too low a minimum, at least FOUR, if not FIVE.

So far for me nothing's beaten Glengarry Glen Ross:

Jack Lemmon, Al Pacino, Ed Harris, Alan Arkin, Kevin Spacey, Alec Baldwin, Jonathan Pryce

I wonder if it holds a record for the most Oscar nominations accrued by the cast (obviously discounting movies like The Player with loads of cameos), Jack Lemmon had loads of nominations, and wins, Pacino, Spacey and Harris as well, dunno if Pryce got nominated for Brazil, Arkin for Catch 22, etc.

Other good ones are Tarantino related:

Pulp Fiction: John Travolta, Samuel L Jackson, Bruce Willis, Uma Thurman, Ving Rhames, Eric Stoltz, Harvey Kietel, Tim Roth, Christopher Walken, Rosanna Arquette, QT

Reservoir Dogs: Harvey Kietel, Steve Buscemi, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Chris Penn, QT

True Romance: Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper, Christopher Walken, Gary Oldman, Brad Pitt, Val Kilmer, James Gandolfini, Michael Rapaport, and uh, QT!

C'mon then, some more! Minimum of FOUR :D

Shucks, I though Red Dragon was pretty good: Edward Norton, Harvey Kietel, Ralph Fiennes, Emily Watson, Anthony Hopkins, many others.

Jay & Silent Bob had more big names, but since Dogma was a better movie: Ben Affleck, Matt Doman, Chris Rock, Salma Hayek, George Carlin, Alan Rickman, Jason Lee (who's not really a big name unless you're already into Kevin Smith movies).

Do animated films like Toy Story and Titan AE count?

Many classic war films come to mind, as does Austin Powers 3, oddly. I reccall John Ford's epic "How the West was won" had everyone and there mother in it, but still wasnt that great...as for those war ones, I'll start with The Longest Day: John Wayne, Heny Fonda, Robert Mitchum and Peter Lawford come to mind, im sure there was more than that.

...I'll go ya one better!

A Bridge Too Far: Sean Connery, Robert Redford, Gene Hackman, James Caan, Anthony Hopkins, Laurence Olivier, Micheal Caine...and that's just the ones that come to mind! Fuckin great movie, too.

Good call, TD...didn't like that'n, either.

How about Outbreak? Dustin Hoffman, Renee Russo, Kevin Spacey, Cuba Gooding Jr, Morgan Freeman, Donald Sutherland...and that monkey from Friends.

Saving Private Ryan - Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Tom Sizemore, Vin Diesel, Barry Pepper, Giovanni Ribisi, with some bit parts by Paul Giamatti, Dennis Farina, and...Ted Danson?!

And KOS, you forgot Jackie Brown - Samuel L Jackson, Robert Deniro, Bridget Fonda, Michael Keaton, Robert Forster, Chris Tucker...

Oh, and Apollo 13 - Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, Ed Harris, Gary Sinise, Bill Paxton, Cathleen Quinlan...

Ooo, Gone in 60 Seconds - Nicholas Cage, Angelina Jolie, Robert Duvall, Giovanni Ribisi, Vinnie Jones, Will Patton, Delroy Lindo

Then there's Traffic - Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta Jones...Douglas, Don Cheadle, Benicio Del Toro

But as good as all these are, you guys forgot the ultimate in way-too-big-talented-big-name-cast movies - JFK! Kevin Costner, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Bacon, Gary Oldman, Joe Pesci, Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Laurie Metcalf, Michael Rooker, Sissy Spacek, Vincent D'onofrio, John Candy, and most've the rest of Hollywood...hey, does anyone consider Wayne Knight a big name? He was in that, too...

I could do this for days...

Yeeeeeeah... :D

Whatever happened to that hot women thread with all the great Claire Forlani pics? :D

'Nother great cast for an ok-romantic comedy:

America's Sweethearts - John Cusack, Julia Roberts, Catherine Zeta Jones, Billy Crystal, Hank Azaria, Christopher Walken, Stanley Tucci, Seth Green

I thought America's Sweethearts was hilarious. I thought it would have been better the way it was originaly intended, where Julia Roberts played the vain spoiled self-absorbed bitch, but she demanded to play the heroin. Oh well. Still a really funny movie. John Cusack is awesome.

And if you are willing to believe the admins, threads never get deleted, just moved around, so if you go looking for it, preferable by doing a search for it, you should find the thread you're looking for.

High Fidelity is definitely premium Cusack, but his best is Being John Malcovich. Movie that would HAVE to be on the poll: Sixteen Candles, Better Off Dead, Money for Nothing, Bullets Over Broadway, Grosse Pointe Blank, Being John Malkovich, High Fidelity and America's Sweethearts. That would leave two choices eft. Con Air maybe. I know lots of you don't like The Thin Red Line, so no on that, and...I don't know.

No one's denying the quality of Grosse Pointe Blank, but have you SEEN Being John Malcovich? That has to take the cake. These are all good movies, I don't have a problem with anyone voting for any one movie here. Not like in cartoon polls were someone can choose spongebob squarepants over the simpsons.

We also need a Johnny Deep poll, and a Brad Pitt poll.