Hondo's Bar

NBA Playoffs

gunsmithx

since it seems it was never started he's a playoff thread

So far it's been kinda all over the place but some very good games so far.

Current line ups are

Heat vs Celtics (1-0)

Grizzles vs Thunder (1-0)

Mavs vs Lakers (0-0)

Bulls vs Hawks (0-0)

This thread is for predictions, videos and of course the shit talking that is always in place wherever sport fans meet.

Oh and GO HEAT! :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. Lakers defeated the Hornets 4-2, so it's difficult for me to work up any enthusiasm for the playoffs right now.

And remember, kiddies: you can't spell "Kobe Bryant is a Homophobic Racist" w/out "Kobe Bryant is a Homophobic Racist!"

I'm rooting for the Mavs, but not hopeful they'll put Kobe & Co. down.

I am looking fwd to the comments between Benny & Panch once the Heat & Celtics get going though. :prod:

Mav steal game 1 and wtf is up with the bulls LOL

If I wasn't such a heat fan I'd almost root for a Grizz-hawks final!

That said if the heat win tonight the series is done, taking 4 out 5 from the heat would be too much for boston.

No idea how the okc-grizz will play out but I think OKC still takes it.

So far I'm thinking the winner of the heat-boston series will play the winner of the mavs-lakers.

Thats probably a series folks. I have serious doubts that Boston can win 4 out of 5 and frankly if the heat keep playing like last night no one is going to beat them. The scary part for the NBA should be that this will likely be their worst year and their worst team....

Yeah, I'll admit, things are looking pretty bleak for the Celtics right about now. Game 1's Pierce ejection was pure bullshit, but it is what it is. I doubt the Celts will go down without a fight though, and i'd be shocked if it was a sweep like some FB people are overly eager to predict.

Yeah, I'll admit, things are looking pretty bleak for the Celtics right about now. Game 1's Pierce ejection was pure bullshit, but it is what it is. I doubt the Celts will go down without a fight though, and i'd be shocked if it was a sweep like some FB people are overly eager to predict.

The only way they get swept is if they take game 3, then I think it's a sweep cause the way the Celts have been looking I'm not sure they can deal with 3-0.

As for the Ejection it was probably a touch hair trigger but pierce did it to himself as well, touching jones was beyond dumb and I think the refs just thought a fight might break out. That said Game 2 was rather calm on that front.

yea, total bullshit. how DARE they eject a guy for headbutting another player. the gall of those refs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWCsWGQe3Dg&feature=related

1) What deliberate headbutt? Crash into him? Yes, but headbutt? NBA officials have ruled it not. I really don't see it, but fine I'll give it to you. Technical #1.

2) Tech #2 is why he got ejected. It was just a screen. Pure bullshit. It might have changed the game had he stayed. 7 minutes in the 4th quarter is forever and a day in basketball. We might have still lost, but I wouldn't be calling foul. #2 had bs in it too, and yes there's bs in every game on both sides. But an ejection is a big deal.

3) Are you ready to admit you were wrong about me liking Lebron, Joel? I showed you proof. That's right.. YOU WERE WRONG.

4) Next game I think Boston will win. If we do, I think they can take the following game and make it 2-2. After that, who knows? If they lose this next one, it will be tough to comeback.

I dunno, Ben. Based on that clip I don't see how you can call BS on that ejection. Maybe a little harsh, maybe. But Pierce was been a complete douche and had no right to push his head into another player's face like that. This shit ain't hockey. These overly aggressive assholes calling themselves professionals need to play basketball and leave the assholery for the amateurs in the streets.

/old man "in my day" rant

:muggin:

If Boston wins the next two, it's gonna be a whole new series, but I don't think they will. Not with Miami playing this awesome. No one can. As far as the headbutt goes... that was a headbutt. No matter how soft or weak, that was Paul Pierce trying to be slick and showing his dominance over a lesser player. He would not of tried that with Lebron or Wade. He got away with it and got the tech. Deservedly so. The screen was fine, but D-Wade ain't dumb and knew what he was doing. He was protecting his teammate. All he had to do was set Pierce off one more time and he was outta there. The refs knew they let him slide with the headbutt and rectified the problem. Also, it was reported said something to Wade and they felt that was enough. Was it questionable? Maybe, but Pierce brought it upon himself. The guy is a baby. Always has been, always will be.

If Boston wins the next two, it's gonna be a whole new series, but I don't think they will. Not with Miami playing this awesome. No one can. As far as the headbutt goes... that was a headbutt. No matter how soft or weak, that was Paul Pierce trying to be slick and showing his dominance over a lesser player. He would not of tried that with Lebron or Wade. He got away with it and got the tech. Deservedly so. The screen was fine, but D-Wade ain't dumb and knew what he was doing. He was protecting his teammate. All he had to do was set Pierce off one more time and he was outta there. The refs knew they let him slide with the headbutt and rectified the problem. Also, it was reported said something to Wade and they felt that was enough. Was it questionable? Maybe, but Pierce brought it upon himself. The guy is a baby. Always has been, always will be.

That's what it was, getting in his face. And I'll take that he got face to face with him. But this is a headbutt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cidQtyy-ahM

I'll take Technical #1. Tech #2 was bs.

I'll also take that this is gonna be hard for Boston to turn around. I think it's possible, though.

Archived