Hondo's Bar

Games to Import

Mortiis558

I am starting this thread basically as a guide to show what games are worth importing that never made it to the U.S. (or your country of residence).

I want to mainly keep it to games that will work without much hacking/breaking of systems.

So if you know of a good game that never made it over here, list it here!

Kinda curious about this myself. The only game I've ever imported was an EU version of Shenmue 2 for the Dreamcast. If I remember correctly, I had to use a gameshark or something to get it to play.

PS3's are region free, right?

As far as 360 games go, it's a simple matter to just flash the drive. Plus, they're so afraid of having irate hackers shut down XBL for months that they probably aren't even banning anymore.

The closest to this I've ever done was getting translated ROMs of shit like Clocktower, Final Fantasy 5, and Secret of Mana 2, and Radical Dreamers for my SNES emulator.

Heh, yep there's a torrent out that I recently got that was 6666 games for everything ranging from NES, Mame, Neogeo, Artari, SNES, basically any cartridge consoles except DS. Good little package and it will all fit on a dvd. Actually it was around a gig for everything, which is crazy if you think about it.

But there are even some hard to find translated games I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. A lot of the Dragonquest games I wouldn't mind. And I got Tales of Phantasia, but I don't know if there are any other Tales games for SNES or N64. I'd love to get a PSX emulator going so I don't have to pay shit tons of cash for old ps1 rpg's. Though the PSN is doing a damn fine job of getting most of the good ones out. Also I know someone is a BIG Tales fan. If you read this, can you let me know which games came out on the ps1 for the Tales series?

I'd pretty much love if they'd release Dragon Force II in some way since we only got the first one on Saturn back in the day. Oh, and the entire Langrisser series would be great since we we only got "Warsong" here.

186277-dragon_force_2_large.jpg

I'd love to import them myself. I love those types of wargames and we just don't get enough of them over here.

It's a pretty simple anime warsim where you have no control over the units on the field other than issuing orders to them (ex: you can't control them individually, that's what the commanders are for). The first DF game came out here on Saturn and I loved it. (Also, the band Dragon Force pretty much took their logo from this game)

Langrisser is a similar concept just executed differently.

We used to have some contraption that let you play burned games on the PS1. That's how we played Thrill Kill. I just remember it involved the top of the disc tray being halfway open. Your roomie may remember more details.

I forgot about the Wii. How is that in terms of playing impor...(*) vhN7Y.jpg

I'd pretty much love if they'd release Dragon Force II in some way since we only got the first one on Saturn back in the day. Oh, and the entire Langrisser series would be great since we we only got "Warsong" here.

186277-dragon_force_2_large.jpg

I'd love to import them myself. I love those types of wargames and we just don't get enough of them over here.

You always give me reason to love you. :love:

As far as 360 games go, it's a simple matter to just flash the drive.

Shenmue II PAL all the way, and yeah, PS3's region free.

but no, j-tag/popular method of drive-flashing (not sure what the scene is like with the slims) doesn't automatically make your system region-free, sadly. i was really disappointed with this a while back; japanese 360 in particular has a number of great SHMUPS.

I need to figure out how to play/bootleg old PSX games because I really want to play Tomba without paying $70+.

PSXE is awesome, doesn't demand much either. Gotta play Vib Ribbon with it sometime.

the other alternative is to find a fatty PSP (should be pretty cheap soon enough with the vita dropping); i swear that thing's the best PS1 emulator out there.

I forgot about the Wii. How is that in terms of playing impor...(*)

jokes aside, this isn't at all right - there's an interesting import scene for the Wii. Xenoblade is being called the JRPG of this gen, Fatal Frame IV got a good fan patch, Disaster: Day of Crisis and Another Code R (Journey into Lost Memories) are both cool too, and there's several more ive not yet played. oh yeah, Mistalker (Sakaguchi, daddy of final fantasy) has Last Story coming out too. id argue there's more import titles that look interesting for the Wii than the other 2 systems.

that said, for PS3:

Siren_Blood_Curse.jpg

episodic on PSN, but the disc version (with english subs) is available in asia, and not even too expensive. I dug it, kinda meandered towards the end but then i was much more into Amnesia at the time. definitely worth playing for asian horror fans.

Aquanaut_holiday_ps3.png

really wish i could find this one for cheap (another one where asian version = subs), looks like Endless Ocean in HD.

id add the full version of Tales of Vesperia once the fan translation is done.

Super Robot Wars.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

apparently, yeah. i dont import (or buy, really) blu-rays, so the fact that it's region-free for gaming is all i was concerned with.

also, what it doesn't do is make shit that was region locked, free - i.e., DVDs and other region PS2 games are still a no-go.

Archived