Hondo's Bar

source

This fall, DC Comics will make a move to draw its Superman group of titles closer together even as it tears the Superman family apart. In November, across the 13th issues of "Superboy," "Supergirl" and "Superman," the publisher will launch a crossover story called "H'el On Earth" featuring an all-new villain culled from Krypton's mysterious past. The company announced its move on its The Source blog.

The action starts in "Superboy" #13 by Tom DeFalco and R.B. Silva where the Teen Titans and Supergirl hold witness to the Teen of Steel's horrific takedown before "Supergirl" #13 by Mike Johnson and Mahmud Asrar where Kara "finds herself agreeing with [H'el's] pro-Krypton/anti-Earth plans."

The crossover will wrap with "Superman" #13 where the Man of Steel enters the fray by Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rockafort in a battle with a villain DC described as "a creature of unknown Kryptonian origin who is not only more powerful than Superman, but is also smarter than Supergirl and more lethal than Superboy."

Check out the covers below, more info on The Source and stay tuned to CBR News for more on "H'el On Earth."

1344606357.jpg

1344606823.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

source

AZeGl.jpg

When DC Comics rebooted its entire line of superhero titles last year, the publisher did away with Superman’s marriage to Lois Lane to pave the way for a new romance. Without further ado, EW can exclusively reveal that Superman’s new partner in love is no mere mortal, but a superhero icon in her own right: None other than Wonder Woman. herself. Their next level relationship begins in the pages of Justice League #12

Dpw9T.jpg

supes41.jpg

this should answer your questions

black-cover.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Stick with it, once they figure out who the alternate Clark Kent is the book opens up. And Superman and his son is easily my favorite aspect of this book, but I'm also a dad so maybe that's why it appeals to me. I do reccomend you read both the regular Superman and Action Comics books, they're basically the same series and fairly complementary of one-another.

see i keep hearing Tomasi's run is great, and the book with superboy & damien is supposed to be enjoyable too...but typically i don't often enjoy family/legacy stuff like that. laura, viv, franklin richards etc - there's gotta be an interesting angle to keep me around, and the Eradicator stuff & meeting the justice league was cool but not enough to keep at it.

i'll take your word for it & put it back in queue for now though.

I promise you that the Eradicator/Doomsday arcs of Superman/Action Comics are easily the worst of the books. (Though it was nice to see Hacken randomly turn up in a Superman book, between that and Mawzir randomly appearing in Midnighter and Apollo I'm loving all the random fan-service to Hitman.) The dynamic between Superman, Lois, and Superboy remains great. It's kind of that Renew Your Vows Spider-Man book over at Marvel but done better, and the re-introduction of Luther and other characters works well. As a person who gave no fucks about Superman his entire life, I can tell you I'm quite pleased with these books. They're not as good as the new Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan Green Lantern, or Batman/Detective Comics books but they're a lot better than All-Star Batman, Blue Beetle, Cyborg, or Green Lanterns.

alright then, back in the pile it goes. and wait, Aquaman & WW have been good? ive only kept up with Green Arrow & Hal Jordan, the latter had a few rough spots but im still with it for now. kinda needed a break from bats after Snyder's run finally tied up, and while i don't recall making it through the first issue of Constantine i keep hoping to hear back that it found its feet as well.

I can't stand Snyder's Batman, I think his books are so fucking pretentious and dumb (he reminds of Mark Millar without all the deviant sex and edgelord hardcore stuff) but James Tynion IV (who's writing Batman and Detective Comics) is great. Batman's got a team composed of Batwoman, Spoiler, Cassandra Cain, Red Robin, and Clayface! (later some characters leave and Batwing and Jean-Paul Valley Azrael tag in.) The Monster Men crossover is great and Detective Comics has the best Cassandra Cain story I've ever read. Stay away from All-Star Batman

Aquaman is by Dan Abnett and he is doing for Aquaman and Atlantis what he and Andy Lanning did for the Marvel cosmic universe. Which is to say, unboringifying it. The breakout character is unquestionably Mera. Right at the moment he's been deposed of his throne and is basically playing the Batman of Atlantis.

Wonder Woman is the most ideal version of the character to exist, they rebooted her origin story again but Greg Rucka has basically cherry-picked all the best qualities from all the various versions of Diana and made a really strong book that just does everything I've ever wanted with her. It's the best Wonder Woman book since George Perez's run in the 80s. It may even be the best DC book currently going.

• 5 months later...

Action1000-LeeCVR2-hirez.jpg?q=35&w=864&

Action Comics #1000, coming on April 18th, is going to be one of the biggest comics ever. It's gonna be Brian Michael Bendis' DC Comics debut, and it's got a stellar lineup of writers and artists including Richard Donner, Geoff Johns, Paul Dini, Jim Lee, Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Gleason, José Luis García-López, Tom King, Clay Mann, Jordie Bellaire, Brad Meltzer, John Cassaday, Laura Martin, Louise Simonson, Jerry Ordway, Scott Snyder and Tim Sale.

all you weirdos who needed supes in trunks, rejoice! 

• 1 month later...