Hondo's Bar

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Yeah, I'm sure it looks great on BR, but is the BR that much better than the DVD for me to cough up another $8? And I know the price is great, but this was a film that I got suckered in to buying two copies of back in the day. They pulled the old bare-bones single disc release then months later came out w/ the mack daddy version that I also bought, which is what this BR looks to be.

“An old man dies, a little girl lives. Fair trade.” *BANG*

Ah. Yes. Good line. My bit came earlier in the barn, right?

• 3 months later...
While it was originally set to be released on October 4th, 2013, the new release date for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is August 22nd, 2014. No reason has been given for the delay. The sequel to 2005's Sin City weaves together two of Frank Miller's classic stories with new tales in which the town’s most hard boiled citizens cross paths with some of its more repulsive inhabitants. Directed by Miller and Robert Rodriguez, the impressive cast includes Eva Green, Jessica Alba, Mickey Rourke, Josh Brolin, Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=81757#Pz4x4PzWFYfLmMXD.99

It's more than a cameo though, post-op Dwight takes up a good fourth of the story. And I am holding out hope that they've just swept this under the rug and aren't talking about it because it's a surprise, but it's hard to believe anybody can keep that good a secret these days.

I share Baytor's concerns over Clive Owen as nu-Dwight. It'd be nice to have one cohesive Sin City film-verse that matched w/ the previous film.

Yeah seriously Haku, buy it, you won't regret it.

Went back on sale on amazon for $5, so I scooped it up. I now own 3 copies of Sin City. Fucking peer pressure. smh.

• 2 weeks later...