Hondo's Bar

New tomb raider

spiffytee

So i just watched the intro movie for this game and was quite suprised at the redesign of the character. Let me just say i like what they've done a lot - making Laura Croft more human and vunerable instead of her typical barbie doll/rambo look. I also was suprised that square enix had a hand in the game design. Have any hondonians played this yet? What do you think of the game if you have?

tomb_raider_2013-wallpaper-2048x1152.jpg

Its a great game man! I, personally, have never had an interest in the Tomb Raider franchise. I just rented this one cause it was one of the newer things out, but I ended up loving it. I think my biggest gripe was, surprisingly, the graphics. At least during cutscenes where there wasn't enough facial stuff going on with the characters, but other than that (which isnt much) I think this is a must play.

This game is hella good. I remember tomb raider being the bane of my controller woes....

This game is a complete redo. And everything about it (besides multiplayer) is awesome.

Totally disagree about the graphics. The environments n were overwhelmingly immersive, i thought. But voice acting was kinda weak imo.

So because of this thread, I wanted to look a the trailer for this.

But I'm really bothered by the fact that they opened up (around 0:20) with the classic "orient the camera close up upside-down on someone hanging upside-down and turn it rightside-up as you pan out to reveal they are hanging upside-down" thing, but her bangs were hanging it front of her face. It kinda took me out of it. The rest of it looks good though. Does it play like Uncharted?

But I'm really bothered by the fact that they opened up (around 0:20) with the classic "orient the camera close up upside-down on someone hanging upside-down and turn it rightside-up as you pan out to reveal they are hanging upside-down" thing, but her bangs were hanging it front of her face. It kinda took me out of it.

In the Tomb Raider series, it's poor form to criticize any camera angle that focuses on anything other than cleavage or Lara's ass because it's rare and you have to appreciate the game creators taking chances and getting out of their comfort zone.