Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Geoguessr contest

Jumbie

Define 'guess'. Like you guessed Colorado knowing it might be Utah and hit 0.022?

No, in the game you submit your answer by hitting the button labeled "Make guess," so when I said "guess" I meant to submit an answer. It was a very "educated guess." The start location was on a bridge and I found the bridge on the map.

Edited by Reverend Jax

Score = 20,739 

Challenge.

I got one lucky guess, one that was fairly easy w/ some roaming, and two super easy spots (one I was only 0.169km off!).

And one spot I totally pulled a Jax and should've went with my instincts (instead of believing that evil lying mailbox). I only got 81 pts on that one. Fucking Wisconsin! You lie, mailbox. You. Lie.

Ha, you'd think that... But it was the airport district, so even the huge signs on the buildings were in romanized letters for things like 'Korean Air' etc. Plus there was a bus in the street with the words, 'Incheon Airport Shuttle' on it.

I got landed INSIDE A FUCKING CHURCH. What the actual fuck. I can't get out.

I got placed at the end of a long pier in Belize and couldn't move once. It happens. I'm just lucky I guess that it was the Caribbean. If I had guess the Pacific islands, it would have tanked my score.

That's my highest yet. Prolly not saying much, but I'm proud of myself because I finally got it through my thick skull that palm trees can exist outside of Florida. In this case, couple them with very 1930-esque small town buildings and red dirt and you get Cucamilla or whatevs Australia.

I also fel very idiotic because I tried to advance forward to read the license plate on a car that was on the road. But no matter how many times I clicked, the care stayed equidistant from the camera. Then I finally had my 'duh' moment and realized the car was in motion as was the Google Cam car.

I will take my idiocy elsewhere now.