Hondo's Bar

X-Men: Apocalypse

The NZA

LOL! That should totally have been in there!

That set-up is such a gold-mine: 'Oh my god! Is that one of them?!' Everybody giving Nightcrawler 20 feet of personal space...clerks trying their hardest to be politically correct...maybe somebody not liking 'one of them' acting like people...

Ripe w/ potential. Maybe it just didn't fit.

• 3 months later...

...this was good!

we're not gonna get a proper AOA until one day down the road when there's good $/writing into an x-men show, and it'd be like season 4 or 5 anyway

but apocalypse was good here, i wanted "survival of the fittest" a bit more than i got but they came around on it. the universe-building was great, Weapon X was fantastic (though slight complaint? i don't know that i ever actually saw him being shot/healing during the cool fight),, i really like what we ended with, and it's kinda funny that we end on a note where, yeah, in a non-shared universe where no one else has powers? holy shit, nobody'd like or trust mutants after that, haha

the payoff at the end with the classic-esque costumes & sentinel brawl was solid fanservice. really like how this trilogy turned out, after the last one took such a hard nosedive that they had to joke about it here