Hondo's Bar

X-Men: Apocalypse

The NZA

jlaw & others look good! angel's costume needs work, and why is sanza stark here

d8AEMk.gif

i hope he's bigger for most of the movie, like this

EMsryIl.jpg

oh and some of the effects...i hope these are pretty early on

animation1rkq9t.gif

MBD2mqB.gifT0cpb5W.gif

tumblr_nhyhkv6OMR1tym9coo1_500.gif

this (and jubes) was a highlight too

N9UiILs.gif

wnHWFps.gifvRmHzRa.gif

UFKIe7g.gif

sPY3PRE.jpgapoc-drill.gif

• 1 month later...

Bryan Singer Compares X-MEN: APOCALYPSE To GAME OF THRONES; Plus New BTS Pic

130191.jpg

Sites have begun to release details of their X-Men: Apocalypse set visits, and here we get some interesting info on the movie from director Bryan Singer, as well as a new behind-the-scenes image of James McAvoy (Charles Xavier) and Michael Fassbender (Magneto). Click on to take a look...

Follow Mark:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png

By Mark Cassidy - 1/20/2016

CZKyIHJWAAAtgvn.jpg

Yahoo! is the first website to post the details of their visit to the Montreal set of X-Men: Apocalypse, and there are some intriguing new tidbits to sort through. It's clear from reading through the various interviews that this is going to be the bleakest installment yet in a franchise that's not exactly known for its light-heartedness anyway.

Director Bryan Singer likens his film to HBO's vicious fantasy series Game Of Thrones - and not just because his sequel stars Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark). "I’m a huge ‘Game Of Thrones’ fan,”he tells Yahoo Movies. “There’s a crossover between ‘X-Men’ and ‘Game Of Thrones’, they’re both about a younger generation finding their powers, finding out who they are, and what their place in the world is. I like how the show’s about different groups of people moving towards a common goal. They don’t even know if that’s the right goal, who wants to sit on that uncomfortable throne? I don’t! Everyone in King’s Landing is miserable. But for some reason they want that power.”

Elsewhere there are comparisons made to Francis Ford Coppola's dark odyssey Apocalypse Now, and it's mentioned that two principal characters are "on the verge of death" when we first reconnect with them. Yikes!

It won't all be grimdark misery though - click the link below for more. X-Men: Apocalypse will be released on May 19, 2016

• 1 month later...

I'm sill on board - I would much rather watch X-Men Apocalypse than B v S. I thought Days of Future Past was enjoyable - more so than Man of Steel (which I also enjoy - despite it not being a very good 'Superman' flick...I think it's a pretty kew sci-fi flick).

This trailer just seems like the kinda stuff you'd expect from a movie based on X-Men: colorful super powers and subtle content for the brain. Set in the 80s? Oh-ho! Just try to stop me! I'm sure I'll eventually own B v S on blu, but if I had to pick one or the other to rent first...shit, gimme some Apocalypse.

X3 really derailed the whole thing. Just horrible - same w/ Wolverine Origins...I give 'em credit for trying to salvage what was started in 2000. In source material loaded w/ alternate timelines n' dimensions - why not? X-Men could easily have been rebooted 3 times over by now. X1 n' 2 are good - New Class n' Days were by no means abominations.

• Upvote 1

havnet yet watched said trailer, but i'm with nemo here -first class turned that ship around after the abomination that was x3, and DOFP was an enjoyable film too...still on board, though admittedly my hopes are less high here

right, but i thought DOFP was kinda tying things up? like, the point was to wipe out X3, and we got it - even at the cost of losing 2, sadly. wait, is this one going in the past much? i thought we were now in the present timeline, for the most part...i mean, flashbacks to egypt & such aside

Huh. Guess i'm in the minority here, but that trailer has definitely been the best so far and it gives me hope this film won't be the trainwreck those early EW pics with purple Apocalypse led me to believe it could be. Looks like they got A's skin color correct. Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Storm, and the Mystique costume all look on point as well. More Quicksilver is a good thing, too. I'm with Axels in still looking fwd to BvS more than this, but I'm looking fwd to that more than pretty much any other movie in 2016.

right, but i thought DOFP was kinda tying things up? like, the point was to wipe out X3, and we got it - even at the cost of losing 2, sadly. wait, is this one going in the past much? i thought we were now in the present timeline, for the most part...i mean, flashbacks to egypt & such aside

Actually, Apocalypse is gonna take place in the early 80s. Flashbacks to Egypt - but it's a period piece like Days was.

Days was a total reboot...

In the original timeline:

First Class happened, then Mystique killed Trask - was captured n' experimented on, then X1,2,3 happened, then came the end of the world...after 50 years of playing w/ Mystique's DNA - and the creation of the perfect Sentinel.

Days changed everything after First Class. With Mystique having a change of heart, the original timeline was obliterated and became a blank slate. Also, originally Wolverine and Sabretooth were recruited together by Stryker in 'Nam...for inclusion into his 'special team' starring Will.i.am...eventually going adamantium.

At the end of Days - disguised as Stryker - Mystique handles Wolverine's recovery from the river. Things are already different - it can go anywhere at this point.

I don't think they're at a dead-end - I actually think there's plenty of potential and a lot they can do until they reach 'the not too distant future...' I think it's great having the 'first flick' of the new continuity taking place in the 80s w/ a bald Prof., Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Jubilee...against Apocalypse?! C'mon - lemme check ur pants...how you not hard?