Hondo's Bar

X-Men: Apocalypse

The NZA

I agree with Nemo's spoiler up there. DoFP felt like a complete reboot for the franchise, a la JJ Abram's Star Trek. I don't think they have to "catch up" to Singer's original X-Men in anyway now. And if Fox really wants to keep Hugh Jackman cast as Wolverine in this rebooted timeline, which they really want to do, then when Jackman finally retires from the roll they can just introduce a Weapon X clone and cast a younger actor.

Hmm? Meh. Jackman's suggestion of Tom Hardy as his successor would go above him. But I want, tiny, comic book WOLVERINE in and orange and brown costume with a mask, or at least some approximation of it. No idea which actor could do that though. Maybe Jon Snow if he put on some muscle mass could do a young Wolverine?

Dude seems dedicated to his craft. Enduring all kinda shit on Hell on Wheels. A once in a lifetime role playing one of the most iconic comic characters in history? I can see him dropping weight/getting ripped for it. Besides, HoW is about seven episodes from finishing. Mount has proven he's leading man material.

• 5 weeks later...

Artist reveals unused Apocalypse design for latest X-men film

6lYFHmF.jpg

3rDrmnz.jpg

Ironheas Studio -- the costume design company headed by superhero movie artist extraordinaire Jose Fernandez -- stopped by Monsterpalooza 2016, in the company's first-ever convention appearance, to discuss the various helmets and suits they've made, in addition to showing off an unused Apocalypse design that successfully rips the character right from the comics

Fernandez created the unused Oscar Isaac Apocalypse mold, after another studio was ultimately chosen for the design, as a personal challenge.

Fernandez discussed his work in the superhero movie industry with Tested, reflecting on his earliest professional work, with his design for the "Batman Returns" Catwoman costume, to his most recent projects, like "Captain America: Civil War" and "Batman v Superman."

After reimagining the Catwoman costume, Fernandez went on to work on the various movie batsuits -- eventually going on to design Christian Bale's cowl, which was the first to allow a Batman actor to turn their head.

cFGErCA.jpg

6CpSEOX.jpg

I dig the more ornate look of the design they went with.

For all his talk of helping the species through survival of the fittest etc, Apocalypse has only ever been a wannabe king and this suits him more than the astronaut suit looking version.

That was an imaginary story, Nick. Imaginary!

Stick to what happened in the real world.

- - - -

Well to be honest, Apocalypse has been said to rule in many places over the millennia even in the 616 timeline, so he has actually accomplished being a king in the 'real' world too. But he keeps coming back to be king, not to be some kind of weird curator/shepherd/scientist type. So he's a perpetual wannabe king.

Sinister on the other hand, he's the real deal.

Speaking of which, anybody check if Sinister is in this new movie in some form, maybe hinted at? They want to do Cable/X-force as a movie and they finally have a Scott and Jean pair again...

Edited by Jumbie

yeah, Sinister's a tinkerer. ive never seen him even want to rule.

i know it sounds funny in a thread about Apocalypse's design, but...how would Sinister work? that entire outfit has to change (which is fine), would you still want him albino/soulpatch/red jewel in the forehead or nah? i'm prepared for any answers here except the Ultimate version

I think a lot of what gets put into a movie costume has to do with what the cameras can pick up on a technical level and I've heard that pale skin is a very hard thing to work with, so who knows?

Got to keep the red diamond though at any rate. Trademark.

The goofy tendril cape might actually work too if it's animated right.