Hondo's Bar

X-Men: Apocalypse

The NZA

• 2 months later...

Apocalypse is my all-time favorite Marvel villain. Cannot wait for this movie! Singer's new commentary for The Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past offers some cool insight on his vision and plans for the character - he really gets into it towards the end of the movie. Pretty awesome stuff. Powerful themes he's gonna be playing with.

"Annoying insects! I cannot be touched. I cannot be harmed. Watch me and tremble, for I bring the purity of oblivion to your woooorld." Epicness in the house!

LOL! - "Now where's my autograph book?!"

I get the headdress, but I'd totally prefer the cueball look.

He should also have those thick, dark wires on his face and lips...what is going on with his head?! He does look like Ooze!

Can't wait to see more. I'm sure that his formal, deity gear. Kinda reminds me of the movie Stargate.

Psylocke is on point though.

He looks like the child of Ronan the Accuser and Batman & Robin's Mister Freeze.

And toss in those guards from Stargate into that awful sauce.

And again, why is he looking so purple in that pic with Psylocke and Storm? On the EW cover he at least looks a decent hue of blue. I was hoping for a more iconic look to him though. Kinda like this dude...

image.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe there's a purple explosion going off in the distance.

There's this logic that fans are sick of seeing the same ol' costume that they're used to. Fans want something different that they've never seen before.

Personally, I want that Comic-Con Apocalypse. I want to see the visual image that I love. I understand not everything translates well to the big-screen, but...I don't know. I think Apocalypse's comic-book look in the hands of professional movie makers, could have been something bad-ass. Amazing Spider-man 2 was god-awful, but they seem to have gotten the costume memo.

"What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?"

does-wolverine-finally-suit-up-for-hugh-jackman-s-one-last-time-as-seen-in-the-wolveri-337527.jpg

Maybe not spandex.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet as I'm working. I thought it might be too soon, apologies for the bum steer.

Edit- You'd think I'd have learned after sitting through a Suicide Squad trailer that I found out after the fact was mostly cobbled together from bits of Focus and Arrow.

Edited by The JZA

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

God I wish X-Men were back at Marvel. After that Bat v Supes trailer it really puts into perspective how amazing Marvel markets its movies and the planning that goes into them. If the X-Men were over there it would be something incredible. I really hope Apocalypse is good though.