Hondo's Bar

Fear The Walking Dead

Keth

Ok that finale pulled me back in, that was good.

Business Suit guy is badass. He picked up a picture that we didn't see who was in it. Would be cool if it was Michonne or Morgan in that picture frame and they were related somehow. I don't wanta whole lot of connections with the two shows, but just as a little easter egg it would be cool. Or even if we saw that character on the main series, provided he's still alive in that timeline.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hooooly shit that was boring.

Stran (sp?) is fucking awesome though. If he bites the dust I'm going to have a serious time believe this family can survive for more than a day

Edited by Axels

Yeah it works for 6 episodes, but they gotta pick it up

Ruben Blades (One of the best names of all time) is indeed cool too. Those 3 are definitely my faves as well. The opening, while silly as fuck (HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY REAL WEAPONS?!) was cool for the firebombing stuff and zombie face to propeller.

I had a "I need to slap you" moment for just about every character though. Especially that girl. Pretty much anytime she was on screen. Stop talking to strangers!

I'm caught up on S2 and agree Strand, Mr. El Salvador, and Junkie kid are the standouts so far. Junkie kid's mom hopefully learned a lesson in S2E2. Ditto for her dumbass millenial daughter. I just hope FTWD doesn't spend too much more time retreading themes and "character lessons" on morality in the zombpocalypse that TWD has already explored.

The editing and pacing of the show is also a bit, um, off-putting. I'm tuning in expecting it to be paced more like TWD, which is a fair expectation, I think.

I was hoping for more horror in this show. I'm not for all of this family drama. Ep 2 was better than 1, but these people need to wise up. I hope there is a bit of a time jump at some point so there aren't so many Loris and Corals hanging around.

So this last episode was probably the best one yet and felt the most like The Walking Dead.

I fucking hate the parents. They have absolutely no chemistry and that intimate moment at the beginning was cringey as fuck. They so want the dad to be the main character, but if they had any sense they would kill him off and give the reigns to Super Junkie. I feel like him and Dwight would get along for some reason.

Daughter was less annoying this go, but still has a ways to go to claw her way out of Lori status.

Angsty son has got to go though.

I liked that moment at the end with Strand cutting those people off of the boat. It would have had more impact if that mom could act. She is so fucking wooden and it looks so obvious she doesn't want to be there. I don't see her making it through the season.

I mean... lots of negative stuff in that spoiler, but the episode wasn't bad this time. Keep going in this direction and we may have something worth sticking around for.

Edited by Axels

See, I thought the opposite. This season is really dragging along for me. The episode had its moments, but I'm over the ignorance of these characters. First season was fun because it was such a change of pace from The Walking Dead. I was happy for things to slow down. Now... I'm annoyed by it.

I'm more with axels on S2E3, I thought it took a turn for the better. I think this season will be kind of "Twilight Zone-ish" in that it seems like the writers want to show a different aspect of the zombpocalypse in each episode thus far. Survivalists, pirates, plane crash. Speaking of plane crashes, did anyone watch the webseries that led into this episode? Is it worth seeing?

Crab guy walker was a great bit of SFX! Even if Nick falling in the pit was a cringe worthy bit of melodrama. Nick showing up all bloody and saving the day was great though. Ophelia's line about his fashion sense being "geriatric chic" was good, too.

* I'm guessing Mom is gonna be the Rick of this show. She needs to get her hands dirty and prove herself "in the field" soon though.

* I agree the couple has no chemistry. Maybe that's gonna be part of the story line. The dude seemed to feel a "drift" and mentioned it this episode as well.

* The fact I can't remember this Maori actor's character name goes to show how blah his character is. The writing staff needs to get their shit together because I'm really wanting to give a shit about these characters.

* Overly protective Asian chick seemed badass. Sorry to see her cut off (Strand is Cooool hearted!) But I've got a feeling she will show up again.

*I'm hoping this Chris kid turns into a certified homicidal sociopath. I can see his story going where someone has to take him down and make him "look at the flowers" like Lizzie.

* Strand's story about this place in Mexico is bullshit, right? I'm wondering who is on the other side of that sat-phone. Abigail? His daughter maybe? Parent/child bonds and family seems to be a big theme for these other characters, so I'd guess kid over wife for Abigail.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 3 weeks later...

It's not bad, just uneven (That fucking dockside exchange this last episode was cringe worthy.) and worse than it's "parent" show, which makes it look bad. Core characters are transitioning into the whole survival in zombpocalypse mode at better clip these last two episodes. Nick is there already. Nick's mom needs to realize her 20-something son doesn't need her permission for shit, especially in this world. That whole outlook is getting old quick. I like the whole "Mission: Mexico" plot going on currently and am curious to see where it goes.

I'm also hoping Chris ends up like Lizzie and has to look at the flowers. I'm kinda at the point now where if any other plot line happens with him I'll be pissed. Kid is a major douche and the only thing making me like him right now is the hope he will go full-on sociopath and Capt. Torturer or Nick will put him down.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the S2 mid-season finale just aired and. . .

Ugh...This show is just so dumb.

It's not good.

Fair-Enough-Agreement-In-Lord-Of-The-Rings-Reaction-Gif.gif

Yeah, after the way more bad than good the last two episodes I feel like this series needs a new show runner. I like the idea of exploring how other cultures would deal with the zombpocalypse, I just don't think they're exploring it in an interesting or very entertaining way. The editing and pacing is choppy, performances are meh to okay, and the dialogue/writing has just been, to put it mildly, inconsistent Do y'all think Frank Darabont could be lured back to save this ship?

Darabont was pretty damn salty after his split, so I dont think it's likely. I need to catch up, but I agree with Panch. Nick and Strand are pretty good characters, even when surrounded by a literal ship of dummies.

Darabont had that mob miniseries with Bernthal post-TWD on TV, so I think it's innacurate to say Darabont won't be "doing much with TV ever again." Unlesss you meant to write "AMC" and not TV in general.

Anyway, I know it's wishful thinking that Dranont would return to the franchise, but if you can't fanboy out on wishful thinking on Hondo's then wtf are any of us even doing here?