Hondo's Bar

Fear The Walking Dead

Keth

Cast Breakdown

The fresh batch of survivors are described as:

• SEAN CABRERA: A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.
  • CODY CABRERA: Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.
  • NANCY TOMPKINS: A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.
  • NICK TOMPKINS: Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.
  • ASHLEY TOMPKINS: Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.
  • ANDREA CHAPMAN: A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

All of these characters are original, which falls in line with Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman’s previous statements that the spinoff will be completely unattached to the long-running comic book series. There is another character named Andrea in this cast, although she sounds drastically different from the original Andrea introduced in the comics and first television series.

Andrea is also the only character not related to any other character in the principal cast. Whereas most of the members of The Walking Dead’s sprawling ensemble were initially strangers, the majority of this comparatively tiny cast are blood relatives.

The official title and synopsis of the series remain a mystery, although TVLine previously reported a rumor that the series will take place in the early days of the outbreak. There is one thing we do know: the show won’t be set in Georgia like its sister series.

The new Walking Dead series has a tentative 2015 release date.

Edited by Axels

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

THE WALKING DEAD Companion Series Gets Two Season Order; Details And Image Released

116417.jpg

AMC has today announced that their untitled companion series to The Walking Dead (rumoured to be called Fear The Walking Dead) has received a two season order. You can get details on that, the premise of the spinoff, how many episodes it will run for, and the first official image right here...

The Hollywood Reporter reveals that following the filming of the pilot, the still untitled companion series to The Walking Dead has now been ordered to series and renewed for a second season. The first season is set to run for six one hour long episodes (just like the first run of its parent series) and will premiere "late summer" with season two following in 2016. Robert Kirkman co-wrote the pilot with Dave Erickson (Sons of Anarchy) and Adam Davidson is directing. According to the site, "the series is a prequel that takes place in Los Angeles at the onset of the zombie outbreak." The cast includes Cliff Curtis (Gang Related), Kim Dickens (House of Cards), Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince), and Alycia Debnam Carey (Into the Woods). Here's the first image:

TWD-full-f9b56.jpg

"We take incredibly seriously the notion of building a satisfying companion series to the No. 1 show on television. From the beginning of The Walking Dead on AMC, we’ve been asked questions about what was going on in other parts of the zombie apocalypse, and what it looked like as the world really did ‘turn.’ Through this new series, we’re going to find out." AMC president Charlie Collier said in a statement released today announcing the two season order of the series. "Robert Kirkman, Dave Erickson and their writing team, along with an incomparable set of producers, cast and crew have created something remarkable and clearly distinct. We respectfully follow the request of Monty Python as we bring out (the latest of) our Dead."

"We feel empowered by this two-season commitment, a serious show of faith from our network partner AMC," Kirkman added. "I personally take it as a sign that they believe, like we do, that we've accomplished our goal of developing something original that can pay tribute to the original show and expand the world I created while at the same time having something new to say with this story. I’m very grateful that we now have the opportunity to tell this amazing story and show the fans that we really haven't scratched the surface yet when it comes to The Walking Dead."

• 3 weeks later...

After the season 5 finale of TWD I re-watched S1 (Still holds up.) and liked the last two CDC episodes a lot more than I remembered liking them the first go-round. I know this is set in LA, but I hope since this series deals more with the initial outbreak we'll see more of what Doc Jenner mentioned in those episodes about the French being closest to a cure, the final days of the CDC, and his wife, aka "TS-19."

ASC, I thought I remembered reading Kirkman saying somewhere there would be a connection, albeit a small one to TWD. If I am remembering correctly, then Jenner seems like a good candidate. Either way, connection or not, I'm glad we won't have to wait until October to get more Walking Dead.

• 4 weeks later...

Hulu gets streaming rights

Hulu users will have access to Fear The Walking Dead prior to each season’s network premiere!

Online streaming service Hulu acquired the exclusive subscription video on demand rights to new and upcoming primetime scripted series from AMC (as well as IFC, BCC America, SundanceTV and WE tv).

That means they’ll be getting a whole host of new comedies and dramas, but most notably: The Walking Dead companion series Fear the Walking Dead!

Hulu’s Chief Executive Officer had this to say: “AMC Networks has an incredible reputation and track record in producing captivating storytelling across a variety of genres for true connoisseurs of television. This huge partnership guarantees that Hulu viewers will soon be able to enjoy the newest slate of premium programming from some of the top cable networks.”

A date has not yet been announced as to when the content will be available on the site.

Oh man! How many of you are Hulu users? Will you be using it to refresh yourself before new seasons of FEAR? Comment and let us know!

Edited by Axels

yeah, they also picked up Seinfeld for like a kajillion dollars...kinda sucks, hulu's my least favorite streaming service right now. bishop has the paid sub, and not only are there ads (a fuckton on stuff like Constantine), but worse yet, they often don't keep older eps at all. wanna catch up on Hannibal? fuck you, here's the last 3 episodes of season 2....that's the kinda thing i'd expect from a free account, not a paid one

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

so, how'd the first episode find everybody?

bit've decompression/slow pacing across that hour and a half, but i'm down. the homage bits were fun, and it looks like we won't be spending too much time before high levels of shit hit the fan.

The Walking Dead to show airline zombie attack in stand-alone special

What if an episode of The Walking Dead was set on a passenger airliner before civilization had fallen?

That’s basically what AMC is planning in a highly unusual — if not totally unprecedented — new special that’s set during the time period of the hit drama’s companion series, Fear the Walking Dead.

Here’s the plan: EW has exclusively learned AMC is producing a half-hour special that will tell a stand-alone story following a group of passengers facing a walker attack on an airline while in flight. One character who survives that encounter will then join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead in season 2. So, yes: Zombies on a Plane.

Previously, AMC has had stand-alone The Walking Dead online web series, but the network never used such content to introduce a new character before they joined the show. The airline attack story will debut online, and will unfold this in chapters that will air during Walking Dead’s on-air telecasts. In other words: You’re watching The Walking Dead, AMC cuts to commercial break, then you get a chapter in the as-yet-untitled stand-alone airline attack drama.

Beyond that, details are scarce. We assume the flight is headed to Los Angeles, since that’s the setting of Fear (L.A. residents, insert your LAX-is-already-run-by-zombies joke here). Our lingering questions: What’s the stand-alone content called? Who is the new character being introduced and who will play them? (Presumably AMC will be reluctant to release that because that would then reveal which passenger survives.) How many pieces of this interstitial will there be, and across how many Walking Dead episodes will it air?

tumblr_mg26f4rzgC1r949f9o1_500.gif

fWWQy29.jpg

Also had fun with the first episode. All of the characters are a little bland, but none of them are early Carl/Lori unlikable. I don't know how they can keep t interesting past maybe a second season though, but I'm liking it so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Y'all still with this. Last ep was pretty good, if not still a little slow for my taste.

That plane at the end is gonna where the web series is gonna take place I bet.

Also just ready to see shit hit the fan even harder. I'm questioning some of the characters' reactions to this whole thing. Like the white mom, she kills her principle earlier and cries it out in an afternoon, but when she sees her neighbor like that she's trying to talk to her and say "oh she's sick"? I get this is early on and they don't really know what they are dealing with yet, but come on.

Episodes two and three definitely stepped up the game. Blonde mom = Rick?

One of the main differences between watching this series and watching TWD for me is that in TWD I'm anxious over characters I like dying. However, w/ FTWD I'm more anxious characters I dislike won't die soon enough...

...I'm looking at you teenage biracial son of Middle-Eastern dad and Latina mother. Ditto for your pops if he doesn't get his priorities in order toot sweet.