Keth

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Eh. I watched the online webisodes last month and was not impressed. The S3 trailers didn't impress me either. So I'm debating on dropping it and just not starting S3. Right now I'm just myself I've got enough TV/movies to keep me distracted (true) so I'll binge it later (possibly false).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

‘The Walking Dead’ & ‘FearTWD’ Crossover Will Feature Lennie James On Spinoff

The long awaited crossover between The Walking Dead and spinoff Fear The Walking Dead will see Lennie James’ Morgan Jones character bridging the stories between the two series and moving to the latter.

This doesn’t mean that the Morgan character will be leaving TWD, even as James prepares to start filming on FearTWD tomorrow morning in Austin, Texas  – at least not right away.  “Even though Morgan is going to be featured on Fear, he has a lot of story left on The Walking Dead,” said showrunner Scott M. Gimple in a statement read out on Talking Dead on Sunday. “Morgan’s arch on The Walking Dead Season 8 positioned him for the story on Fear,” the EP added. “It was also important to see Fear‘s world and characters through new yet familiar eyes.” 

James’ first day on the FearTWD set will be partially live streamed online it was also announced tonight.

The revelation of James’ eventual exit from the mother show came tonight on AMC’s post-TWD chat show, the durable Talking Dead with TWD‘s Melissa McBride, new cast member Avi Nash and indefatigable director and Comic Book Men co-star Kevin Smith on the guest couch. Revving up the ratings hopes as well as the hype machine that has been going since executive producer Robert Kirkman first made the crossover official in October at New York Comic-Con, news of the cast announcement was dropped online earlier this weekend as America recovered from its Thanksgiving feast and Black Friday shopping frenzy.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline.com/2017/11/the-walking-dead-crossover-character-revealed-lennie-james-fear-the-walking-dead-robert-kirkman-amc-1202214715/amp/

While I'm excited for the two shows to crossover and I LOVE Lennie James, I'm kinda bummed it wasn't Abraham. It just makes more sense. Natural. Morgan feels shoe-horned or forced. I don't know. I'll be watching either way.

• 11 months later...

I only recently started/finished this. It's everything you'd want in a zombie show. Hell, you can nix the walking dead (mostly) from the title. The characters feel real, it doesn't outstay its welcome in its seasons (im looking at you farmhouse) and I found  it really enjoyable when walking dead main was a little off-course. 

Sooooo....watched S4E9-11 tonight annnnnnd I'm not sure I like where this is going in the back end of the season. It's turning into an anthology-type show where we only follow one main character each episode. I need more interweaving of established main characters stories to keep my interest. And in episode 11 we get introduced to A LOT of new characters...

S4E1-11 spoilers below...

I don't need a whole episode of Alicia & Charlie or a separate whole episode of Morgan. I need more weaving of these characters' stories together--like in episode 9. So I'm guessing it's gonna be Just Al & June for an episode then John & Strand for an episode? Meh. I love these new characters and I don't like that we're already getting two episodes away from seeing them. Also, I don't love that Nick and Madison were killed. (Well, I wouldn't put it past TWD to have Madison not be dead).  It was sad to see how his character grew then regressed only to never get a shot (pun intended) at redemption. Tragic.

I'm definitely gonna finish S4, I'm hooked on June, John, and Al's stories. Morgan's has possibilities. I'm not sure about Charlie and Alicia though.

Edit:

The concerns in the spoilers were unfounded. They switched back to the intertwining storyline format by E12. 

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
derp

On 11/15/2018 at 10:39 PM, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

John is Fear's Daryl. If he dies, I riot.

Agreed. When charlie found his hat I legit fist pumped the air. I was pleasantly surprised by the Crazy Martha character and how that ended. I'm a bit disappointed S5 won't be a road trip season though. I was looking forward to that. We've got enough community storylines going on in TWD; I feel like FTWD would've benefited from something different. Eh, I'm on board for S5 though.

• 6 months later...
On 11/10/2018 at 2:58 AM, Mr. Hakujin said:

Finally catching up on S4. I'm on episode #8 and so far it's good. Like, shockingly good. I dig the new characters and the inter-cutting timelines. If you dropped off FTWD, I recommend giving S4 a try. 

Yeah I just skipped right ahead to this. Skipping half of S2 and all of S3, and really, 4 eps in, it doesnt matter. You can really jump on here right in the thick of it. The lesser context kind of adds to it. Not to mention, it helps to have Morgan here. I'm starting to care about this universe again. 

On 5/25/2019 at 7:00 PM, Axels said:

Yeah I just skipped right ahead to this. Skipping half of S2 and all of S3, and really, 4 eps in, it doesnt matter. You can really jump on here right in the thick of it. The lesser context kind of adds to it. Not to mention, it helps to have Morgan here. I'm starting to care about this universe again. 

Glad you're digging it, Axels. I'm honestly finding it tough to get the motivation to finish up the last eight episodes of TWD's current season--nine is it?

However, I'm really looking forward to S5 of FTWD starting up this weekend!

Click here for some S5  semi-spoilery pics.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Just finished it too. It's such a good season and that last villain was just great. Very much looking forward to S5

I'm especially excited to see Karen David got cast since I finished Galavant (aka GoT the musical... Major post-show depression on that one.). I don't crush on actors very often, but she is just delightful.

DCZRsH1.jpg