Hondo's Bar

DC Comics scramble to hang on to Marvel's coattails

And, in a massive expansion of the Studio's DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies--as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films--from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:

- "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," directed by Zack Snyder (2016)

- "Suicide Squad," directed by David Ayer (2016)

- "Wonder Woman," starring Gal Gadot (2017)

- "Justice League Part One," directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

- "The Flash," starring Ezra Miller (2018)

- "Aquaman," starring Jason Momoa (2018)

- "Shazam" (2019)

- "Justice League Part Two," directed by Zack Snyder (2019)

- "Cyborg," starring Ray Fisher (2020)

- "Green Lantern" (2020)

Read more: Warner Bros.' DC Comics Movie Slate Fully Revealed! - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoo...2#ixzz3GFW9Tpwo

Follow us: @ComingSoonNet on Twitter | ComingSoon on Facebook

Any actors named for the GL or Shazam films? They've nailed down their cyborg and aquaman etc. Also, I hear they've got the Rock signed to be Black Adam. A horrible move in my view since Black Adam's always seemed more cerebral a villain than most and that's not the Rock's thing. Maybe he can pull truly dramatic performance out of his ass and surprise us because he is intelligent, but I doubt it.

years ago

Johns made me care about Jordan, then introduced the rainbow bright league of lantern coprs, then some shitty universe-wide crossovers in an effort to, i dunno, vilify the guardians worse than prof X got in recent years, only to carry on aimlessly after that. hated dropping that book but it's felt directionless for a while.

Baytor's likely right; after the animated, boring Stewart (or another boring take on Hal) will likely get the role because next to no one outside of ron marz knew how to write Rayner, sadly.

Man, Rayner was so fun under Marz. I remember the issue where he got into an intergalactic bar fight and was using WCW moves on aliens... The crossover with Flash and Green Arrow was cool too.

Although, wasn't Marz also the fridge stuffer? What IS Marz up to these days?

Edited by Jumbie

right? i need to pick up more of those arcs in trade one day.

he was indeed the original fridge-stuffer, and i honestly lost track of him nearly a decade back when CrossGen collapsed...wiki says he went to Top Cow after that, which explains a lot.