Hondo's Bar

Marvel's Agent Carter

• 2 months later...

Madame Masque Is The AGENT CARTER Season 2 Villain

123714.jpg

Agent Carter showrunners have revealed that Iron Man villainess Madame Masque will be Peggy Carter's season 2 nemesis. Read on for details on how the show plans to reinvent Masque for 1940s Hollywood. Will the show connect to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Inhumans storyline?

Follow Mark:

CBMBTNS.png facebookBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By Mark Julian - 8/7/2015

123714.jpg

Sometime's she's an Iron Man villain. At other times, she's Iron Man's lover. However, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Madame Masque will have existed long before Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark is even born. So unless, the MCU opts to chryogenically freeze another character for time period transference (see the Winter Soldier and Captain America) then it appears that we probably will never see Madame Masque on the big screen. Still, it's exciting news to see that Agent Carter season 2 was able to secure such a well-known Marvel villain.

Here's what Agent Carter showrunners Tara Butters and Chris Dingess told /Film. They're obviously changing Madame Masque's look and backstory to fit the 1940s setting of Agent Carter season 2. " I think we’ve changed the look of her a bit obviously. We’ve made her an actress, which is very Hedy Lamar. She was a ‘40s siren actress who was also a scientific genius, so that’s part of what we’re mining with this character." They also confirmed that the role has already been cast, although they're keeping details under wraps. And what does a female villain mean for Agent Carter? Could this be the start of a rivalvry that lasts decades, say up to Carter's cameo in Ant-Man?"For me it is, because I feel like that is something that… as much as there are not enough female heroes just on television, I feel like having a female villain is just as equally powerful", said Tara. Dingess added, " I also think because she’s a female villain, her story informs Peggy’s story in a unique way and vice versa."

In the comics, Madame Masque is Whitney Frost, daughter of Count Nefaria, head of the Maggia. Trained by her father, Frost eventually replaces him as head of the "Big M" and her criminal inclinations frequently bring her into conflict with Tony Stark's Iron Man as the Maggia frequently targets one Stark Industries invention after another.

Agent Carter season 2 will premiere in 2016.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

She's a dull femme fatale that never really does anything interesting. His obsession with her is like his obsession with Jessica Drew (and Jessica Jones for that matter), it's great that you like this character and you want to put her in every fucking thing you write but DO SOMETHING WITH HER! I have yet to see a great or even good character moment with Madame Masque, closest I can think of is her little feud with Kate Bishop in the last volume of Hawkguy. But they managed to unlock Jessica Jones' sadly unrealized potential so here's hoping.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Apparently ABC agreed with Panchito...

“Agent Carter” has been cancelled at ABC after two seasons, Variety has learned.

However, “Agent Carter” star Hayley Atwell has landed another series at the network, the drama “Conviction,” which has officially been greenlit for the 2016-2017 season.

Ffffuuuuuuuhhhhh! The only story I really wanted this series to tell was how SHIELD was officially founded by Carter & Stark and they never even fucking got to that. How cool would it to have even seen a young Nick Fury as a SHIELD agent being groomed by Carter and Howard Stark? Eh, maybe that'll be the next series.

• 2 years later...