Hondo's Bar

Masters of the Universe FILM REBOOT

tumblr_mk2m6lEytX1s5or7ko1_1280.jpg

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/He-Man-Battle-Cat-Look-Like-Masters-Universe-70133.html

Looks like a film reboot is happening! It's is gonna be an origin story taking place entirely on Eternia. Dolph Lundgren said he'll be a part of it, playing the King. Columbia Pictures put out a picture of Battle Cat.

vzh1jdfiecxybfktkgmi.jpg

Hell. Yes.

• 5 weeks later...

http://variety.com/2...ter-1201573946/

Christopher Yost has been hired to re-write / polish the current script.

He was the head writer on the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. He worked on the script for the first and second Thor movies and he's co-writing Ragnarok.

dinonUc.jpg

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 5 months later...

mcg-director-masters-of-the-universe.jpg

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/masters-of-the-universe-reboot-mcg-1201686203/

McG is in talks to direct Sony’s live-action reboot of "Masters of the Universe", based on the Mattel toyline.

The director made his feature debut in 2000 at Sony with “Charlie’s Angels” and followed that with 2003’s “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle.”

The animated “He Man and the Masters of the Universe” series ran from 1983 to 1985. Cannon Films produced 1987’s “Masters of the Universe,” starring Dolph Lundgren as He-Man and Frank Langella as the villain Skeletor. The movie did not perform well, grossing a mere $17 million.

Set on the planet of Eternia, the story follows a warrior named Prince Adam who has the power to transform into the heroic He-Man.

Escape Artists’ Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing “Masters of the Universe” with DeVon Franklin. Alex Litvak and Mike Finch wrote the most recent script. Previous drafts have been penned by Christopher Yost and the team of Terry Rossio and Jeff Wadlow.

McG is in post-production on the New Line horror-thriller “The Babysitter,” starring Samara Weaving as the titular sitter, Judah Lewis, Robbie Amell, Bella Thorne and Andrew Bachelor — aka internet personality King Bach. He also directed “Terminator Salvation,” “We Are Marshall,” “3 Days to Kill” and “This Means War.”

McG is repped by WME and Management 360. The news was first reported by Deadline Hollywood.

Charlie's Angels was cool - got it on blu. Total 'Girl-Power' flick - but the movie itself is shot n' edited masterfully. The fighting/action sequences - it's like an hour n' a half music video from the late 90s. Great time capsule. Not bad for a first-time feature director. Plus, the cinematic return of (the freakin' ageless) Crispin Glover/George McFly as the Creepy Thin Man was awesome at the time.

5b77047c0c333ea9d1ed80eff1a5ccfc.jpg

Only seen Part 2 once - all I remember of it was it reintroduced Demi Moore to the planet.

Terminator: Salvation was a'ight - got that on blu, too. I can watch it - it's a'ight. If you set aside the mythology and horrible casting, it's somewhat interesting n' cool to look at. (Damn, the Terminator series has been so mishandled) Very different...style(? - it's pretty dark) from Charlie's Angles. Haven't seen McG's other work.

I know they're shooting for a dark tone for this reboot, this could be an interesting project.

he_man_and_battle_cat_by_rmendesjr-d6ffsjo.jpg

^I thought the Terminator film he did with Bale was meh, but it got a lot of fanboy hate back when it came first came out. Saw This Means War and found it disappointingly forgettable. Can't say I'm too hyped he's helming MOTU, but I guess on the bright side it isn't Uwe Bole. (But I'll take Mila Jovovich as Teela or Evil-Lyn.)

Also, how has this thread been here since July and Benz hasn't jizzed all over it by now? Fatherhood and shit I guess.

• 1 year later...

http://www.denofgeek...-loses-director

'MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE' LOSES IT'S DIRECTOR - BUT GETS RELEASE DATE.

The Masters of the Universe movie is still in development, and apparently much closer to production than we thought. But Sony giveth and Sony taketh away. While they've confirmed a December 18, 2019 release date for the movie, the director who had been working on it for over a year is now gone. Joseph "McG" McGinty was the last director attached to the project.

EW broke the news of McG's departure. That's not the only change happening, either. Apparently, David S. Goyer is now writing the screenplay.

NEgqsZNdcIsujp_2_a.jpg

Edited by Little Nemo McFly