Hondo's Bar

Stephen King's It (2017)

So as NZA said, we saw this over the weekend (FINALLY!). I really enjoyed it. I loved the original miniseries because I was too young to see all the faults with it, I just loved Tim Curry and how unsettling his Pennywise was. I wasn't sure how Skarsgard would fare, but I think he NAILED it. His Pennywise is something completely different and it really works. I do think he became less terrifying the more they showed him or the more he spoke, but the movie was pretty consistently scary from beginning to end.

I have to disagree, Axels, I think there was almost too much dialogue between him and the kids here. The scene in the well where they speak the most really wasn't Skarsgard's best moment. He actually started sounding a little like Adam Sandler to me at one moment, lol. The more he talked, the less effective he became for me. Although I am curious about the scene they apparently cut that gives a bit more of his back story! I'm wondering if that will make it into part 2!

So yeah, the child actors they got were incredible, especially the one playing Eddie. That kid is going places. I thought the movie was WAY too long, but overall, I had a great time with it and can't wait to see the second chapter!

So, this was the best horror flick I've seen in a while, but my one complaint was that it was too long. The best thing? Those damn kids! Fucking out acting most adults!

It wasn't as scary as I thought it was gonna be, but was WAY funnier. And not in a distracting way. It worked well with the tense parts (which were many). Gonna suck to see those kids go for Chapter 2. I could watch a trilogy of those "losers."

Panch, Axels is correct about

the kids coming back in flashbacks in IT 2: The Ittening. Director said so in a recent interview he wanted to work fast on shooting the sequel b/c he wants the same cast of kids back for sequel flashbacks before they get much older.

Now we can start fan-casting for the 40-something adults. Jim Carrey as the adult wise-crackin' Richie gets my vote.

Ah, yeah. Fair dues. Ive wiki'd most of it awhile ago, so I haven't thought about that. Will tag accordingly though.

That said, the property is 30+ years old. We've had these spoiler discussions way too many times though, so I'll be mindful still.

Edited by Axels

• 2 months later...

The “IT” Deleted Scenes Revealed (Contains Spoilers)

Georgie Catches Boat

Spoiler

Georgie grabs for the boat in the opening…and things go in a whole different direction than the film. You’ll be surprised.

Henry and Bullies wait outside (Extended scene)

Spoiler

As the Losers’ Club heads into the Neibolt house, Henry sits in his car with his face covered in blood. Belch and Victor are dead with throats slit.

• 6 months later...

36548339_2024885447827740_15176085649846

Release the red balloons — Warner Bros. dropped the first full cast photo from “It: Chapter 2,” featuring Jessica Chastain, Bill Hader, James McAvoy, Jay Ryan, James Ransone, Isaiah Mustafa and Andy Bean.

The seven actors make up the adult version of the Losers’ Club, with Chastain as Beverly Marsh, Hader as Richie Tozier, McAvoy as Bill Denbrough, Ryan as Ben Hanscom, Ransone as Eddie Kaspbrak, Mustafa as Mike Hanlon, and Bean as Stanley Uris.

• Really Like 2