Hondo's Bar

Stephen King's It (2017)

Bill Skarsgard is Pennywise in the new 'It'

Up and coming actor Bill Skarsgard will play the lead role in It, the Andy Muschietti-directed adaptation of the Stephen King bestseller about neighborhood pals who are haunted by the murderous clown Pennywise. It’s a step up for Skarsgard, who has been knocking on the door in series like Hemlock Grove and the Divergent sequels. He’s the son of actor Stellan Skarsgard.

OguPZbX.jpg

Haha! Hakujin summed it up nicely.

I haven't seen this guy in anything, so I'm not sure if he'd be a good Pennywise. Tim Curry is hard to beat in ANY of his roles! I'd kinda like to see an updated It, only because I'm interested in a theatrical version. The miniseries was sooo long, but also really good so this'll have big shoes to fill (there's a clown reference here I'm too lazy to make).

Anyone else think this Skarsgard dude has Steve Buscemi eyes?

bill-skarsgard.jpg?crop=211px%2C64px%2C1435px%2C961px&resize=446%2C299&ssl=1

Edited by Donatella

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone seen the recent images released?

Seems they are incorporating a lot more from the book, which is nice.

The tv movie haunted my childhhod.

Feels like i'm in the story , going back to see another version of it as an adult.

Very excited.

Edited by Choose Life

• 2 months later...

Oh hell yeah. I'm on board for this for sure (NZA, ya heard? I wanna see this in theaters!)! That was creepy as hell.

But since when is a 2.5 min trailer a "teaser?" I always thought those were like the 15-30 second ones they put before longer trailers in theaters.

But since when is a 2.5 min trailer a "teaser?" I always thought those were like the 15-30 second ones they put before longer trailers in theaters.

Because they have 5 more trailers ready to show you the whole movie in 10 minute intervals.

Saw the trailer, and I'm super excited for it. There's a lot of people who were naysayers when the first talks about this happened (Tim Curry is god etc), and I hope this "teaser" changed some minds.