Hondo's Bar

Roseanne

The whitehouse has been claiming a 'double standard' over how the liberals have treated Roseanne and president shithole and have now fixated on a piece by Samantha Bee the other day as their primary example.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Slams Samantha Bee For Her Ivanka Trump Comments

I would point out that Roseanne's tweet was a selfish act; making a comment that can only be interpreted as coming from someone who is a racist bigot and who repeatedly parrots disproven conspiracy theories conjured up by white supremacists to personally attack a former minor public official based on her ethnicity and those racist lies.

Meanwhile Samantha Bee was using bad language to try and shame the daughter of the current president of the united states, someone who is publicly employed as a senior whitehouse advisor to said president, to get off her ass and talk to her father about his administration's official policy of casual cruelty, it's contemptuous attitude to the lives of innocent human fucking beings, and the deliberate infliction of permanent mental and emotional harm upon little children. The outrage should be that ICE is deliberately scarring innocent kids for life, (if not outright losing them) and where inhuman cruelty to babies is used as a deterrent policy for illegal immigration AND LEGAL asylum seeking. But Bee called Ivanka a Cunt so shame on her. Should it matter that Ivanka had just made the equivalent to a 'Let Them Eat Cake' tweet? Of course the tone-deafness on behalf of Ivanka wasn't concerning the starving masses calling out for bread and her asking why they wouldn't call out for cake instead since it tastes better; but instead is about babies being ripped from the arms of their mothers by her father's government jackbooted goons while she poses for a touching portrait of her own little boy. Fuck them, fuck her, fuck everybody associated with this abortion of an administration. Great, now I'm worked up.

9 hours ago, Donatella said:

...it has people clamoring for that spinoff. I’d watch Jackie. Or Jackie & Darlene. Roseanne was never the interesting part of that show. 

Eh.  Kind of agree - for me, I always took the first couple of Seasons of Big Bang Theory as sum weird spin-off.  LOL - that's the fate of Darlene n' David, so I'm good.  LOL

I'd honestly rather just watch their older...early, mid-90s-versions' adventures.  I still watch the old Roseanne - if I catch it and it's not going through the older eps.  The later episodes were kinda preachy...soap box-y...I love the times when the kids were kids / younger teens and Dan was straight up Fred Flintstone...and Roseanne delt w/ being a woman / wife/ mother in a crazy world.

Sucks all that's axed now, too.  It's all too bad.

roseanne-trailer-today-180319-tease_f674

^ I really regret not seeing this moment.  LOL - ah, the fuzzies...

18-16-2450-1014x570.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement

It’s official: ABC has given a 10-episode series order to The Conners(working title), a spinoff of Roseanne,for fall 2018. The spinoff will take over the Tuesday 8 PM slot on the ABC schedule that was vacated when Roseanne was suddenly canceled following a controversial tweet by star and executive producer Roseanne Barr.

Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the new series after reaching a settlement with series producer Tom Werner. The Connerswill feature the rest of the Roseannerevival cast, John Goodman (“Dan”), Laurie Metcalf (“Jackie”), Sara Gilbert (“Darlene”), Lecy Goranson (“Becky”) and Michael Fishman (“D.J.”), who will reprise their Conner characters.

• 2 months later...