Hondo's Bar

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

67664024_10157314386552488_5791002210192

Just announced in Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Studios’ DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS with Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen. Scott Derrickson returns as director. In theaters May 7, 2021.

I love that title.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

so this was one of the best ones in a while, and easily the heaviest in terms of fan service & stuff that can be spoiled

newt and i were losing our shit at the living tribunal cameo, were not at all ready for the illuminati revel. 

@tewibewi was losing her whole shit too

okok let's get into the bit that's been bugging me

they absolutely jobbed some of the illumiati!  come onnnnn

okay i get that maybe the didn't know the full extent of wanda's chaos magic, assuming she hadn't shown it in the realities they were aware of.  they did know the extent of the darkholm, which is why that line's strange got done in.  so first thing they do is announce black bolt's powers, and she warps reality on the fly!  ..promptly causing him to try to yell anyway, doing himself in, despite being a very brilliant king

reed, the world's smartest man, just witnessed said reality bending & the death of the ihuman king, so he reaches out for her with no plan.  i cannot stress how dumb this was

captain carter was way out of her league, but missed like her one maybe chance to take off wanda's head with her shield.  rambeau goes the distance but can't manage it on her own

'92 xavier is about the only one that i guess made sense?  like, he's an omega level telepath, he could've shut that shit down quick but instead wanted to reach in and try to free wanda.  noble but stupid is kinda the motto of some of chuck's actions historically

ARE WE EXPECTED TO BELIEVE

KGebyuJ.jpg

I took it that since this universe's heroes didn't get their asses handed to them by Thanos out the gate that they got cocky and assumed they could handle whatever came their way. This is borne out by their behavior in the jury scene, only Xavier's not a prick.

And I think Black Bolt was in the process of speaking when he got his mouth removed. Reed being overconfident in his diplomacy skills also falls in line with his character and Xavier got taken by The Phoenix so I see no reason why he'd do any better against Wanda.

• Hmmm 1

• 1 month later...