Hondo's Bar

The Animatrix

Jesus_was_Goth

Yes, I was browsing through the MAtrix website, looking for trailers for both new movies. And I happened to stumble upon the incredibily cool fact that a DVD is gonna be released containing 9 anime stories about the Matrix. Different points of view and such. I watched the trailer(fear my broadband!) and now I can't wait for it! Hah, only one more year...

Oops, I was dumb and didn't bother searching for an animation forum. Heh Ill move this there...but I dont know how to delete posts. Any help would be great!

Deleting and removing posts in not within your control. That is a power reversed for the admins. It is intrusted to them to use only for the purposes of good, like moving a poster's post at request, or deleting a double post, not for the purposes of evil, like censorship :angry: Accordign to sources, evil censorship has only been used in cases like the elusive dickbowl, a fable like story of the days of yore. It was decided then that the removal of the dickbowl was the lesser of two evil, or some the legends go.

Anyway...I've heard of the Matrix anime. The preview was on the Matrix Revisited DVD. Sounds cool, but I'm not bothering trying to find out much about it. I'll check it out when it comes. Alot of what made the Matrix great was seeing all these things that were once only possible in animation meld their way smoothly into live action. We shall see though.

Cant wait to see more on this one; used to check What is the Matrix.com all the time for info on this one; back when they were into pictures, Square was supposed to offer somethin here too. The ideas are cool, and anyone who's read the online Matrix comics knows theyve got some big names puttin out stories.

So far tho, the project's been linked to Katuhiro Otomo (Akira) in some function, and the guys behind Metropolis which i hear was great too.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not sure whether this belonged in movies or animation, so you guys are welcome to move it wherever. Just thought, on a forum full of Matrix fans, that this should be brought up. The Animatrix - a series of 9 animated short films that give further insight into the history and backstory of the Matrix movies. They're going to release all 9 on dvd in June, but until then they're showing plenty on the web, and before theatrical features (go see Dreamcatcher for the first one - The Final Flight of the Osirus). These shorts look fantastic. I've only watched one, on the website, but it's wonderful. It finally gives us some history into how the world of the Matrix became like it is. Check out The Second Renaissance - Part One. And the next one should be up in the next few days. Droooool.

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/index_anime.html

Bob - merged this with another Animatrix thread, hope ya dont mind..

Yeah, 1st 2 episodes are on the web, and look damn fine...soem top names workin on this thing; if youre a fan of matirx or just cool anime its prolly gonna be a good one to pick up, ill post reviews as soon as theyre out.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, the one playing with Dreamcatcher is fuckin amazing. I think the animation beats out final fantasy even (square CG animated this one) The story element to it isnt nearly as good as the second rennaisance one bob talked about, but it was the coolest fucking thing I've ever seen in my life.

As said before, I'm not a fan of the MATRIX...but the 'toon before Dreamcatcher was fucking amazing. The animation fucked with my head big time. I never saw "Final Fantasy" but if it looked at good as the ANIMATRIX thing did I'd pick it up next time I'm in the video store.

I'm not knowledgeable about the MATRIX or anything (watched the flick twice, fell asleep once) so the story didn't make all that much sense to me but I'd definitly like to see the other ANIMATRIX shorts, even for just the technical aspects of it. The sword fight at the start was pretty hardcore.

What movies are the other shorts playing with?

• 4 weeks later...