Hondo's Bar

Capcom vs Marvel vs SNK vs Your mom

Unidentified Source

Yes, Capcom. One of the greatest companies in the video game industry. What would we do without them? Lets just think of the few classics. Megaman, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Strider, Ghouls n Ghosts, Zelda, 1942, Final Fight, Alien vs Predator, Captain Commando, ie. (the list just goes on). It seems that some of the new school gamers are forgetting about capcom.

I was just thinking, has everyone forgotten of them so quickly? I myself, am a loyal fan, and await further production (especially Capcom vs SNK 3 and Capcom All-Stars when it comes out), and am just wondering who out there still sweats them? Lemme know.

I am also hearing rumors from Spiffy that there are a few Capcom vs SNK 2 players on this forum that don't suck? Let me know. :D

Edited by Unidentified Source

I lean towards Konami but Capcom's a powerhouse, you cant really have a console without them, itd be dangerous if all their licenses ever went exclusive.

Mega Man, Resident Evil/Biohazard, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Omnimusha, Strider, Breath of Fire, Puzzle Figher (see that one needs a sequel)...like US said, the list goes on and on, im sure im forgettin plenty of old school & arcade ones too.

I think they have a hard time keepin up sometimes, honeslty. They keep their fighters 2-D (gorgeous mind you, but not where the industry's at these days), they milk their franchises - how many mega man games and resident evil re-releases? - and things like that.

But they still come up with shit like Devil May Cry, their name on the label still implies quality to me. Im not so quick to forget their classics.

You should look Capcom All-Stars up...i fear its been cancelled recently, hope im wrong...

oh, and spiffy's mediocre at best at those fighters. Me, Chief & others school him often.

PS i somehow forgot Ghouls & Ghosts and Final Fight, good calls. 1942 was classic, Alien Vs Predator (arcade) was badass.

main_banner.jpg

Capcom does indeed rock. Not as much nowadays, but they're still putting out some great stuff. Their best recent stuff I think is the progression they've been making from RE, to onimusha, to devil may cry, I think the next progression is that cowboy one... wonder if that's stil happening? I like Capcom VS SNK and all these, but I want another Street Fighter update! I'm still hooked on Street FIghter 3rd strike and alpha 3. Call me old fashioned, but I like the more strategic, slower (tho not actually slow by any means) gameplay of street fighter as opposed to "Pick megaman and roll/magneto and thanos, do their super-dooper moves simultaneosly, build up super-dooper gauge, repeat" The Vs series is great, but the learning curve goes too quickly from controlled button mashing to death in one combo. All around great stuff tho.

Mmmmm, a new puzzle fighter game. Sounds tasrty.

Street Fighter Alpha is great, but i like Capcom vs SNK 2 better. Marvel vs Capcom 2 is great as well. I still havent bought my Gamecube for Metroid and Zelda (also Donkey Kong and Mario Kart when they come out), but if Puzzle Fighter is coming as well, then Ill be buying one of those $60-65 system on ebay soon enough. :-)

I just thought you might like to know that super puzzle fighter 2 turbo was supposed to be released for the game boy advance this past weekend. It supports two-player action through the use of a gamelink cable (and 2 cartriges) or both players can play head to head on one gba. Talk about crowded. For mega man fans, a line of mega man games has been released on the gba. Mega man and bass was recently released on the gba and the sequel to mega man zero is coming later this year. There will also be a sequel to megaman legends on the ps2 and a 3d cell shaded version of the little blue bomber on the gamecube. I'll try to post some pictures soon. On a sad note, the capcom all stars game was cancelled recently, though I'm not sure why. The almighty Gaming God has spoken.

Yeah, Metriod & Zelda are 2 of the ones i know of offhand that make the game easier/cooler with a GBA for mapping and other purposes...man, with spiffy & them, it might be worth it just to bring back the Puzzle Fighter fests and determine who's the real speedking after all. biggrinking.gif

• 3 years later...

so, uh, to revisit this....Baytor mentioned a Capcom vs Namco over on teh Knoll, anyone know about this? its the first ive heard of it....i guess Capcom All-Stars died out, now theyre fighting the Soul Calibur people?

Oh, and if anyone knows which games are supposed to be on the Capcom Collection 2 later this year, holla.

Shit, i might download it then, i got a good PS2 torrent site and a sytem that'll play em...ill look this one up when Berserk is done downloading.

holy shit, KOS-MOS?!

ps how did capcom have a hand in those zelda games?

Nintendo wanted to develop two Legend of Zelda games for the Gameboy Color, (Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of something else, i forget) at any rate they had Capcom develop it. I shit you not.

Yes, Kos-Mos is in it. And who doesnt want to go Ryu vs. Kazuya. Sadly there are no Breath of Fire characters in it that I've seen. But the entire Captain Commando team is in it and I've personally been antsy to kick some ass as Mack the Knife once again.

Nintendo wanted to develop two Legend of Zelda games for the Gameboy Color, (Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of something else, i forget) at any rate they had Capcom develop it. I shit you not.

Yes, Kos-Mos is in it. And who doesnt want to go Ryu vs. Kazuya. Sadly there are no Breath of Fire characters in it that I've seen. But the entire Captain Commando team is in it and I've personally been antsy to kick some ass as Mack the Knife once again.

Oracle of ages and don't forget the minish cap