Hondo's Bar

Lilo and Stich

SuperEeyore

Ok so yeah I am a Disney Freak!! as are most of my sisters I guess its a girl thing... hehehehehehe

Lilo and Stitch Official Web site!

So this is Stitch and Lilo is a little Girl that lives in Hawaii...he goes surffing and I think he is just soo cute...in the above link are the trailers and also pics and information on Stitch...he is a cool little creature...he is also in a way a cameleon....so check it out!

d_st_01.jpg

wp1_640.jpg

card3.jpg

annnddd eeehh Admin if ya want you can move this to anime cause I know it does fall under that category so eehh just lemme know....

:D  :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks really good. I've know about if for a few months now. Once a disney movie trailer is scored with an AC-DC song, you know there's no going back :D I was really dissappointed with the recent Disney films (pocahontas and after) because they weren't nearly as good as the Litte Mermaid to Lion King period (Aladdin was my favorite). Then came The Emperor's New Groove. That is the all-tiem best Disney movie (unless the Pixar ones count, then it's a toss-up with Toy Story 2 and Monsters Inc). Now if the four Lilo & Stitch trailers are any indication, then Disney isn't letting up. And now that Dreamworks is trying to give them a run for their money and they have real competition, they have real movitation. The best part from the trailers I've seen is with Stitch and the record player. Classic Disney in the making.

• 3 weeks later...

Uh, Amine might need help, but is moving in non-anime animated films into it the way to go? and if so, why not the simpsons thread? Anyway, I think it's more important to keep the anime thread pure rather than taint it for the purposes of expansion. I guess it's just the idealist in me. Anyway, has anyone seen the new Lilo & Stitch TV commercials? Completely different tone from the trailers from the theaters. The theater trailers, as you might recall or never have seen, made Stitch seem pretty menacign, to put it lightly :D . The TV commercials are more...heartfelt and family oriented. Lets put it this way, the TV commercial make it seem easily G. The movie trailers make it look easily PG. I think maybe they got some bad reactions from angry moms, probably thinking Stitch was a bad influence with his socially unacceptable behavior. What is it with people and social unacceptable behavior. Why can't they be more accepting of it?  ???

I put animation in here, American, Japanese or otherwise.  Ive been tempted to toss Simpsons in here, but it feels more like a TV show (prime-time, well known etc) so i kept it in Movies & TV.  Now that you mention it tho, ill prolly move it here.

I'm gonna change the name of this forum soon so folks know its Animation i want here, not just anime.  

Dont get me wrong, im no fan of tossin shit around into innapropriate places just for bigger #'s.

Yeah, I've seen the TV commercials, I see what you mean in them being more G than the trailers.  Don't be fooled though, the movie will be a heartfelt, feel-good disney movie, and it will be very "G" rated.  The character is a cool disgusting little thing but it's still gonna be a kids movie.  I still want to see it, actually looks very damned funny.

ok so I Downloaded the desktop buddy and it is the cutest thing...he is now interactive...well as interactive as he can get..its too cute you feed him coffee and he gets really hyper. then he also has a bad manners thing where hs picks his nose and picks his ear and eats his earwax or his buggers who knows which way it is...but its nasty... adorable but nasty....

:D

From the looks of it, this does seem to finally be a breath of fresh air for Disney. Thank god, too, because their movies have been going down-hill fast. I think Atlantis was one of their worst. I'm not counting Groove because Groove kinda seemed like a bunch of animators sneaked off into a broom closet and made it, without telling any of their bosses. Thank god they did, too...

Well, above all else, the story sucked. It was just a rip-off of a million sci-fi stories from StarGate, all the way back to the original 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Not an homage, mind you...a rip-off. On top of that, the story had plot holes you could drive a computer generated truck through. The movie tried too hard to be politically correct with a huge interracial cast (I'm not against having an interracial cast, but it gets a bit obvious when they make EVERY character a different race) but of course the bad guy is the white American capitalist. And I think Disney bit off more than they could chew with it. They tried to make a big action movie along the lines of a Jerry Bruckheimer flick, and some of the best anime movies, but it never gets past the Saturday-morning-cartoon feel. And oh yeah, the writing can get pretty cheesy. First spoken line of the film: "You fool! You have destroyed us all!"

it will be very "G" rated

Oh will it? How G rated will it be? Will it be SOOOO G rated that it will actually be rated PG? Yes, yes I think so. Make no mistake my friends, Lilo & Stitch is rated PG. And I've been doing some reading, and many indications say that the movie will have more the feel of the trailers than the TV commercials, and the warmer tone of the TV commercial was reactionary measure based on the complaints of many an angry mother during early test screenings. there probably would have recut a whole new set of trailers, but they already spent tons of money animate the trailers with footage that (obviously) isn't part of the film (it wasn't not a simple cut and paste job to make those trailers).

And Bob, I was about rip into you and start preaching the Groove went you said "except for the Groove". That has been my favorite Diney film in a long time, and L&S looks be along the same lines. Lucky thing Stitch lands in Hawaii. I have a feeling it wouldn't be such a fun looking movie had he landed in Afganistan or Burma or North Korea.

One more thing, IC. What if I want to start a thread on "Cool World" or "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"? Would they go in "Animation"? Would they go in "Movies And TV"? Would "Cool World" go in "Animation" because it was a live action character in an animated world while "Who Frame Roger Rabbit?" would go in "Movies And TV" because it was animated characters in a live action world? Both moives have scenes in both animated worlds and live action worlds, yet each does have a clear majority of it's screen time in one or the other. Would they both go in "Animation" because when things start geting fuzy, it's always best to stick threads in the section that needs the most help? We've already gone over where Pink Flold The Wall movie goes (Music or Movies you said "Music"), where Daft Punk's "One More Time" music video goes (Music of Anime, you said either assuming it's an anime video), where KISS comics go (Music or Comics, you said "Crap"), but this seems like a real nailbiter. This is the toughest call since the Election last year.

hmm, well, I stand corrected on that one, I had no clue it was PG, I simply assumed that they threw a G at anything animated that disney makes the way they throw a PG at all of the star wars movies, regardless of anything.  I just meant that it's still going to be a heartwarming kids movie, just, a good one.  Hmm, has anybody seen "Iron Giant"?  I've hear really good things about that but I never caught it.

And about your last post JMT...  SHHH!

That's exactly my point. They slap a G rating on all Disney animated films, so how far do they go before they say "That does it, we simply can't give this a G rating!"? Anyway, The Animation/Movies post was a serios question. I wanna post a Cool World VS Who Framed Roger Rabbit poll, and I need to know where to post it.

*sigh* alright, no public relations dept here, just a sherrif an ol' deput Squarepants. Here goes...

1)Use common sense.

Threads on, say Ghost World, i wanna toss into Xavier's, but if the talk stays around the movie & becomes other movie talk, it stays/gets moved back to movies.  

Cool Wolrd Vs Roger...hell, Fight Club, or here, dont much matter to me, tho "Vs" reeks of Fight Club.

Bascially, if its animated & not based on a comic, im puttin it here in Animation. If animated characters go into real life worlds for 10 minutes, folks still payed for an animated flick, so here it goes.

The anime video, id like it here 'cause music gets plenty of stuff and like you noted, its ambigous.  The Wall's prolly more at home in music as well, ill stand by that.

And yeah KISS can go in the Crap Shack, but that's just me.

...worse comes to worse, remember: start it any which place you please, if its inappropriate, ill just move it anyway. :D

PS Uh back to topic, this movie's lookin more interestin, i admit. Eyeore, post more info/pics when ya can!

I checked out that Desktop buddy that SuperE mentioned a little while back. It's cool. Yall should check it out. Go tot he Official page link in SuperE's first post at the top of this page. I'm off to start the Cool World VS Roger poll. Guess i'll stick it in fight club. Sigh....

Actually, about the "G" rating...Disney's last two films (again, not counting Groove...beware the Groove! Grooooove) were also "PG" just because of all the violence. I don't know who comes up with these ratings systems, though. How many dismemberments have to be in a Star Wars movie before they make it PG-13?

And by the way, Junker, yeah, The Iron Giant was a great movie. One of the best animated movies of the decade.

HAven't seen The Iron Giant myself either. Looked kinda weak, but I guess it's time to check it out. How would you say it stacks up against Titan AE? Anyway, it's the MPAA (the Motion Picture Association of America) that assigns the ratings. And to be fair, Star Wars movies have dismemberments with energy weapons that cauterizes as it cuts. No blood, no PG-13. Though there was blood in the Cantina scene in Epi4....

Well, if we went through and found all the holes in the logic of Star Wars, we'd need another forum. I thought Titan AE was a little weak. The story was pretty good, but some of the animation and some of the voice acting was lousy. And that final shot, where it's obvious that they didn't finish rendering the background? That was kinda pathetic. But it wasn't all bad, and it has its merits. I'd say the Iron Giant is better, though. I probably looked weak in the previews because, unlike Titan AE, it wasn't trying to be a big flashy sci-fi epic. It was just trying to be a good movie. It doesn't get enough credit, if you ask me.