Hondo's Bar

Phone Booth

A phone call can change your life, but for one man it can also end it. Set entirely within and around the confines of a New York City phone booth, PHONE BOOTH follows Stu Sheperd (Colin Farrell), a low-rent media consultant who is trapped after being told by a caller - a serial killer with a sniper rifle - that he'll be shot dead if he hangs up.

What do you do when you hear a ringing public phone? You know it's a wrong number, but instinct forces you to pick it up. A ringing phone demands to be answered, but when Stu Shepard takes the call, he finds himself hurtled into a tortuous game. Hang up, says the caller (Kiefer Sutherland), and Stu's a dead man.

A sudden and shocking act of violence near the booth draws the attention of the police, who arrive backed with a small army of sharpshooters. They believe that Stu, not the unseen caller of whom they remain unaware, is the dangerous man with a gun.

The senior officer on the scene, Captain Ramey (Forest Whitaker), tries to talk Stu out of the booth. But unbeknownst to Ramey, his team, the media circus that has flocked to the site - and Stu's wife, Kelly, and his client /prospective girlfriend, Pamela - the caller has them all in his high-powered rifle sights.

As afternoon turns into evening, Stu, the embodiment of an unethical, self-serving existence, must now undertake a sudden and unexpected moral evolution. He is emotionally stripped naked by the caller. Stu's lies, half-truths, and obfuscation no longer matter. Instead, he must dig deep into his soul, find his strength and attempt to outwit the caller, taking the game to an even more dangerous level.

:shoot:

Here is a link to the Official Site where you can view the Trailer, synopsis and cast.

I certainly hope that the release date (11/15) is not postponed on account of that Loony in maryland. This looks to be a very original Idea carried out exceedingly well.

So what do you folks think?

:: raises his eye towards danny ::

Check out da trailer at apple.com. It'll blow yer feeble flick world! Snoogans. Yeah, that's why nobody saw it in theaters. It was about to start promotion when Columbine went down. Fucking disributer cut their looses and got rid off it. The dircetor and writer (Duffy) pulled as much money as he could put was only about to release it on video.

Yeah, I commented on this one a little while back, saw the trailer along with One Hour Photo I beleive. Looks fuckin great! First trailer in a long time of a movie I'd never heard of that got me excited as hell. This onel'll help prove that Schoemaker is a fine director when he's not putting nipples on batman. It's almost a sure thing that it's getting posponed though. Really hope not , they've got a month to catch this fuck so this movie can come out... get a move on dammit!

If Mussilini gave children gifts it would change the fact that he was a facist dictator. Schumaker can direct good movies, but he'll always be the one who put nipples on Batman. Somethings are irredemable and unforgivable. I mean, so people saw that moviie twice (poor nick)! I will see Phone Booth. If it's good, I will like it, but Schumaker will not be forgiven.

Damn, avioding using Hilter is harder than I thought, but nonetheless I'm obeying Godwin's law.

Fuck! Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! Fuck! Fuckity fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! Fuck a duck! Fuck a duck and suck it! Fuck and suck a duck and name it chuck! Fuck! Fuck and suck a duck and name it chuck then pluck it for a buck! Fuck! Fuck and suck a duck and name it chuck the pluck it for a buck and run amuck! Fuck! Fuck and suck a duck and name it chuck the pluck it for a buck and run amuck, you'r out of luck! FUCK!

I'm angry, so I typed all those fucks out. No cut and paste shit for me! Has hollywood NO balls at all?

How ironic. A Boondock Saints reference, a movie pulled out of theaterical release due to ballsless hollywood fucks being afraid that it might offend people and stir up controversy due to a recent tragedy, which seems to be the same thing that is happening to the very movie who's delay has created my frustration, and with it, the reference made by Silent Bob. So poetic, it should be a book, then it should be optioned to be made a movie, a really cool loking one, then it should be pulled out of theaterical release because the same thing happened to some fucks somewhere in the continental United States, because, after all, that's the only place where tragedy matters. FUCK!

Ya know... If it wasn't so impractical and downright uncaring, I'd say we all go down to maryland, set up some folding chairs in a random parking lot near a Michael's and then sit back with our popcorn awaiting the next victim in place of our movie. But alas, that would be morally fucked, completely backwards on principle.

:plain:

I never really understood why Boondock Saints was shelved because of Columbine. What do the two have to do with each other, other than two people shooting other people while wearing black trenchcoats? Now, I could understand digitally removing the WTC from movies just after 9/11...I can even understand this one, because the plots are eerily coincidental (though they still shoulda showed some balls and stuck to it). But what is the Boondock Saint/Columbine connection?

Know know what we should do? We should go up to MAryland and catch this fucker. The longer this goes on the longer Phone Booth will be delayed. Sure, the whole Washington DC area police force can't catch 'em, but we have an advantage they don't. We're not addicted to crack. At least most of us aren't. Those who are will stay home. The rest of us will go up to Maryland and catch this fucker. We should be able to do this in under one weekend. So, should it be this weekend, or is that too short notice for everybody?

Would love to join you, but from the sound of it, a mission like that would call for us all to be running from bullets at one point or another, so I'm not eligible just yet...unless you need some guy in a wheelchair monitoring everything from a super-hightech van in a parking lot somewhere.

• 5 months later...

A long time ago (like a few months ago), in a galaxy far far away (a theater near you), a movie named Phone Booth was supposed to be released. But some suits in Hollywood thought it better to hold it back caus eof the Maryland Sniper. Now this badass looking movie if finally coming out, April 4th. Finally.