Hondo's Bar

"Resident Evil" the movie

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went into this one thinkin it would be shit.  2 hours of bad-girl action, like Jockavich Jackie-Chan kicking demon dogs....and as it turned out, i think it might be the 2nd best video game flick ive seen (not that that's sayin much).

Gratuitous, fun violence that didnt pull any punches, fun ideas from the game makin their way over, and an ovrerall entertainin flick - not an oscar winner, but i was pleasently surprised.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright...who was the wise guy who told me that I should see this movie???  Cause you all know I'm not big on the horror stuff.

Spoilers

I had my eyes closed for half the movie and mostly screaming "O my GOD!!"  and " Jesus Fuckin...Christ"  I hope there weren't any christiany people there.  

Lots of Pop Up freaky shit.  Good action.

Swear to god Junker....at least catch it on video, its entertainin, at least worth a look.  Your standards for the film seem almost as low as mine were, so ya oughta rather enjoy it...man, that sucker didnt pull any punches at all. :ill:

• 2 weeks later...
....and as it turned out, i think it might be the 2nd best video game flick ive seen (not that that's sayin much).

IC, I certainly hope your choice for first is Final Fantasy. For the life of me, I can't understand how this movie did so poorly. I thought for sure this was the movie to break through the animated drama barrier in the US. It was so good, it's had big name actors. I blame it entirely on the marketing, there's no way that movie did as poorly as it did based on it's quality.

Yeah, that'd be the one.  I havta defend it a lot; fans wanted chocobos & medieval castles an such, others just write off anythin animated as "kiddy".  They hyped it a lot, just fell into the same barrier lotsa U.S. animations have - the market's tough if its not Disney stuff for young'uns.  

Sadly, Square took a huge dive for it, their ambition cost between 175-200 million, so no more Square pictures.  ???

Someone told me they did a short on the Matrix Revistied bonus disc, havent seen it yet tho.

• 4 years later...
Spoilers

I had my eyes closed for half the movie and mostly screaming "O my GOD!!" and " Jesus Fuckin...Christ" I hope there weren't any christiany people there.

Lots of Pop Up freaky shit. Good action.

Four years later and I still can't find any spoilers in mulan's post. It's like "Spider-Man 3 spoiler: Peter Parker is Spider-Man!"

Don't be too hard on Junker. This movie clearly wasn't visually stunning enough for him.

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

DoJ's right about Rodriguez, she was hot. I also agree iwth Mr ex...i enjoyed Silent Hill. Im down for re-watching either of these films, come to think of it, which is cool cause either one of them couldve been the next Alone in the Dark or House of the Dead or some shit.