Hondo's Bar

Hondo's software must-haves

BigChiefSlapaho

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably one of the coolest little music tools out there. If you're into making beats or just fooling around with a mini-studio, this program is a lot of fun to play with.

Fruityloops

This can be as easy or as complicated as you want it to be. You can use the collection of sounds available in their library to make a cool beat layout or you can download a plethora of plugins and take advantage of its near-studio-quality effects libraries (compressors, tone adjustors, etc...) to make new sounds for advanced beats.

You can even make your keyboard simulate a piano keyboard and play notes on it. Or, if you've got a keyboard with a firewire / usb hookup, you can make it work here too.

I've used it on many occasions but I'm nowhere near a master at it.

What is a good piece of software that will help me condense and copy DVDs...I had one that came with my computer but it doesn't get them small enough to actually burn..it keeps saying there's too much data to copy on 1 disc (and i want it on one disc if possible)....I heard that there used to be something like DVD-X but that they took it off the market. Is NERO any good or is there one that will do the same thing but cheaper? Thanks for your help!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just bought *coudownloadedgh* Corel Painter IX. to uhm...uh, test it out...before i really buy it... heh haven't tried yet but sometimes painting in Photoshop isn't enough. Photoshop is key though for editing. I rarely post a picture anywhere before it passes through Photoshop.

Daemon tools are a godsend. I don't think I can get rid of the virtual drive it creates though...my computer thinks it has two DVD ROMs.

yeah, GAIM comes stock on most Linux releases. I've tried it, it's a very toned down version. Trillian does have updates every so often, and you can't get the full effect with the unregistered one. but it's still pretty decent.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're all about customizations like da Nick, I've got a screenshot for you.

This is my desktop:

currentcustomization.jpg

GANT is an icon set made by this 15 year old kid. Apparently each one is hand painted or something, I forget. Anyways, I don't have the link to it, but they are very very sweet icons...plus there is a shitload of them. Some made explicitly for certain programs, but that doesn't mean I have to use the certain ones they give me...I could have a big red X for photoshop (but it's a really sweet X), or a smiley face instead. So yeah, I think the set may be on Deviant Art somewhere.

For the theme change I went with StyleXP. There's also a website called ThemeXP where you can download wallpapers, logon screens, desktop themes, etc...

Warning: Only use GANT if you have Icon Packager. You can do them one by one if you like, but this will take you a very long time unless you only want one or two. I can send some icons if you have any request.

Also, use of StyleXP is also for the very knowledged. You will be editing system files and executables which may not bring your computer back up. Know what you are doing and backup all your shit before tampering...

So basically, read the instruction manuals and use at you're own risk.

Fair enough, and it looks sharp too.

How do you change the icons for the progams on your start menu? I cant even rename them, it fuckin renames the damn file itself. I hate that.

That, and my folder backgrounds still look like shit. Damn you, XP.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else wanna try this? i couldnt get it to work, shame...

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH HERE.

TO UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS XP WITH WWW.WINDOWSUPDATE.COM WITH THE NEW GENUINE CHECKER OR SHIT,

GO TO THE URL, WHEN THE PAGE IS LOADED DONT CLICK ON ANYTHING ON THE PAGE,

COPY DOWN THIS STRING IN THE ADRESS BAR WHERE IS WRITTEN THE ACTUAL URL : WWW.WINDOWSUPDATE.COM.

java script:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')

WHEN THIS STRING IS ENTERED AS THE ADRESS PRESS ENTER TO ENABLE IT.

AFTER PRESSING ENTER THE GENUINE SHIT SHOULD BE CRACKED AND YOUR CHECKOUT SHOULD BE WORKING AS NORMAL.

PRESS CUSTOM OR EXPRESS AS BEFORE AND THE GET THE UPDATES FREELY WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM !!!

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION EMAIL ME AT : FLIP_ABSORBANT@HOTMAIL.COM

Archived