Hondo's Bar

Return of Return of the King

Silent Bob

An "official trailer" for the extended (50 minutes longer!) version of The Return of the King will be released through lordoftherings.net on Monday, but until then here's a little sample to watch as long as you have Windows Media Player. More Saruman, Gandalf vs the Witch King, a freakin' scary Mouth of Sauron and Aragorn challenging the dark lord himself! The great just gets even better.

I wanna do that too!

(for those who didn't know, it's due out Dec. 14th.)

Any customers that have asked me where the LOTR Trilogy is (Original Version) I explain about the extended version, and they wait for it.

:D

hey, speaking of kings returning: saw Junker today, and a bootleg Doom III killed his comp. He should be back around the holidays, hopefully chiefy'll fix him up then, and he'll be a regular again.

Now, to solve the mysteries of Coley & 2Track...anyway, carry on.

Woo! Junker's goming back! Yeah, we were planning on having this LOTR Extended trilogy night for a while, but we were assuming the extended ROTK would be coming out in November, same as the other two LOTRs. When we found out it would be coming out the Tuesday of finals week, it put a damper in our plans. Lots of people a leaving town the second they finish finals. We might have to wait until the spring semester to have it, but by then, most of the people we'd want to get together to watch it will already have seen it.

Wait, i know the Matrix massive set is being called gratoutous (sp), which isnt right for those that still enjoyed it (god knows i did till part 3), but this flick...lets be honest, if that ending was any longer, i think i wouldve been IC the white...er, or somehting. 50 more minutes? Of what, rallying-for-an-epic-battle talk? This thing needed a good half hour shaved off, not time added on....not tryin to shit on anyone's cornflakes here, but i just didnt dig the final chapter the same way others seem to - somewhere between the wanker king trying to burn his son alive, and the dumb chick who killed the supposedly badass death adder guy, i lost interest.

*pulls a bowl of cornflakes away from IC*

Yeah, I think I was starting to fall asleep in the theatres for this one but I didn't. The war scenes were bad as all hell, but getting up that freakin mountain was just exhausting to watch. I enjoyed the trilogy. I started reading the books but I never got past half of FOTR. I'll still watch the movies though...as long as we get breaks in between.

Well IC, I feel what you're saying, and I get why you'd think this was gratutious if it was an extended version like most extended versions are. Most extended versions of movie have useless footage strung back in, and even the extended version of FOTR is a little guilty of this, but the extended version of the Two Towers was like watching a completely new movie. Mayb eof the characters (Sam, Gollum, Faramir, and this father) all had scenes edited back in with crucial character developement scenes that made me see those characteres pretty differently.

Now, if you didn't dig the movies, it's easy to see how this is gratitous, but for fans this is good shit.

Yeah, i can dig it. I mean, the bearbones version of The Good, The Bad & The Ugly added like 30 minutes onto a 3 hour epic western that had, wha, 20 lines of dialouge? Then, this new badass one addded even more, just in case you wanted more panning shots of deserts & graveyeards to the tune of Ennio Morricone. I thought it was cool shit, i imagine all non-nick personnel found it mind numbing.

Archived