Hondo's Bar

Redesigning Hondo's

The NZA

Ok, so our official Tech Support guys - the CRT pimps - should be ready to go now, both havin full FTP access, which means they can mess with all the sub-pages - member list, art the front page, gallery, all of it.

I'm working on modified/restricted access to the admin control panel for chiefy, so i can put his coding skills to use for mods - when he's got some free time, we can get the spoiler tags back up & all kinds of things. On my end, i need to finally finish up on the chat program.... :D

So, the two are looking at a massive project, should they undertake it, of relocating our board's images to a designated directory, freeing up a lotta the mess behind the curtains that no one else sees....ive no idea how they intend to re-route every damn image that's being hotlinked (you guys arent thinking of editing everywhere, are you? that'd never end...), but if they do any such thing, we'll have a temporary shutdown to help em out.

Anyway, now that i got help, i gotta abuse it put it to use, so whenever you guys get a chance, here's what needs doin:

-I dig our drop-down menu on the main page, cause ive been able to get it compaitble with most browsers & give off effects even, but if dante comes up with a better flash one, id be down...my main complaint is that i cant find a hex color that matches our main skin dead-on, and Invision themselves are way off on a guess. If someone coudl google "hex colors" and find the code for a color that more closely resembles our theme, id really be greatful.

-The Member List needs centering/proper orientation; some shit isnt allligned right. This shouldnt take too long, right?

-The profiles themselves need work....Ruby and Dante are both examples of margins gone horribly wrong; but the whole template needs redoing anyway....

No more purple bar (i was thinkin of a shade of blue matching the main skin), then, id have their name up top link back to their profile here in the board itself (the mini-one; thought itd tie the pages together better), and i intend to ditch the "slideshow" effect; its just an issue of making sharper-looking tables for data, and having a good spot for pics either above or to the side of these tables, whichever looks better.

I know there's a ton of em; once there's a template to work with, ill update a lot of em on my own, too.

You know what'd be cool? Chief, instead of the Submit your profile page, could we get some HTML form of of a questionaire to fill in, and then click a button to submit it to Profiles@hondosbar.com ? that'd work better, i think.

-Dante: any chance of some sharp frame kinda graphic you could put around The Gallery page? id like to sharpen that page, as well as The Jukebox, up - i like the graphics & such in em, just looks half-assed...goddamn margins.

-I'm working on updating the glorious FAQ, but im serioulsy debating somethin here:

Jax - itd take a long-ass time, but what if, in the answer to every question on the faq, i had thumbnails or some button to click to see the Great Sarcasmo do a pic-by-pic illustartion (where its relevant)? I was thinking of flash files, but there'd just be too many of em to do, and images might work better....

-Im also open to revamps of the photo gallery section, possibly renaming it so its not confused with the art gallery....i love our pics, i just wish it wasnt all one big massive white page goin on back there. Maybe thumbnails?

's all i can think of for now....some shit could get done quick-like, some mgiht take a while...i know im draggin my nuts on the chat, but with some help, i can have that & the mods going sooner than not, and this place could really look great too. Let me know what you guys think you can do.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
-I'm working on updating the glorious FAQ, but im serioulsy debating somethin here:

Jax - itd take a long-ass time, but what if, in the answer to every question on the faq, i had thumbnails or some button to click to see the Great Sarcasmo do a pic-by-pic illustartion (where its relevant)?  I was thinking of flash files, but there'd just be too many of em to do, and images might work better....

To the casual observer, it might look like this is the first time IC has approached me with the idea for this project, but in reality, he actually pulled me aside last night after the Poker and asked me about it in private. It went a little something like this....

HowIGotTheFAQJob.jpg

Yes sir, this place is lookin different already... :D

hopefully after the winter break, we can get some of this stuff started....ill try to work on some of the mods soon if i get a chance.

ps i fucking hate mods. after an hour and a half on a non-working flashchat, i try this, what looks like a cool modification, creating a forum page where members can mark their location on a world map, showing where everyone hails from....seems one step shy of workin, and i followed directions to a fuckin T :D

i hate coding. :D

I came up with an idea for this map thing. I want everyone to send me a serious picture of themselves. This will take a bit longer, but if I can do it right, it will look great!

The pictures, try to make them a public photo of yourself not necessarily looking at the camera. What I'm thinking of is something like a picture taken by spies. Don't worry about the quality. And if you don't have one like this, see if you can take one. Cool thanks.

My e-mail: danteas1@comcast.net

• 1 month later...

Ok, so the long-overdue Hondo's F.A.Q. 5.0 is now up & running, by popular demand i had a minute or two...its got 50% more sarcasmo, too.

I tried the newest version of the Chat earlier this morning, you can see results from that link. :D For me, it never gets done logging in....

Anyway, look for sharp new designs on our member project pages soon - there's already great new art from Fakename & Silent Bob at The Gallery, and 3 great new mp3's up at The Jukebox (the section; not to be confused with the member whom SuperE pushed towards suicide ( :D )

Dante's busy these days, but the member profile overhaul is sounding good. If i could just get these spoiler tags installed, id be good for now. Lemme know what you guys think.

By the way - all of this is landin us some attention.

Archive.org will let you take a small, picture-less look at how we were a year or so back, and Google's brining folks in too.

Don't believe were internationally known? Check out some of the countries that stopped off here last week...

Hondos%20international.jpg

(first # is # of people from that country, then # of pages accessed, and sixe, natch)

The government's not that efficient. They'd have to senf out a form to be filled out by some official, get it notorized, present it to a committy, and after 6 months of beaurachy, the whole proposal to arrest me will have to be tossed out cause somebody forgot to but a cover sheet on the TPS report.

The miliary watching in is scaring me though. How much longer before I'm taking away to Guantanamo Bay?

You guys sure are paranoid...im glad i left off the figures from Latvia.

Anyway, some photo gallery pages have various new bits on them, as well as the updated FAQ, so lemme know what you guys think, again - if something's missing, here's the place to let me know.

Archived